MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #81
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
could be worst...could call you a witch and burn you at the stake...what local goverments did in the past
well they had to have something for entertainment.

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crabb River Pachuco Events, Meets and Rides 3 03-30-2010 10:14 PM
Crabb River anyone? dudewhrsmybike Events, Meets and Rides 46 06-16-2009 08:28 AM
crabb river road? boss-hog Events, Meets and Rides 23 06-19-2008 06:38 PM
crabb river rd JaYRillo General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-11-2007 04:21 AM
Any of you out towards crabb river today? UrMyStlkAl General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 02-27-2006 10:30 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #82
chris514scott

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
Lets see then... Is that your R6 on your myspace page???

Your in violation of. TRC 547.602. Mirrors and TRC 547.801. your fender eliminator.

Your complaining about harassment?
I have mirrors... and we've already established that my Oklahoma tag is legal in OKLAHOMA

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/iantuter
chris514scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #83
chris514scott

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

Quote:
sounds like the cop could of had the bike towed ....
if he wanted too
and made the rider walk home
hows that for being a azz

cuz don't u need a texas license after 30 days in state
Wow everyones lack of knowledge for the law on this site is crazy.... You do not have to have texas tags if you live in the state as a student

Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #84
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris514scott View Post
Its past the point of patroling... Its harassing... The cop that followed me,speedfreak and hardcoresteve followed us the entire road weaving back and forth between us trying to find a reason to pull us over. Finally at the end of the road he pulls me over for a bent Oklahoma license plate. Says its highly illegal in Texas to have a bent plate. I informed him that it was not in Oklahoma. After a 15min soap box speech from him telling me that he knows im one of the guys dragging their knees on his road and telling me that he better never see me on his road again, he just gives me a written warning. (Funny ive never been to crab river before)
It really sucks when you find out that one of your friends wont be coming back from the ride out there. Its to be expected that a crackdown on sportbikes is going on there. I know if I was a cop in that area the protests of harassment would start to get old to me. just my.02
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #85
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Now let's not get it twisted. I'm not against the lawman doing his job he chose to do, just against those that would take advantage of the right's given to them by the people, for the people.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #86
chris514scott

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
Now let's not get it twisted. I'm not against the lawman doing his job he chose to do, just against those that would take advantage of the right's given to them by the people, for the people.....
del240z im so glad to see there is someone else on this forum that doesn't have there head up their ... I agree with you 100% I have the up most respect for LEO's (in fact i have a ride along with HPD Friday just for fun). I myself want to be a U.S. Marshal as soon as i graduate from college. The thing that bothers me is when cops are wasting there time on SOAP BOXES instead of doing there job. If that cop would have just stopped me a said, "Hey i see your from out of state, I would like to let you know that your tag isn't legal in Texas and you might want to get that fixed" i would have had no problem. I would have thanked him for the information and been on my way. But instead he wasted time lecturing me and threating me.. Thats one of the reasons that response times are so long for actual emergencies.. They are investing there time in the wrong places

Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #87
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

In response to some of the Insurance posts in this thread:

If you can't afford the insurance that comes with owning a sportbike, then you can't afford a sportbike. That's the way I see it.

BTW, my Full Coverage Insurance, which includes a $50k Life Insurance policy, cost me about $375/year. It's unfortunate for those of you that are young and responsible to be paying the costs associated with those that are young and stupid.

The same goes for those of us that are responsible riders, and own sportbikes. We suffer the consequences of those sportbike riders that are stupid, and seem to be everywhere we look. Who else should the LEO "profile", if not us?

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 02-20-2008 at 06:51 PM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #88
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
del240z im so glad to see there is someone else on this forum that doesn't have there head up their ... I agree with you 100% I have the up most respect for LEO's (in fact i have a ride along with HPD Friday just for fun). I myself want to be a U.S. Marshal as soon as i graduate from college. The thing that bothers me is when cops are wasting there time on SOAP BOXES instead of doing there job. If that cop would have just stopped me a said, "Hey i see your from out of state, I would like to let you know that your tag isn't legal in Texas and you might want to get that fixed" i would have had no problem. I would have thanked him for the information and been on my way. But instead he wasted time lecturing me and threating me.. Thats one of the reasons that response times are so long for actual emergencies.. They are investing there time in the wrong places
Exactly. I understand what some of these officers go through, myself knowing a couple of them as close friends. But there's always power-tripping azzholes out there who are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

Everyone is always quick to point the finger of blame at the civilians and say "Your fault". But we need to start realizing that there are some officers out there who are giving the good one's a bad name. And I for one, wish to ensure that we start holding these "Bad cops" acountable for their irresponsible way's in dealing with the right's given to them BY US!!!

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #89
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
I have mirrors... and we've already established that my Oklahoma tag is legal in OKLAHOMA
Hmmm every picture of your bike is sans mirrors... so I had to take a guess..

Anyhow Fender Eliminator kits are illegal in most if not all states and yes that includes OK

see

47 O.S. § 12-603 (OSCN 2008)
47 O.S. § 12-204.1 (OSCN 2008)
47 O.S. § 12-609.4

Regardless if your bike is registered in another state or not it has to abide by our TX laws.

Just be glad the LEO let you go and your not facing a court date trying to prove your case/side of the story..
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #90
chris514scott

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
In response to some of the Insurance posts in this thread:

If you can't afford the insurance that comes with owning a sportbike, then you can't afford a sportbike. That's the way I see it.

BTW, my Full Coverage Insurance, which includes a $50k Life Insurance policy, cost me about $375/year. It's unfortunate for those of you that are young and responsible to be paying the costs associated with those that are young and stupid.

The same goes for those of us that are responsible riders, and own sportbikes. We suffer the consequences of those sportbike riders that are stupid, and seem to be everywhere we look. Who else should the LEO "profile", if not us?
No one should be profiled...

Old 02-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #91
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #92
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
No one should be profiled...
Yeah, well.... ok. Be lucky you only got a warning, and you don't have to preach that to the judge. I'm pretty sure his (the Judge) attitude will be something like this :/: That cop did his job... word of mouth has gotten around the sportbike community, so now he can worry less about visiting Crabb for another accident scene for at least a little while... and that was probably all that they wanted to do, thus the Warning only.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:15 PM   #93
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by njay1984 View Post
SLow??? compared to what? Your currnet speed of walking pace?
a. i have an extra bizzike

b. it took you three months to get your back on the road cause you had a dent in your tank.

i rule.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #94
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
If I'm slow, he just leaves his parked.

Wait, his don't run, so it IS parked.
ill pwn you on the kanatuna.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #95
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
tell it to the judge ..cops don't have to know the law either to arrest you...

You know, I honestly dont take alot of merit in this statement. Otherwise, we would be seeing alot more action against "supposed harrasment" by police officials......

Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #96
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
If that cop would have just stopped me a said, "Hey i see your from out of state, I would like to let you know that your tag isn't legal in Texas and you might want to get that fixed" i would have had no problem. I would have thanked him for the information and been on my way.
but you wouldn't have gone home to fix it... but if he wrote you a ticket for it and made you show the judge it was fixed, then he knows you actually listened. with the way so many people are now a days, a cop can't just say fix that and leave and expect it to happen, he is just hoping to make an impact.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #97
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #98
Badzx14r
Banned