MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #41
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_Bills_Kid View Post
the reason why the pilgrims came over here, was because they wanted to be able to worship without the government dictating how they should do it..

it was to protect the christians from the government, not to keep the government un-influenced by christianity.

oh well...lost cause.

if you disagree, take it up with my ATHEIST professor who said that. I made an A in that class dad.
Good job.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is a christian? obed The Circus 92 06-18-2013 06:55 AM
READ THIS! (no politics involved) cedestech Off Topic 27 09-15-2012 07:00 PM
Anyone here NOT a Christian? morvegil Off Topic 81 06-08-2009 04:28 PM
WHAT IS POLITICS? FastLine Off Topic 6 10-29-2008 10:04 AM
What is a Christian? Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 160 06-19-2007 06:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #42
GSXR_Bills_Kid
Miss my fiddy :(

Bike(s):
85 honda expert dirtbike 2005
in the market for one as we speak...thank you irs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Are you sure you are related to bill? How many bikes have you broke?
what in the world does that mean, moody?

and...um how can you discover a country with people already living there? haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
i think i have worms, seriously
GSXR_Bills_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #43
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
You can still pray in schools. Students can even lead other students in group prayer. School faculty can't lead prayer, nor can someone lead a prayer at a school gathering where there is not a choice to participate.
And why cant' a faculty member do that? What if they too are Christian? Why can't they lead a group prayer and the Aethiest just sit it out like they used to? Why can't my football, Basketball, etc teams have a group prayer lead by the coach? It was NEVER mandatory that EVERYONE be involved. So what you said right there is that a Christian Coach/Teacher is not capable of leading a prayer, is that not a right that is taken away from them? My buddy ALWAYS had a choice not to participate. Including thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, and Easter activities. He NEVER had to participate in those festivities. I think the comment about NO CHOICE BUT TO PARTICIPATE is just something you twist to make your side look good, because there is always a choice. If you don't want to include yourself in prayer, put your fingers in your ear and say "la la la la" cuz I guarantee you 95-100% of the students would include themselves in it because they WANTED to.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #44
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
what in the world does that mean, moody?

and...um how can you discover a country with people already living there? haha
Your daddy has been known to send a bike or two off the track and into a couple of pieces. Just curious what your count was up to.
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #45
GSXR_Bills_Kid

Bike(s):

well i haven't broken any of the bikes I've ridden, though I've crashed a few times. Mostly on that fifty.
Quote:
Old 02-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #46
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
And why cant' a faculty member do that? What if they too are Christian? Why can't they lead a group prayer and the Aethiest just sit it out like they used to? Why can't my football, Basketball, etc teams have a group prayer lead by the coach? It was NEVER mandatory that EVERYONE be involved. So what you said right there is that a Christian Coach/Teacher is not capable of leading a prayer, is that not a right that is taken away from them? My buddy ALWAYS had a choice not to participate. Including thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, and Easter activities. He NEVER had to participate in those festivities. I think the comment about NO CHOICE BUT TO PARTICIPATE is just something you twist to make your side look good, because there is always a choice. If you don't want to include yourself in prayer, put your fingers in your ear and say "la la la la" cuz I guarantee you 95-100% of the students would include themselves in it because they WANTED to.

The biggest problem is enforcement and as soon as a kid starts singing la la la, ends up in the office, corporaly punished or expelled you have a legal issue. Been there, done that.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #47
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
well i haven't broken any of the bikes I've ridden, though I've crashed a few times. Mostly on that fifty.
Ah, you are related.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #48
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
The biggest problem is enforcement and as soon as a kid starts singing la la la, ends up in the office, corporaly punished or expelled you have a legal issue. Been there, done that.
I was being sarcastic. Point is, they don't have to listen, and don't have to participate. Never have had to. I do see the point with the pledge of allegiance, but again, my buddy said the whole thing except the line stating . Can't see how he can do it, but the others can't. :dontknow:
Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #49
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

I'm not buying that US law is based on the bible. parts of it, yes. but many great things in the bible are also written elsewhere. I don't want jesus taken out of christmas, or anyone not to be able to pray wherever they choose. I just don't want some monkey claiming he talks to telling the rest of us what he thinks his imaginary friend wants us to do. or any law based on these people's ideas. I'd rather we made laws based on doing the right thing for all of us. remember, religion was started to give power to a few, and the laws they made were to ensure the survival of the species. (hence the "no condoms" rule, more babies). but we have advanced beyond what a lot of religious writing covers. but the basics remain the same, like the big 10. read "deckers' "death views" for more info.
remember folks, there's no proof whatsoever that any of this is true. what happens after we die is speculation, and we won't know for sure until it happens. that's why it's called faith.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #50
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
I was being sarcastic. Point is, they don't have to listen, and don't have to participate. Never have had to. I do see the point with the pledge of allegiance, but again, my buddy said the whole thing except the line stating . Can't see how he can do it, but the others can't. :dontknow:
I understand, I am all for letting people pray or whatever. The real problem is that we are discussing the public education system and itself is the mess not the prayer in school issue.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #51
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
I'm not buying that US law is based on the bible. parts of it, yes. but many great things in the bible are also written elsewhere. I don't want jesus taken out of christmas, or anyone not to be able to pray wherever they choose. I just don't want some monkey claiming he talks to telling the rest of us what he thinks his imaginary friend wants us to do. or any law based on these people's ideas. I'd rather we made laws based on doing the right thing for all of us. remember, religion was started to give power to a few, and the laws they made were to ensure the survival of the species. (hence the "no condoms" rule, more babies). but we have advanced beyond what a lot of religious writing covers. but the basics remain the same, like the big 10. read "deckers' "death views" for more info.
remember folks, there's no proof whatsoever that any of this is true. what happens after we die is speculation, and we won't know for sure until it happens. that's why it's called faith.
Of course not all of it. It is a convoluted mess of a joke today.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #52
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Dang, moody I have only broke one in a Half the other bike was fixable.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #53
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Dang, moody I have only broke one in a Half the other bike was fixable.
Ok Ok, we will let that slide.... right off the track!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #54
paniro187

well first you only follow the laws of the land if they don't conflict with gods law. basically saying if sensless killing became the law of the land would you do it because it's the law of the land?? or if stealing did would you feel justified????

christ didn't take place in politics then why do christians?? christ said he is "no part of the world" so why take part in worldly goverments.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #55
GSXR_Bills_Kid

Bike(s):

well dad...one of your bike blew UP!
Quote:
Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #56
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
well first you only follow the laws of the land if they don't conflict with gods law. basically saying if sensless killing became the law of the land would you do it because it's the law of the land?? or if stealing did would you feel justified????

christ didn't take place in politics then why do christians?? christ said he is "no part of the world" so why take part in worldly goverments.
Nope, both conflict with the law of my religion which comes before the law of the land.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #57
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post

Heck no he didn't mess with politics in this world He was !. His mission was alot more important to mankind than any political . He will come back as a ruler next time though.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #58
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Heck no he didn't mess with politics in this world He was !. His mission was alot more important to mankind than any political . He will come back as a ruler next time though.
Why would he have a need to come back as Ruler next time if he was already ?

what mission is that?

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #59
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
Why would he have a need to come back as Ruler next time if he was already ?

what mission is that?
The first time He came was to be a sacrafice for our sins. The second time He is coming back as the actual King of this world.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #60
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
What scriptures support that jesus was ?

So when he comes back to be king of this world are all the leaders of the countrys going to just hand over thier rule?

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.

Last edited by Cherub; 02-19-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement