MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #21
Cherub
FTP
 
Cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 11,832


Bike(s):
06 Raven R6




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
I think Acts 5:29 conflicts.
How do you "obey as ruler rather than man", if you are voting for a human to rule over you? Do you truly believe that you will not be frustrated at the lack of change that every leader has promised since before i can remember? Can you really say that there has been significant change for the better?
__________________

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is a christian? obed The Circus 92 06-18-2013 06:55 AM
READ THIS! (no politics involved) cedestech Off Topic 27 09-15-2012 07:00 PM
Anyone here NOT a Christian? morvegil Off Topic 81 06-08-2009 04:28 PM
WHAT IS POLITICS? FastLine Off Topic 6 10-29-2008 10:04 AM
What is a Christian? Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 160 06-19-2007 06:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #22
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
If a Christian does not get involved in politics, then their right to be a Christian would soon be gone.
yeah, because those 'Christian' politicians are a dying breed
and why do all the jews, atheists, etc. have rights seeing as how there are probably little to none of them in american politics?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #23
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,487

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
I think Acts 5:29 conflicts.
How do you "obey as ruler rather than man", if you are voting for a human to rule over you? Do you truly believe that you will not be frustrated at the lack of change that every leader has promised since before i can remember? Can you really say that there has been significant change for the better?
I think you are suppose to follow man's law until it conflicts with 's law and if ever man's law did conflict with 's law then there is something terrible wrong with that law or politician. A good example of that is abortion. That is an abomination to . Tho supreme court judges that ruled for that were pure evil.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #24
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02 View Post
yeah, because those 'Christian' politicians are a dying breed
and why do all the jews, atheists, etc. have rights seeing as how there are probably little to none of them in american politics?
Because like I have said in other threads, "The people" don't run this country, the media does. It dictates what the politicians do. The worst thing for a politician's campaign is bad media, and anything to keep the squeaky wheel oiled, they are going to do. The Christians (majority) sit back and don't speak as loud as the minority groups, so if it isn't conflict, it doesn't get attention from the media and it doesn't get attention from politicians.

Media has more power than any ruler in all of the world. Plain and simple. Sad actually.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #25
Cornbread
Cornelius Breadington
 
Cornbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 576

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Huffy









Send a message via AIM to Cornbread Send a message via Yahoo to Cornbread
Atheists don't ask for extra "rights."

They only ask that their right to practice their own form of religion (which happens to be an absence of the supernatural) isn't infringed by others.
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
Atheists don't ask for extra "rights."

They only ask that their right to practice their own form of religion (which happens to be an absence of the supernatural) isn't infringed by others.
All in the eye of the beholder. We don't force them to believe in , Allah, Budha, or any other , but they make us take Christmas out of stores, and all kinds of other things. Funny how minority rules. Back to the Media running this country. One person can speak out loudly, go to the media and if it turns into a major story, some politician is going to make a change to get his/her name in the book.

I think taking away our freedoms, is extra "rights"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #27
Cornbread
Cornelius Breadington
 
Cornbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 576

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Huffy









Send a message via AIM to Cornbread Send a message via Yahoo to Cornbread
Freedoms? What freedoms have non-religious people taken away from you?
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #28
logan5
Senior Member
 
logan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 5,805


Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s









As an Athiest, I'm quite disturbed at how my fellow athiests seem to relish putting down Christians in general. If I expect them to respect my views, I must also respect theirs.... just because some of them don't ... doesn't mean I should treat them with equal disrespect.
__________________
Ben Franklin once told us that “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
"Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt" Herbert Hoover
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
100% incorrect. there shall be no official religion, hence no bible=US.

to make the bible a basis for our country is to undo what the founding fathers' wanted and why we left england in the first place. our laws are already weird enough as it is, we don't need the rule of, say, deuteronomy 13 to make it worse, or say the whole "do not wear a blend of fabric" rule. enough, you can't take a document that old and try and follow it by the letter, it's a path to destruction of society.
how about we read the bible and learn it's lessons, but rule by common sense and rational thought? rule by your mind, not by fear.
You may have missed my point. I did not say US law enforces a single religion. I said US law is based on the Bible. This is not just my opinion it is the Supreme Courts.

First Example:
How do we label our years, months and days?
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #30
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
Freedoms? What freedoms have non-religious people taken away from you?
Wow, this has been beat to death. No prayer in schools? (yes, my school was an example it was not allowed by the time i hit HS) Why not? Just cuz you don't believe in doesn't mean it should be taken away. I had an aethiest in my class, we were friends, didn't bother him, he just didn't participate. Happy Holidays? WTF? Does Christmas really offend you or anyone else? Actually, this is a pointless argument.

And Logan, thank you. While I disagree with Aethiests, I can respect that you not want to be forced to believe, or think what we do. And you have every right not to believe or participate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #31
Cornbread
Cornelius Breadington
 
Cornbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 576

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Huffy









Send a message via AIM to Cornbread Send a message via Yahoo to Cornbread
You can still pray in schools. Students can even lead other students in group prayer. School faculty can't lead prayer, nor can someone lead a prayer at a school gathering where there is not a choice to participate.


As far as days and years go, we label them according to pagan gods.

Friday = Frere day
Saturday = Saturn day

(I can't remember the rest right now)

BC and AD are initials of the Latin words they're translated from. Not Before Christ and After Death.

Last edited by Cornbread; 02-19-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #32
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
We label them according to pagan gods.

Friday = Frere day
Saturday = Saturn day

(I can't remember the rest right now)

BC and AD are initials of the Latin words they're translated from. Not Before Christ and After Death.
After Death? where did that come from?

Anno Domini?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #33
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
You can still pray in schools. Students can even lead other students in group prayer. School faculty can't lead prayer, nor can someone lead a prayer at a school gathering where there is not a choice to participate.


As far as days and years go, we label them according to pagan gods.

Friday = Frere day
Saturday = Saturn day

(I can't remember the rest right now)

BC and AD are initials of the Latin words they're translated from. Not Before Christ and After Death.
Sorry, AD = Anno Domini, translated Year of the Lord or Year of our Lord.

Anno Domini (Medieval Latin: In the year of the/(Our) Lord),[2][3] abbreviated as AD or A.D., is a designation used to number years in the Christian Era, conventionally used with the Julian and Gregorian calendars. More fully, years may be also specified as Anno Domini Nostri Iesu (Jesu) Christi ("In the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ").
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #34
Cornbread
Cornelius Breadington
 
Cornbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 576

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Huffy









Send a message via AIM to Cornbread Send a message via Yahoo to Cornbread
Ah... Okay... I researched it after I openend my fat mouth.

BC does stand for Before Christ and Anno Domini means "year of the lord."

Most scholars were religious in nature, since secular study was seen as blasphemy, so it's only natural that the labels are religious in nature.
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #35
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
You can still pray in schools. Students can even lead other students in group prayer. School faculty can't lead prayer, nor can someone lead a prayer at a school gathering where there is not a choice to participate.


As far as days and years go, we label them according to pagan gods.

Friday = Frere day
Saturday = Saturn day

(I can't remember the rest right now)

BC and AD are initials of the Latin words they're translated from. Not Before Christ and After Death.
If you would like to step up to the plate, a great research path is the Discovery Doctrine, the Old Testament and the US Supreme Court rulings. Have fun and get back to me in a few years.
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #36
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
Ah... Okay... I researched it after I openend my fat mouth.

BC does stand for Before Christ and Anno Domini means "year of the lord."

Most scholars were religious in nature, since secular study was seen as blasphemy, so it's only natural that the labels are religious in nature.
It is ok man. Most of us are victoms of public education.
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #37
GSXR_Bills_Kid
Miss my fiddy :(
 
GSXR_Bills_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 406

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
85 honda expert dirtbike 2005
in the market for one as we speak...thank you irs.





the reason why the pilgrims came over here, was because they wanted to be able to worship without the government dictating how they should do it..

it was to protect the christians from the government, not to keep the government un-influenced by christianity.

oh well...lost cause.

if you disagree, take it up with my ATHEIST professor who said that. I made an A in that class dad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
seriously google is your friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
i think i have worms, seriously
GSXR_Bills_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #38
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









How many here still believe Christopher Columbus discovered America?
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #39
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_Bills_Kid View Post
the reason why the pilgrims came over here, was because they wanted to be able to worship without the government dictating how they should do it..

it was to protect the christians from the government, not to keep the government un-influenced by christianity.

oh well...lost cause.

if you disagree, take it up with my ATHEIST professor who said that. I made an A in that class dad.
Are you sure you are related to bill? How many bikes have you broke?
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #40
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,487

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Wow, this has been beat to death. No prayer in schools? (yes, my school was an example it was not allowed by the time i hit HS) Why not? Just cuz you don't believe in doesn't mean it should be taken away. I had an aethiest in my class, we were friends, didn't bother him, he just didn't participate. Happy Holidays? WTF? Does Christmas really offend you or anyone else? Actually, this is a pointless argument.
Good post Cog Actually the ACLU fights very hard to get rid of any Christian thing they can but miserably are absent when gun rights are threatened to be taken away. Personally, I think we should ship all the alcu members to Iran the taliban and them should get alone just fine.

[quotee]And Logan, thank you. While I disagree with Aethiests, I can respect that you not want to be forced to believe, or think what we do. And you have every right not to believe or participate.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Logan is cool. He would be cooler if he was Christian but heck he ain't dead he's got some more time.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy