MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #61
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
Right Jet. So by your deduction, I could have a tailight go out on my truck on the way to work, then get pulled over by a cop who thinks i've been riding like that for awhile, then get the third degree, and I would be guilty? That about sums it up? yes, but you fix the bulb, go to court and show them you did and you get off.... he will most likely write you a warning for that or maybe just ask you to fix it... will he use that busted taillight as a reason to stop you to see if you have warrants, yes.

Oh, oh, and then wonder why he's being a to me, cause I didnt realize that it burnt out on the way to work. But yet, it would be hard to explain that to the officer because like that happens all the time around houston.

What if a rock had hit the guys liscense plate just right to where it bent it and was obstructed that would have to be a boulder and i would bet would make you wreck before you bent the plate. where is your common sense? ride something other than stock and expect to get hassled for it. if you look responsible then 9 times out of 10 you are ok., but without the rider knowing? Seems highly unlikely, but like that does happen. It's nice to see that your considering all the angles.....
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crabb River Pachuco Events, Meets and Rides 3 03-30-2010 10:14 PM
Crabb River anyone? dudewhrsmybike Events, Meets and Rides 46 06-16-2009 08:28 AM
crabb river road? boss-hog Events, Meets and Rides 23 06-19-2008 06:38 PM
crabb river rd JaYRillo General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-11-2007 04:21 AM
Any of you out towards crabb river today? UrMyStlkAl General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 02-27-2006 10:30 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #62
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Hey I agree, it sucks but it could have been worse. The real problem is the riders that are giving us a bad name and being dangerous on the roads. That is what LUMPS us into the group or bad sports bike riders. I understand what you saying, but the problem is if we are doing something illegal then a cop has all rights to pull us over. I know that my bike might not be 100% legal, as my lic plate could get me a ticket depeneding on the cop and his opinion on obstruction of view. Such is life, he has a job to do and uphold. As I dont agree with profilling, but the ultimate problem is we are LUMPED in a group of bad people just because we ride a sports bike.

J

Right. I can agree with you on that. But I am more mainly concerned with the dickbag, power tripping, azzholes that hide behind a badge.....

I understand that you could have a guy on a 600rr blue and yellow plastics, doing high-chairs down 610, and then burn off from the pigs. Then have a entirely same bike, but different rider, be in the general area, and guess who's gettin pulled over and rodney king'ed? All because of some wannabe terminator muthaphucka out there thinking he's the best LEO since Judge Dredd.......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #63
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Okay lets get the facts out on the table.

The guy has a bent plate, IE against texas Law and could have gotten a ticket for it. Whether he had gone down crabb once twice or millions of times.

J
Not to mention he was rolling down a stretch KNOWN for people busting triple digits, wrecks and fatalities. Common sense tells you that the cops are looking hard at any sportbike down there, just like the Forest. And they don't know, nor care if it is your 1st or 100th trip thru there.

It's kinda like the old days, hanging out at a known street race spot, and then whining about the cops showing up and harassing you.

Then toss in a couple minor infractions and you give the Popo reason to pull you over.

Capital DOH!!!

A couple of us got popped on 359 a while back... we busted a double yellow to get around grandma, then cut a couple corners at a "bit" over the SL. When the Ft. Bend cops showed up, we were respectful and did what they asked, and got off with written warnings. Both bikes were legal, but one had no M endorsement. And we got off scot free.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"

Last edited by texlurch; 02-20-2008 at 05:06 PM.
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #64
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
All because of some wannabe terminator muthaphucka out there thinking he's the best LEO since Judge Dredd.......
ACTUALLY the RR caused the beatdown if it were to happen. no stunts no beatdown, damm the common sense!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #65
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

a triple digit fine is a whole lot of beer money...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #66
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post

Riiight....got a point there.....

happens. Wether it be beyond our control or not. So what you are saying is that, now I am open to profiling or harassment or a vehicle search, all because I have a light bulb go out?

Do I have anything to hide like guns, knives, drugs or bodies from the lawman? Of course not, but I still retain that right to deny a search of my vehicle. But oh, oh, wait. It then gives him a reason to believe that I might be hiding something all because I used my rights as an american. When, if in fact, if I would've been approached by an officer, and he would of said "Hey bro, taillight's out, just lettin ya know", and went on his merry little way, that would very graciously suffice. Plus, how much are bulbs at an auto place? Like maybe $2 if even that........:dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #67
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
ACTUALLY the RR caused the beatdown if it were to happen. no stunts no beatdown, damm the common sense!
Dont you have a wheel-chair bound illegal pregnant mexican mother to push out of, since she's here illegally? :dontknow:

Old 02-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #68
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Not to mention he was rolling down a stretch KNOWN for people busting triple digits, wrecks and fatalities. Common sense tells you that the cops are looking hard at any sportbike down there, just like the Forest. And they don't know, nor care if it is your 1st or 100th trip thru there.

It's kinda like the old days, hanging out at a known street race spot, and then whining about the cops showing up and harassing you.

Then toss in a couple minor infractions and you give the Popo reason to pull you over.

Capital DOH!!!

A couple of us got popped on 359 a while back... we busted a double yellow to get around grandma, then cut a couple corners at a "bit" over the SL. When the Ft. Bend cops showed up, we were respectful and did what they asked, and got off with written warnings. Both bikes were legal, but one had no M endorsement. And we got off scot free.

Whereas, if you would have been right in every sense of the law, there would have been no reason for him to mess with you huh? :dontknow:

Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #69
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Whereas, if you would have been right in every sense of the law, there would have been no reason for him to mess with you huh? :dontknow:
of course you can't see how the profiling worked again, 1 riding dirty!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #70
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
of course you can't see how the profiling worked again, 1 riding dirty!
Depends on how you want to interpret that. When did said riding occur? Before, the officer had to visually look at your liscense (sp), to determine if you were endorsed or not. Now, he can just run your plates and it will tell him everything about you......

Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #71
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
cuz don't u need a texas license after 30 days in state
Not if you have residence in another state
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #72
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Dont you have a wheel-chair bound illegal pregnant mexican mother to push out of, since she's here illegally? :dontknow:
I want to hear more on this story :popcorn:

edit: popcorn still doesn't work
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #73
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Well the problem hits each and everyone of us that ride bikes each day. We as a group have to stand up and say enough is enough and to protect our rights and not to be grouped in such a manner. Is it that we need to band together and form a group for responsibile riders ??? Can we all come to our senses and see that we dont want to be grouped with such irresponsibility ?? I sure would like to see something formed to make it so where we as sports bike riders can be seen in a positive fashion instead of a negative fashion.

The only thing to change this is perception is work towards a common goal

J
I feel ya Jet. Sorta like stuntriding. 's still in the streets, more prominantly than racing, and I feel we wont get it taken as seriously as people would like to be. Got that off of stuntshine state for all you haters....:

But, I feel this has to come from both sides. Not just one. Some people's opinions are different. I like to enjoy nice riding on the street, and stuntin in the lots. 's just alot different now-a-day's with all the new squids thinkin they're the next hayden, or darius on the streets......

Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #74
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #75
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I want to hear more on this story :popcorn:

edit: popcorn still doesn't work
Hahaha....nah. Just relating it to the news story about that officer that pushed a paraplegic out of his wheelchair, cause she thought he wasnt one.....

Old 02-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #76
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
hey wake up...you as an American have no rights to anything when a cop pulls you over...you are guilty and under his or her mercy... and can arrest you for anything on the spot...

Right....WOW!! YOUR SO RIGHT!!!! Kudos to you!!!!

Sorta gives a whole new meaning to "Land of the Free" huh?

Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #77
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 02-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #78
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
that was something our for fathers had and we and our children will never see again... we are nothing but subjects to the state ....don't pay the state for your so called freedom and see were you end up at...ask not what your country can do for you ..but what you can do for your country... i kinda understand that one now...

Exactly, like let them tread all over me because the local government has seen them fit for society as a lawman.......

Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #79
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 02-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #80
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
hey wake up...you as an American have no rights to anything when a cop pulls you over...you are guilty and under his or her mercy... and can arrest you for anything on the spot...
Finally we agree on sumpin....

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement