MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #21
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Butts View Post
Ok obviously some of yall really dont understand except for "Whorenet". Ive been riding the streets of Houston for over 10 years. I do know a whole bunch of Sport riders. Ive been to the majority of rides and gatherings. And I think that most of the replies are the ones that I mainly am talking about.. So if there is loyalty then why did the other rider site of houston ( not stating the Name) become? it became because they did like most of the other people and the talking that is on here and some of the replies to my post is proof. And like the videos the web is different. You can talk the talk but half of yall cant walk the walk. Oh going to ASI or To starbucks thats so fun and different.. Yeah right same thing back in the 90s accept there was James Conney Island and twice the amount of riders that gathered.
agree with you about that but with all the media attn alot of the fools got us in when every one was hanging out at jci and the sonic station you (know what im talking about), there isnt much else to go. the week after that report on fox there were cops at ever place we went. and if i had a group of riders i dont really want to be hanging out at a bar everynight like a bandido, also the other site, what are those guys doing others are not?

Last edited by OMEGA; 02-19-2008 at 09:35 PM.
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sport bikes Vs. Cruisers FowleR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 59 11-07-2012 07:50 PM
Why don't more Cruisers(specifically Harley riders) wear more protection? Urbangatsby General Discussion (Moto Related) 126 11-30-2011 12:40 PM
Sport bike riders going to cruisers.... how was it??? or have you done it?? floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 06-07-2011 11:37 PM
Cruisers or Sportbike Riders? Whos better? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 05-24-2011 01:58 PM
For Racers, Track Riders, Street Riders, Cruisers yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-21-2009 09:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #22
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

my input will not count for chit but this is how i am,,

i am a rider , i love sport bikes more than the iron but i like bike in all !

i do not what or feal the need to join a club, pay does and make manditory meetings, i have a family and a job and i dont always have time to ride.

MH is my club, fee of charge and you ride with who ever you like!

we do have our comeradery, i will help anyone if i can , but as i said i have a job and a family so dont get upset when i say i cant do something!

you know what i mean, i am in it for the rides the friends and the time out of my normal life! its great and i would do almost anything for my fellow riders , no matter if i know you , have ever met you, it dont matter what you ride if i can help i will, i have given things away on this forum and sold others . and i have yet to meet anyone that i dont like on MH

BUT ALOT OF THE CRUSER (HD) RIDERS ARE MORE ABOUT JUST THEM ,WE WAVE THEY DONT BUT WE KEEP ON WAVEING ! NO MATTER WHAT I WILL GIVE YOU THE OL BROTHERLY TWO FINGER TEASER IF WE PASS. AND I DO NOT EXPECT IT IN RETURN BUT ITS NICE SOMETIMES!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #23
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Anytime you take a large group of people and converse with them this openly, there will be problems.

difference being in a club or gang is the smaller sect will fill the needs of the individuals and the larger group will still get together and have their rides. Same around here... I ride alot by myself, have the smaller groups I get together with, then the northside groups and even the larger cross town groups as well...

singling yourself to one group will make a closer bond but that closes you out to so much more available... Did you know at any given time there is someone setting up a track day, drag day, ride at one side of town or the other... the options are endless... vs a small group getting together to ride on a particular time, then knowingly twice a year alot will get together on a planned ride...

I think its awesome that five days before a ride 60 some bikes can assemble from all over houston to get together and ride twice in a row to Galveston... As for loyalty, we all have our separate lives and ambitions and riding is something we share in common.

I have been in church groups less supportive then MH, sadly to say... What MH does promise is a fellowship from people of different opinions and backgrounds that may clash but at least you come out with an answer for a question, support from peers and open invitations from strangers that will support and help at a single notice.

Just my two cents but I have only benefited from riding with the MH group
Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #24
Mr.Butts
ROKABYE

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GsxR 1000

There you go thanks FKNA you understand.
Mr.Butts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #25
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

this is y no else hangs out anymore
Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #26
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

you think that video show the avrege rider in houston?

i dont think so, i do not do, nor condone the street stunting or raceing , yes we do brake the law from time to time but like i said most of us just like to ride, be it on the street or the track!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #27
Mr.Butts
ROKABYE

Bike(s):
2006 GsxR 1000

Thanks for the support Omega and Caligonetx Thats basically what I was talking about mixed in with the younger imature riders that have been riding. I was just rambling about frustrations with my personal and club friends. I am grateful for MH they have put on some awsome rides. And if it was for here like omega said there would be no where to go. Unfortunatly stupid people are breeding.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #28
Htownz

Member Garage

I'd say it is MUCH easier for a Bandito or a cruiser to come chill with a bunch of sport bikes in a lot as opposed to a sport rider pulling up to a bunch of Banditos/Cruisers. Yeah granted the unity may be stronger there, but the openness is far greater among sport bikes.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #29
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

for h2in ^^ the average rider wasnt racing i said in the previous post it was these idiots that stopped alot of the older sb riders from going out, im no stunter but i dont like to be riding or hanging out in spots were cops waiting to hassle me or give me a ticket. alot of riders felt the risk going out there wasnt worth it, guilty by association
Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #30
Mr.Butts
ROKABYE

Bike(s):
2006 GsxR 1000

Well until that video came out that pretty much was the life of the riders back in 2000 we would leave The island and watch Tony rodeo take off on One with his girl on the back and we woul either go to westpark to race, wheelie, go to holmes to race, or see who could make the loop the fastest. I remember leaving the island in a mix of 50 bikes seeing who could make it back to the island the fastest.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #31
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

well i see it kinda the same , but i ride cruser and sport , i have family and friends that are h.d. and they are cool as but i dont see them just walking up to a sport group and saying hey how are thing , and just hanging out
i dont know its diff perspective from one side to ther other , i have had coments from hd riders , and they like sports bikes its just not their thang!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #32
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Butts View Post
Well until that video came out that pretty much was the life of the riders back in 2000 we would leave The island and watch Tony rodeo take off on One with his girl on the back and we woul either go to westpark to race, wheelie, go to holmes to race, or see who could make the loop the fastest. I remember leaving the island in a mix of 50 bikes seeing who could make it back to the island the fastest.
i remember hearing about that 610 loop raceing , dont know if its true but they would run like 8 min around the loop!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #33
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I have made a lot of very good friends on here that I probably wouldn't have met without MH, and we've done track days and lots of M&G's....even went to the Hill country with a big group in 2006 and had a BLAST!!!
The only issue for me...............................................m ost of them are younger than my kids!!! But they still let PaPa hang out with them

Guy's my age want to play golf :/:
Old 02-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #34
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post
i remember hearing about that 610 loop raceing , dont know if its true but they would run like 8 min around the loop!
15 was the fastest, i know of, the 15 minute club, (secret society)
Old 02-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #35
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post
I think THAT is an Urban Myth..........it's like 36 miles and some claim to do it in less than 9 minutes? I think you would have to AVERAGE 140+ to do it.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #36
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I was breaking in a chain riding 610; on the outside direction, inside lane at almost a constant 80 it takes 35 minutes... so the 610 could be possible

and I thought it was suppose to be within 20 minutes...

if so, choose the inside direction, outside lane at night
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #37
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50
03' GSXR 750 - True Method

Send a message via Yahoo to UNKNOWN_DJ
Well I am going to have to agree with MR. Butts, I am his ride or die friend. Trust me the last crew he was with seemed to flake out on stuff. I just wish we could find true riders over here in the pasadena side of town. I know they do few meets over on this side. I remember Tom would gather us up over at amc30. Like most of you have to say motohouston people are really the biggest family you will hear about around town. I think he is just blowing off some steam on some of the other people he rides with. I think it is messed up that he is working on someones bike and they are not there helping. As for me if I get me lazy a$$ over to his house which beer ussually does it. I am there with him cooking and working on the bikes. Oh yea drinking also, maybe we can do some sort of meet and greet over in this area. I think it is time for a new crowd for this boy to meet. I would like to get some of the other people over on that side of town to meet up maybe we can do a stunt day and bbq afterwards? Well nick dawg I am about to finish some more beer and watch superbike
Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #38
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

^ yea
that is halling ,

and brutus your right , i see riders all the time in my area and i dont know who they are and i realy have no way to meet them, so yes MH has brought a lot of people together that other wise would never have met,

and like AZYLUM, I have known him for yrs but he moved up to houston and will we lost strack of each other , then i find out he is on MH so we ride together when we can!

props to MH!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #39
Htownz

Member Garage

Woah woah wait..wait...this 8 minutes is unreal 610 is like 38 miles if I'm not mistaken..meaning 4 and 3/4ths a mile every minute if you were to do it at 8 minutes..basically going over a mile every 15 seconds on average....

15 would be like 2 and 1/2 mile every minute....that's still pretty fast...

Never heard of those races but , that's insane....
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #40
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

[finish some more beer and watch superbike [/QUOTE]

YOU TELLING ME I AM MISSING SUPPER BIKES, IS IT A NEW ONE! I HATE WORK!:/:

Advertisement