MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #61
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
What scriptures support that jesus was ?
ooohhhh this will get juicy, this is where I step back and stay out of it. I studied all the religions, and even the different Christians disagree on this.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is a christian? obed The Circus 92 06-18-2013 06:55 AM
READ THIS! (no politics involved) cedestech Off Topic 27 09-15-2012 07:00 PM
Anyone here NOT a Christian? morvegil Off Topic 81 06-08-2009 04:28 PM
WHAT IS POLITICS? FastLine Off Topic 6 10-29-2008 10:04 AM
What is a Christian? Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 160 06-19-2007 06:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #62
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
ooohhhh this will get juicy, this is where I step back and stay out of it. I studied all the religions, and even the different Christians disagree on this.
I think there is many twisting of words when it come to the bible.

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #63
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
I think there is many twisting of words in the bible.
I think both Methodist and Lutheran (which is my denomination) both feel that Jesus, , and the Holy spirit are one in the same. I won't debate whether or not it is wrong as my knowledge of the scripture is weak at best now days. My Pastor showed us where the bible says that, which is not cut dry just like a majority of it, and then he showed us where other denominations get that they are three seperate entities.

BUT, like I said, I can't debate this topic myself without doing all kinds of research.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #64
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
I think both Methodist and Lutheran (which is my denomination) both feel that Jesus, , and the Holy spirit are one in the same. I won't debate whether or not it is wrong as my knowledge of the scripture is weak at best now days. My Pastor showed us where the bible says that, which is not cut dry just like a majority of it, and then he showed us where other denominations get that they are three seperate entities.

BUT, like I said, I can't debate this topic myself without doing all kinds of research.
The trinity?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #65
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
What scriptures support that jesus was ?
is like three entities if that makes sense but still one. It is very over our human brains.

Quote:
So when he comes back to be king of this world are all the leaders of the countrys going to just hand over thier rule?
Not at first but in the end every knee will bow to Christ, you have heard of Armegeddon haven't ya?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #66
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear
Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #67
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
The trinity?
:dontknow: dont remember. I feel worthless now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
It is very over our human brains.
I don't like this response to anything about , while I agree, there is probably things the human mind won't ever comprehend as in why he allows us to suffer, I feel that this comment is just a way of saying I don't know without having to find an answer. You could be right, I don't buy it even as a Christian.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #68
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Then why would the original hebrews spell yhwh and jesus yhswh two distinct differences if they were infact the same entity?

Yes ive heard of Armegedon. I just wanted to stay slightly on topic with the original post in that ALL this effrort goes into storing up riches and securing rulers/leaders just to have it brought to ruin at Armegedon.....

Quote:
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #69
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Then why would the original hebrews spell yhwh and jesus yhswh two distinct differences if they were infact the same entity?

Yes ive heard of Armegedon. I just wanted to stay slightly on topic with the original post in that ALL this effrort goes into storing up riches and securing rulers/leaders just to have it brought to ruin at Armegedon.....
IF I remember correctly, they were his three forms. Jesus was his form on earth as a human walking among humans......ahhhhh chit, I don't remember all of it. I feel like . I'm going home and reading the bible, I'm worthless.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #70
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
The first time He came was to be a sacrafice for our sins. The second time He is coming back as the actual King of this world.

The closest thing I found that I can relate to this is from
Matthew 26:64
Jesus said to him: “You yourself said [it]. Yet I say to YOU men, From henceforth YOU will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
KJV: Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #71
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
IF I remember correctly, they were his three forms. Jesus was his form on earth as a human walking among humans......ahhhhh chit, I don't remember all of it. I feel like . I'm going home and reading the bible, I'm worthless.
There are online tools to help direct you to the different books in the bible.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #72
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Quote:
no worries bro

Quote:
Old 02-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #73
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
There are online tools to help direct you to the different books in the bible.
Quote:
no worries bro
Yea I just don't have time to look. I gotta jet, it is just frustrating when I knew it all at one time, and my lack of dedication to keeping myself up with it makes me not able to discuss it intelligently. Lol, I will get back to you on it. Let me do some research. Its good for me
Old 02-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #74
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Yea I just don't have time to look. I gotta jet, it is just frustrating when I knew it all at one time, and my lack of dedication to keeping myself up with it makes me not able to discuss it intelligently. Lol, I will get back to you on it. Let me do some research. Its good for me
Old 02-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #75
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
:, while I agree, there is probably things the human mind won't ever comprehend as in why he allows us to suffer, I.
I will try to answer that one. I think never wanted us to suffer in the beginning and I don't think we ever would have if Adam and Eve(and us had never sinned) But sin has cause inperfection in the world so that messes up 's plan. He could have made us robots but He gave us freewill instead and our misuse of freewill has caused man to suffer at his own hand. could step in and stop it and sometimes he does but sometimes he lets it play out. Just as we do with our kids sometimes we help them out of a jam and sometimes we let it play out to teach them life.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #76
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

I think one of my favorite quotes from the bible is from Genesis that kind of relates you what you are saying here:
Genesis 5:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
I don't think it messed up His plan at all though because I believe he could easily fix this "problem". Jesus went up to heaven and through down Satan to earth (which I believe is the definition of the current ).
Revelations 12:12 - Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
I agree, Jesus will return.
Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #77
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of : the powers that be are ordained of . 2: Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of : and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3: For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4: For he is the minister of to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of , a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5: Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6: For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are 's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7: Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. 8: Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9: For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10: Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 11: And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12: The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13: Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14: But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #78
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44388

you have bigger issues than religion and politics

sorry had to
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #79
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

you know i believe in but i never brake my head with what is on the bible or what not

i just pray and get it over with, this is a good debate dont take me wrong

but i just see it the simplest way, follow it the way you see it fit

and dont mind the rest, christian or any religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #80
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
you know i believe in but i never brake my head with what is on the bible or what not
i just pray and get it over with, this is a good debate dont take me wrong
but i just see it the simplest way, follow it the way you see it fit
and dont mind the rest, christian or any religion
This is why we have radical christians and muslims, etc. because of what they "see fit". The bible has been interpreted in so many ways that now we have the " hates ***s" organization going to every soldiers funeral and protesting because that is what they "see fit". I already know how you feel about it by that statement above, but that doesn't sit well with me.

Advertisement