MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #21
tyme2move

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Have you received an itemized statement? If not, ask for one. They are supposed to supply one. Check it to make sure that you are not getting charged for services that you did not receive. Then try to negotiate what's left.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #22
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

[QUOTE=JET;1028891happy to not take it.

Lesson learned the hard way, next time I will know what to expect. I wonder if all the orginizations work this way with ambulances. Seem that other places they didn't charge ie gixxerbill story.

J[/QUOTE]

They really didn't do anything for me. they just ask me some question and gave me a ride back to the paddock where I hopped in Radar's truck. But the ER more than made up for it.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #23
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

I'm in the wrong business.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #24
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Negotiate
+1 for what this guy said.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #25
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
+1 for what this guy said.
but +1 my uncle used to negotiate medical bills for living. When my grandfather had his first stroke he negotiated his bills to pennies on the dollar.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #26
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

^^^^^what do you have against aggies?...
johnpatrick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #27
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Danbury EMS attended to me at MSRH back in Sept... they charged $1,386 for their services. Out-of-line I felt, especially since they didn't even transport (the hely-copter did that).

I, too, assumed that a basic look-over like you had done WITHOUT TRANSPORT would be included in their base fee.

Even looking at my itemized bill (which indicated that they did more than just look me over), I still found the charges to be excessive. But I guess "excessive" and "medical" just go hand-in-hand...

I still always give EMS guys a break when I'm at work, though... would have thought they'd done the same.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #28
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

I've been told that medical charges CANNOT go against your credit... anyone know the truth on that?

Like Tony said, pay 'em what you feel is fair, then tell 'em to get bent on the excess...

HERES ANOTHER QUESTION... I got a letter from a collection agency saying the $2,500 I received from StateFarm (accident/medical policy that comes with full coverage) is owed back to my health insurance! I know worker's comp has to be paid first if you get any kind of settlement, but this is supplemental insurance! Fukking douche bags won't return my calls, though, guess they know I know its bogus...
Old 02-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #29
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
I've been told that medical charges CANNOT go against your credit... anyone know the truth on that?

Like Tony said, pay 'em what you feel is fair, then tell 'em to get bent on the excess...

HERES ANOTHER QUESTION... I got a letter from a collection agency saying the $2,500 I received from StateFarm (accident/medical policy that comes with full coverage) is owed back to my health insurance! I know worker's comp has to be paid first if you get any kind of settlement, but this is supplemental insurance! Fukking douche bags won't return my calls, though, guess they know I know its bogus...
Back in 2000, when I bought my house, they told me that my credit record had to be clean with no unpaids - medical or otherwise. It may be different now though.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #30
MadseasoN

n
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #31
abelrob

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa

Quote:

If they sell it to a collection agency, the collection people will put it on your credit.
abelrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #32
D_UNIT

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03'xr50w/carbon fiber,07' R1(SOLD), 06' Ranger Rover Sport SuperCharged(NEW TOY)

I assumed that my insurance would cover emergency costs on or off the track. i might have to look into that.
D_UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #33
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Danbury EMS attended to me at MSRH back in Sept... they charged $1,386 for their services. Out-of-line I felt, especially since they didn't even transport (the hely-copter did that).
Ouch. When I was transported by Legacy EMS Services from TWS (Texas World Speedway) to College Station, they charged me $970. I'd say Danbury is a bit extravagant. Did you all have cushioned boards and champagne and music on your transport?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #34
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
If they sell it to a collection agency, the collection people will put it on your credit.
As long as you are paying something a month or week they will not turn you over for collection. Thats what I would do, pay 20 bucks a month...every month. They will go for that most likely.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #35
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
As long as you are paying something a month or week they will not turn you over for collection. Thats what I would do, pay 20 bucks a month...every month. They will go for that most likely.
NOPE... Got the collection letter and my insurance company didn't even know about it! Me AND my insurance called the collection agency, but our calls were never returned.

I got another letter the other day that said they were turning the "debt" over to their legal department. Fukk them...
Old 02-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #36
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
NOPE... Got the collection letter and my insurance company didn't even know about it! Me AND my insurance called the collection agency, but our calls were never returned.

I got another letter the other day that said they were turning the "debt" over to their legal department. Fukk them...
i'm in a similar boat w/ physical therapy. they sent me a bill for unpaid services, talked w/ my ins. co, P/T had coded it wrong, ins. said to resend it it, now i get an EOB and they aren't gonna pay cuz it wasn't sent in in a timely manor.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #37
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Here's the real (I've only got 25 years experience, hopefully it'll make sense).

911 EMS will NOT charge you if you don't get transported. There is a flat rate charge for care given prior to a Life Flight transport (most 911 EMS). You can call 911, be seen and even treated by EMS, decide not to go to the hospital with them, and never see a bill.

As for Racer X's comment about "dieing" later, well, if the person was competent to make a decision to refuse treatment, the liability is not on the EMS provider any more. As far as competency, there is a standard of care that covers that issue, and must be met for a person to refuse treatment/ transport.

At LSTD events, EMS does not charge unless that person is transported. Like Bill's story about getting a ride back to the paddock from the track, it's something we expect them to do. It also gives them a chance to fully evaluate you over time. You'll only be charged if you are transported.

Sorry about your deal Charles, I know this is a huge hassle, and I agree that you should never have been charged for that.

Private EMS is a racket, and no, it's not the cash cow someone eluded to in a previous post. They do NOT make money, and running one is a very poor business to get in to. Most don't last but a few years at the most- they all get in to it thinking that they will get rich. 99 of 100 people working for private ambulances are NOT paramedics, but are EMTs (which is 2 steps below Paramedic)- if you're lucky, the TD org will specify at least 1 paramedic per ambulance in their contract (we do).

Private ambulances are a poorly regulated grey area of EMS. As for people's "lives" in their hands, almost 100% of their "patients" are people getting a ride to and from facilities, many of which could take a wheelchair van (but Medicare/ Medicaid pays more for ambulance transport... see a connection?). If you're lucky, you'll have a ambulance standing by at the event you attend with off-duty paramedics and EMTs from 911 services. At least that way you'll get some competent people to attend to you (of course that will not translate to competent bill collectors in their company). Most private ambulance providers do that full time, and never have or get experience in "real" EMS where they have to perform their skills. I said most, some do, but it's well less than 5% of the folks who do privates full time.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #38
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

Thanks for all the comments. The reason I wanted to put this out in the public domain is because I want to make sure we as track day customers are aware of the policies and costs associated with support so we can make informed decisions.

I 'assumed' a policy at one track day organization was standard and it was a bad assumption on my part, one that I won't make again and I hope this experience saves others from making as well.
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #39
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

I crashed at Katy and got my bell rung royally... was carried to the ambulance and kept in there with the ac on for 2 hours before they would allow me to leave.. even then i dont know how i made it home.. i knew where i was . but was a long time before i knew how to get home.. anyway its a tiny little rinky dinky track.. but they charged me nuttin... i thought it was a hella jesture.. just my two cents worth..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #40
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

At the drag races there is no charge for the EMS service if you are hurt
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement