MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #101
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Thats Darius, I beat him
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider Down Grand Parkway cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-15-2015 12:11 PM
peeve: exiting 59 into SL... lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 02-07-2013 12:58 AM
Grand Parkway/99??????? skmart2 Off Topic 8 09-27-2008 12:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #102
Whorenet
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #103
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #104
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #105
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #106
johnpatrick87
Road Scalpel

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Member Garage

Thumbs up

ok. my bad. i didn't mean to call them stunters. freeway wheelies are not even close to the coolness of the lot technical stuff. I can't do anything cool on my bike other than turn and stand. I didn't mean to offend the REAL stunters.
johnpatrick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #107
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Old 02-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #108
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
You've got your responsible riders, your lot stunters, your squids and then you're GB's...a completely different class of idiot. :-)

Sorry GB, but THAT'S funny!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #109
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
You've got your responsible riders, your lot stunters, your squids and then you're GB's...a completely different class of idiot. :-)
Well, at least I am in a class of my own I guess. I can't really argue with this I do do stupid stuff on motorcycles but I have a great time and the best things in life are...dangerous.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #110
albertinhouston

Hey Whorenet,
Can you keep posting so I can see your avatar over and over again!!!! Who cares about the all the whining....
albertinhouston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #111
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Those guys blocking the road and slowing me down would me off just as much as the -munch riding along in the left lane doing 10 under the SL.

Either way they are both inconsiderate asswipes that are imposing their annoying habits on everyone else.

And yes they are both stunters in the eyes of everyone except the riders.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #112
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

I'm only through page 2 of this thread, I'll have to read the rest later.

So EVERYONE can understand here, the time hold up isn't the issue here folks.

It was the fact that some irresponsible idiots took over the highway, in a CONSTRUCTION ZONE, and rode 80-90-100mph wheelies until they hit the next vehicle and did a couple of stoppies (or tried).

Weaving through traffic, trying to block on-ramps and off-ramps, stunting on the freeway in a construction zone, in traffic, come on, how in the can anyone justify that as "OK"?

Stunting is fine, take it off the streets! Just like racing, do it on the track! It's really simple, and when done properly, doesn't make us (as a community) look bad.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #113
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
My right hand is a stunter. It gets on my 1:12 (I think) scale 748 and does a whole bunch of tricks when it is bored. Keeps it occupied and out of my pants...

p.s I have no opinion whatsoever on this thread except the following:
Piddly tricks on the freeway require some degree of skill.
True stunters can successfull accomplish more than one "stunt" with a degree of accuracy and flair unrivaled by "normal" riders.
The general public groups the true stunters with the piddly tricksters.
Can't we just call the piddly stunters "tricksters"?
A crime is a crime. Committing one and getting caught differentiates it in most peoples mind.
We are all criminals; just because you haven't been caught for something doesn't make you "squeaky" clean.
Moral of story, think before you act. If your actions affect other people in a negative manner then it probably isn't a wise decision....however see above.
Everything is relative!

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #114
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
who's more of an ?

answer=the fucxkin illegals

the guys pulling wheelies pay taxes(and according to the fedral highways and transportation act) that makes them as entitled to be on that roadway as anyone in a car as long as they have their registration up to date....
They also have to be compliant of the Texas Transportation code. Riding a motorcycle on one wheel and blocking traffic is 2 violations right there.

The illegals not having DL's or insurance are also violating 2 traffic codes.

I'd take both to jail and be more at the guy on 2 wheels.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #115
albertinhouston

I thought about this a bit. The real difference in the opinions is the age of the two sides. Even though you don't want to admit it, it happens. The older you get the less likely you are to do stuff like this. Face it, you are turning into your dad. Think back when you were in your teens or early 20's and some old person said to stop doing something because your gonna get hurt. You are that person now. And thats fine thats the cycle called "life". Get over it.

Just because some one can do a stunt doesn't make them a stunter. I can do a back flip It does not make me a gymnist. I think it's the same thing as far as the stunting goes.
albertinhouston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #116
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

[QUOTE=albertinhouston;1027371]I thought about this a bit. The real difference in the opinions is the age of the two sides. Even though you don't want to admit it, it happens. The older you get the less likely you are to do stuff like this. Face it, you are turning into your dad. Think back when you were in your teens or early 20's and some old person said to stop doing something because your gonna get hurt. You are that person now. And thats fine thats the cycle called "life". Get over it.[/qiuote]

Good post. What was bad is that I did that stuff in my late 30's. Oh well guess I refused to grow up for a while. Matter of fact, still haven't trouble with it.

Quote:
Just because some one can do a stunt doesn't make them a stunter. I can do a back flip It does not make me a gymnist. I think it's the same thing as far as the stunting goes.
I think it makes you a backfipperer.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #117
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
I thought about this a bit. The real difference in the opinions is the age of the two sides. Even though you don't want to admit it, it happens. The older you get the less likely you are to do stuff like this. Face it, you are turning into your dad. Think back when you were in your teens or early 20's and some old person said to stop doing something because your gonna get hurt. You are that person now. And thats fine thats the cycle called "life". Get over it.
I couldn't care less about the rider's who are dumb enough to do it- their life is not the issue here. It's the other people who could be hurt or killed because of it.

You "get over it".
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #118
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I guess what he is saying Tom is that no matter what it is going to happen. New riders to the sport saw someone else do it or on the net and they thought it looked cool and fun so they do it. It doesn't matter if it is looked down on by some peeps of the sportbike community because the dudes they ride with like it. It doesn't even matter if the cops don't like because they know they can get away by running. So they are going to do it till they get busted, sick of it, injured, killed or whatever. The guy is just saying it is going to happen and keep happening as long as young people get sportbikes. And I think he is right.

Heck I was 37 or 38 when I got my first sportbike and went to A&W(where everbody met ) I think it was and rode with a bunch of people that did it on the freeway . I thought it was coolest thing ever so much so that I praticed all the time until I could do it. Then I did it with em and loved it. Could I have died? Sure. Did I care not at the time I was in fro the rush. Do I do it anymore naw I grew out of it and found the track to scatch my danger itch. off the cagers was some of the fun it. I know its bad now but then it was fun. Also alot of these kids can't afford the track (tried to be a good influence and talk them into. But heck they barely make their bike pymt. so this is there rush.

I hope you don't think less of me I am just being honest.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #119
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I guess what he is saying Tom is that no matter what it is going to happen.
Doesn't excuse anyone from doing it. This is the same logic I used to try to use with my parents when I wanted to get away with something. It is flawed, and it's wrong to think that makes it acceptable.

You've got all these people complaining about riding in the rain at a track day "because we might crash", yet it's perfectly OK for something like this to happen because these kids can't afford a track day or their payments?

If you can't afford your payments, you definitely don't need to be riding a bike; well, a bicycle maybe...

Quote:
Then I did it with em and loved it. Could I have died? Sure. Did I care not at the time I was in fro the rush.
Not the point here, and I think some folks keep dodging it. It is NOT the life of the offender that matters here. If you don't think that other people are killed or injured by stupid stunts like this, think again. There so much that goes on outside of people's little worlds. People make such a big thing about when someone they know or are associated with die on a motorcycle, not realizing that 10 others in the area met the same fate on a bike (fictitious number for effect). Not everything makes the 10 o'clock news. It's the other people who matter.

Quote:
I hope you don't think less of me I am just being honest.
Dude, I'm not the one to do something like that. I don't make judgments on folks based on their internet opinions (or in-person opinion), I try not to judge people at all. I will give people a certain amount of room though...
Old 02-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #120
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
You'll see more of this as the riding season cranks up. Thankfully no one crashed.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement