MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 AM   #21
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

I owe taxes ... and that's on top of the fact that I pay extra every paycheck, have a mortgage and a child. Taxes suck. I hate the fact that probably 50% of my taxes goes to paying someone else's lazy .
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with tax return Nonsense Off Topic 59 04-16-2015 12:01 AM
Paying a State tax and Local municipal tax WTF bluewave18 Off Topic 16 08-24-2012 10:40 AM
Free E-File Tax Return Preparation NoFear Off Topic 38 01-25-2008 02:44 PM
Income Tax return cashtown Off Topic 95 01-24-2008 11:00 PM
Tax Return Projects? Somebody1010 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-22-2007 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #22
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
I owe taxes ... and that's on top of the fact that I pay extra every paycheck, have a mortgage and a child. Taxes suck. I hate the fact that probably 50% of my taxes goes to paying someone else's lazy .
Fckn A.
Hate thos lazy, welfare eating SOB's..

Matter of fact, I was at Krogers the other night picking up a few things and this black guys is just braggin about how he is on welfare and makes money on the side with a company that pays him cash...GAwd it took every ounce of me not Beat the out of him..and take his LONESTAR card away..lol..

fawking puc's....
Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #23
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I got $8.

Guess I get the prize for best taxpayer.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #24
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-SPARTAN View Post
Fckn A.
Hate thos lazy, welfare eating SOB's..

Matter of fact, I was at Krogers the other night picking up a few things and this black guys is just braggin about how he is on welfare and makes money on the side with a company that pays him cash...GAwd it took every ounce of me not Beat the out of him..and take his LONESTAR card away..lol..

fawking puc's....
Got to love the "the Gubmen owz me chedda" mentality.
melissa claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #25
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #26
logan5

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

don't get me wrong ... I agree that there needs to be some sort of safety net for those falling on hard times out side of their control ... but it's the habitual offenders and the welfare lifers that are sucking the living soul out of this country.

Institutionalized altruism by the federal government will kill the middle class and stymie all motivation for upward mobility.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #27
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #28
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
don't get me wrong ... I agree that there needs to be some sort of safety net for those falling on hard times out side of their control ... but it's the habitual offenders and the welfare lifers that are sucking the living soul out of this country.

Institutionalized altruism by the federal government will kill the middle class and stymie all motivation for upward mobility.
There is no such thing as motivation for upward mobility in this country anymore.
We should rename our generation the "get by" generation.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #29
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 02-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #30
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
your face should get by a generation!
I so dont get that. :/:
Old 02-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #31
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
I so dont get that. :/:
haha, Tom is a rare kind, you will come to understand that you will never understand him. He's alright once you learn to just smile and nod.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #32
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Don't pay in and make an offer in compromise. Your taxes will go down significantly.
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #33
Jay SWAT
Keep it Rockin

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr, 86 GSXR1100, 92 GSXR600

I payed over 13,000 in income tax this year and i only got a thousand back. And the only reason i got that back was b/c i was a first time home buyer.

Anyone have a kid i can claim cuz my baby momma won't let me claim mine?
Old 02-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #34
Mr. Sparkles

Bike(s):
03 GSX-R 600

Just came in to 2nd the "Aren't you glad you don't owe?" comments.

One year my return was a whopping $4. I couldn't even pay the $5 that it requires to file electronically. Didn't get any extra bills paid that year that's for sure.
Mr. Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #35
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:

This does not exist. I lost my job in Nov '06... by Jan-Feb I had depleted savings (about 3 months in the bank) and applied for assistance, plus I started going to college. Because I had 401k, stock, and a car newer than 2 years old I was told sell everything I have and live off that first, THEN you can get help. WTF? I had $6 in the bank and couldn't get . My kids couldn't even get Medicaid, because of my investments- So I say FUKK 'em. I don't need 'em. I was going to go back to work, but my Weenie said he'd cover my expenses while I'm in school and my daddy pays my tuition (though I won two scholarships this time that more than covered it).

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #36
melissa claire
hardy har har

Bike(s):
a honda and a suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
This does not exist. I lost my job in Nov '06... by Jan-Feb I had depleted savings (about 3 months in the bank) and applied for assistance, plus I started going to college. Because I had 401k, stock, and a car newer than 2 years old I was told sell everything I have and live off that first, THEN you can get help. WTF? I had $6 in the bank and couldn't get . My kids couldn't even get Medicaid, because of my investments- So I say FUKK 'em. I don't need 'em. I was going to go back to work, but my Weenie said he'd cover my expenses while I'm in school and my daddy pays my tuition (though I won two scholarships this time that more than covered it).
I am glad to see that you found a way out. Goes to show you how the "cookie cutter" policies just wont work anymore.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #37
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
I am glad to see that you found a way out. Goes to show you how the "cookie cutter" policies just wont work anymore.
You have to be a non-productive member of society to get assistance and I'm not willing to do that. Syvanna's disability attorney actually told me to sell my car (which is paid for) and buy something old worth about $4k! I told him where to stick that!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #38
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
This is the first year I have actually owed!!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #39
gem
o_O

Send a message via AIM to gem
we can't even file our taxes because his ex boss won't give him his w2! i read an article that said don't assume your old employer has a personal vendetta for not giving you the original or a copy of your w2. .... we've left 3 messages, and about 10 or so emails with how to get it to us and he's only responded to 1 email in request to his tax id # stating to give him a day or two because he didn't know which number he'd provide us with, he never got back to us. i even had an accounting friend helping me with our taxes call to request it stating he was preparing our taxes and couldn't finish them with out that and his ex boss still hasn't responded!!! i finally called him again this morning and surprise surprise i got his vm YET AGAIN and told him how to get the w2 to us and that i'd be contacting the IRS tomorrow morning if we didn't hear back from him. i don't know what else to do! tell me that this isn't about a grudge that he has against us... i get that you'll have the IRS on your with fines and stuff if you don't comply, but i don't think he cares about that!

Attention for Rent: PM for a free quote.
Ask about the Emerald Club to see if you qualify for membership today!

gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #40
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Not that I'm a tax advisor, but I do play one on TV...

Your goal should be to break even when doing your taxes... not to get back more money.... If you are getting back thousands of dollars.... you're getting screwed! If you were to get that money throughout the year in your paycheck, you could be investing it (and making money off of it via interest and dividends) instead of letting the government invest it and they make the money off of it throughout the year.

The problem is for the most part, MOST people will not invest it, they'll go buy more junk throughout the year and not have anything to show for it at the end of the year...

I get if I get more than two hundred bucks back... means I didn't plan appropriately that year...

Be happy you only got back that much...

Advertisement