MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Let me emphasize something here...

I understand the real from the fake. I understand the freeway squids and a "real" stunter.

I appreciate the skill it takes to stunt (real stunts), and appreciate that I can't do it (I don't try to either).

Mad apologies to those that actually stunt, do it well, or are just learning, but do it in the right place. Just like racing, the streets are not the place to do it.

No disrespect to you guys at all, and certainly didn't mean it in my post in the general forum.

Wanted to throw that out to yall, who I respect as very skillful peeps.

Apologies across the board for any mis-conceptions that may have been thrown out there, it was not what I intended.

Thanks for the PM Joe.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
bob20marleygz9th

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

i TRY to keep it off the streets.. but i dont know any stunters that dont do it on the streets at all.

good write up homie.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):
10 Speed :(

What's stunting if you can't show it off to the soccer moms on the freeway?!?!

Just kidding, People should learn from that 8 people Killed Racing News Story though.
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Nevermind, re-read.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Clayton is a good example of a stunter who can ride..........I appreciate the skill he has stunting as well as on the track.

(never thought I'd say that about Clayton) but he can RIDE!!

But, doing out on the street............ just attracts the wrong kind of attention IMHO
Old 02-20-2008, 01:01 AM   #7
KMFT
WHLS UP

Bike(s):
06 Honda CBR 1000RR

I've deffinitly settled down on the street since I got into the whole stunting thing. I used to think doin stand ups down 290 was just plain pimpin....now I realize that goin 120 and not even havin a brake covered was fkin retarded. I get more thrill out of rockin the f4i in the parkin lot. I cant do alot with it yet, just the simple , but I learna little bit every time I go out, and to me, I think thats the whole point of it. I'll get to where sonny, andrew, clayton, eric, mike, and the rest of them are, but it just takes me a little longer to learn I suppose...
Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
Jordo636
OWNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFT View Post
I've deffinitly settled down on the street since I got into the whole stunting thing. I used to think doin stand ups down 290 was just plain pimpin....now I realize that goin 120 and not even havin a brake covered was fkin retarded. I get more thrill out of rockin the f4i in the parkin lot. I cant do alot with it yet, just the simple , but I learna little bit every time I go out, and to me, I think thats the whole point of it. I'll get to where sonny, andrew, clayton, eric, mike, and the rest of them are, but it just takes me a little longer to learn I suppose...
It's all about seat time... the more often you hit the lot the more you will pick up. Riding with other riders that are better than you will help tremendously.

Eric, Joe, Mike and I have been stunting in parking lots since 2004. All I used to do was stunt on the streets before 2004. If I remember correctly it was just a handful of us in Texas that were stuntriders.
Jordo636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #9
Jordo636
OWNED!

LOL, check this video out... me late 2003 on my old bike, this is back when there were no hand brakes. I did not use the brake at all either.

http://www.stuntgarbage.com/videos/JordoRobstown.wmv

I totaled that bike on the highway a couple months after this.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #10
Jordo636
OWNED!

LOL, check this one out
http://www.stuntgarbage.com/videos/BlinkerUsage.wmv
Old 02-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #11
Jordo636
OWNED!

ROFL, look at this guys

Mike is in here...
http://www.stuntgarbage.com/videos/1012003.wmv
Old 02-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #12
Jordo636
OWNED!

LOL, Right foot in the seat and double rear peg wheelies! FTW
Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #13
Jordo636
OWNED!

This one is actually pretty good... still no hand brake
http://www.stuntgarbage.com/videos/7182004.wmv
Old 02-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #14
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo636 View Post
looks like you may be breaking the speed limit? nice of you to signal though.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #15
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Clayton is a good example of a stunter who can ride..........I appreciate the skill he has stunting as well as on the track.

(never thought I'd say that about Clayton) but he can RIDE!!

But, doing out on the street............ just attracts the wrong kind of attention IMHO
werd
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Haha Jordo that brings back memories. I remember when you scraped your pipe real bad on I 37 then we all pulled off the freeway to that bowling alley parking lot and you just ripped that off. Those were some REALLY LOUD stand ups after that. I also remember you going through traffic on Saratoga doing a standup using your signals and everything. Man, those were fun days.

Did DSR just totally disban?

The only club I have seen in CC is the Cyclone Ryders. They are alright dudes really I just don't like their vest though (they look kind of s&m'ish) .I think I would have opted for a different design.

Anyway I heard Ashlyn hung with you dudes in Houston before she went back to Austin. Said ya'll had fun.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #17
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Mad apologies to those that actually stunt, do it well, or are just learning, but do it in the right place. Just like racing, the streets are not the place to do it.
I think more people are out there trying to road race, and crashing then hurting people and themselves, so there should be more post about these people than people who ride wheelies in the street.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #18
Jordo636
OWNED!

What cracks me up is that back then when I posted those videos everyones wig was split on stuntlife.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #19
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i View Post
I think more people are out there trying to road race, and crashing then hurting people and themselves, so there should be more post about these people than people who ride wheelies in the street.
I agree. I don't remember anyone crashing doing wheelies in our group of wednesday night sunday afternoon rides tearing up the freeways. And there was ALOT of wheelies done. On the otherhand, I was constantly hearing about some newbie young rider eating it on freeway sweeper turns that couldn't handle the turn speed. Cops came cracking down harder about the deaths then they did ever did about wheelies. But we got thrown into the same group and it got to hot(the cops would hound us) to stunt anymore so some took it to the track(me and lorenzo) and others to it to the parking lots(jordo, Mike Jones etc)
Old 02-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #20
Jordo636
OWNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Haha Jordo that brings back memories. I remember when you scraped your pipe real bad on I 37 then we all pulled off the freeway to that bowling alley parking lot and you just ripped that off. Those were some REALLY LOUD stand ups after that. I also remember you going through traffic on Saratoga doing a standup using your signals and everything. Man, those were fun days.

Did DSR just totally disban?

The only club I have seen in CC is the Cyclone Ryders. They are alright dudes really I just don't like their vest though (they look kind of s&m'ish) .I think I would have opted for a different design.

Anyway I heard Ashlyn hung with you dudes in Houston before she went back to Austin. Said ya'll had fun.
Bill, those were the days man...

DSR is still around but kinda underground. Joel and Butler still ride every now and then but rarely.

The cyclone ryders are ok, they actually sent me an email about doing a show for one of their events. I think what they are doing is positive and it makes the CC riders look better when they are giving back to the community.

All we did in DSR was run from cops and people off, LOL

Advertisement