Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #41
Milez28
Blue Blur
 
Milez28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Workin
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 522


Bike(s):
954









when is someone ready for a fast bike?






when they have been saved.
Milez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
go fast vs life of bike Yillbs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-30-2011 05:51 PM
any1 wants 2 buy a fast bike pimp2303 General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 07-03-2008 06:57 AM
Which bike is fast? R1houston General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 04-27-2008 09:18 AM
One Fast Bike!!!! ufo34 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 12-09-2005 02:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #42
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.
 
NorthHoustonGSXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kingwood Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,993


Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)







Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGixxer View Post
dont let racerx see this, cuz he will have a field day with this thread lol
he's lurking here somewhere
__________________

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #43
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I say when you can ride a 600RR to its full potential then get a 1k.
Then only about 3-4 folks on this bbs could ever get a 1000 then by that logic.

Here is the main reason I see most folks buying a liter bike (if the truth was spoken by them): "So I can keep up with my buddies on the straight away".

I can never, ever see a good reason to have a liter bike on the street, it's the absolute definition of overkill. It's like daily driving a Bugatti v-12 quad turbo.

You'll never use the potential of a middleweight (600) on the street, let alone a liter bike.

In the wrong hands, without proper training or previous experience, the 1000 can be a killer (as can the 600). People who "started" on a liter bike were lucky, pure and simple.

If you get a liter bike, get it because you want one, but there is no good reason to have one other than the fact that you simply just "want" one.

Put in some more time on your cruiser, at least a year. Don't be so impatient, these bikes will always be around.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #44
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



That is exactly my point! VERY few will ever ride a 600 to its potential on the track let alone the street!

No one NEEDS a 1k! It is all about wanting a 1k!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #45
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker
 
pigpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 375


Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R









That's not a lot of time or miles on your bike. I'd keep riding the cruiser or go for a small sportbike.

BTW, we don't need 1k or bigger bikes, but then again, we don't need 600's either. Most have other transportation and don't need a bike at all. It's all about what we want.
__________________
IMG 0160 1

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #46
wlgorman
Senior Member
 
wlgorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri City, TX/Angleton, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,025


Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR









Ive got an 06 CBR600RR if you're interested in looking/talking
__________________
'06 CBR600RR (Red)

defeat
wlgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #47
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









If the answer isn't because you like the midrange torque on the street then forget about it. This is the only legit reason I could ever imagine.
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #48
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!
 
Psych0ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,652


Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only









I think everyone should start on a Ninja 250 (maybe a 500) for a year before they get up to the super bikes


but my opinion does not count do what you feel comfortable with homie
__________________
I know Jimmy who got passed by Candie who knows Gary who knows Tony who knows Bubby who knows April who knows Ralph who lapped Candie who still passed Jimmy but the point is CANDIE IS FAHST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #49
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member
 
nuclearalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: san jose, ca
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 959


Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!









Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlgorman View Post
Ive got an 06 CBR600RR if you're interested in looking/talking
I am but not immediately. I decided to be patient and take time selling my bike first. Then, hopefully with cash in hand, i will be able to get me a nice 600 or so.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I agree with the fact that 1000cc is unnecessarily fast. I also agree that the bikes aren't a necessity in general.
__________________
I got a bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nuclearalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #50
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
That's not a lot of time or miles on your bike. I'd keep riding the cruiser or go for a small sportbike.

BTW, we don't need 1k or bigger bikes, but then again, we don't need 600's either. Most have other transportation and don't need a bike at all. It's all about what we want.
Well speak for yourself! I need a bike otherwise I would look silly running around the track! Ha ha ha!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #51
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Well speak for yourself! I need a bike otherwise I would look silly running around the track! Ha ha ha!
Oh no... you would not look silly.

Good thing you're married, or the comments about watching women around the track could get smutty!
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #52
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,329

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Then only about 3-4 folks on this bbs could ever get a 1000 then by that logic.

Here is the main reason I see most folks buying a liter bike (if the truth was spoken by them): "So I can keep up with my buddies on the straight away".

I can never, ever see a good reason to have a liter bike on the street, it's the absolute definition of overkill. It's like daily driving a Bugatti v-12 quad turbo.

You'll never use the potential of a middleweight (600) on the street, let alone a liter bike.

In the wrong hands, without proper training or previous experience, the 1000 can be a killer (as can the 600). People who "started" on a liter bike were lucky, pure and simple.

If you get a liter bike, get it because you want one, but there is no good reason to have one other than the fact that you simply just "want" one.

Put in some more time on your cruiser, at least a year. Don't be so impatient, these bikes will always be around.
heeey for the last three months ive been riding a 1000rr on the streets. do i use its full potential NO but it is nice to have the power on tap when your just cruisin down the freeway.

so my next is gonna be a 750 just because its in the middle
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #53
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
heeey for the last three months ive been riding a 1000rr on the streets. do i use its full potential NO but it is nice to have the power on tap when your just cruisin down the freeway.

so my next is gonna be a 750 just because its in the middle
First, you're one of those very few out there that could use the potential and does use the potential of the 600.

But, why do you have it? Because you want it, not for any other reason, right? Besides, you can't argue that a 600 isn't just as potent cruisin' the freeway.

Your argument doesn't count Numero Uno Romeo!
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #54
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Then only about 3-4 folks on this bbs could ever get a 1000 then by that logic.

Here is the main reason I see most folks buying a liter bike (if the truth was spoken by them): "So I can keep up with my buddies on the straight away".

I can never, ever see a good reason to have a liter bike on the street, it's the absolute definition of overkill. It's like daily driving a Bugatti v-12 quad turbo.

You'll never use the potential of a middleweight (600) on the street, let alone a liter bike.

In the wrong hands, without proper training or previous experience, the 1000 can be a killer (as can the 600). People who "started" on a liter bike were lucky, pure and simple.

If you get a liter bike, get it because you want one, but there is no good reason to have one other than the fact that you simply just "want" one.

Put in some more time on your cruiser, at least a year. Don't be so impatient, these bikes will always be around.
All of mine are liter bikes........I really disliked BOTH 600's I've had....but I was also told I was lazy THAT's why I like the liter bikes. And that is correct :/:
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #55
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker
 
pigpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 375


Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Well speak for yourself! I need a bike otherwise I would look silly running around the track! Ha ha ha!
That's a great mental image... RUN CANDIE!!! RUUUUN!!!
__________________
IMG 0160 1

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #56
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
TBH, and this is coming from a dude w a busa....

600s are the chit.... sorry for all who will disagree....

and the new 1000s are power houses for anyone who's got a hard on and wants to get it up
__________________
triumphsig
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 AM   #57
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,335

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


this guy cracks me up.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/571923666.html

"ATTENTION: this bike is not for beginners. I bought this as my first bike and was in over my head. There is way too much power, I almost ran into a curb the first time I rode it home. The second time I rode it, the rear tire spun underneath me on a corner and the bike fell on the left side. There are minor scrapes on the left fairing but it’s not noticeable from 5 feet away. The third time I rode it, I accidentally released the clutch improperly and the bike did a wheelie in second gear. Luckily, I was able to catch it before it fell back on me. Again, this bike is not for beginners. I would recommend ridden at least a month before you even consider buying the bike. I am selling the bike to get a something more suitable for my skill level such as a GSX600 or possibly an R6. If you have one and would like to trade + cash, let me know.

The bike currently has 7645 miles on it. I bought it with 7632 miles and have ridden it less than 20 miles.

It is blue and white and pretty much stock except for the scrapes on the right side. I was going to mod it for more power but I will save that for modding the 600 when I buy it. I have pictures that I can send by request.





Location: Sugarland "
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #58
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,329

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
First, you're one of those very few out there that could use the potential and does use the potential of the 600.

But, why do you have it? Because you want it, not for any other reason, right? Besides, you can't argue that a 600 isn't just as potent cruisin' the freeway.

Your argument doesn't count Numero Uno Romeo!
why do i have it? i ride what ever fast strret bike i can get my hands on.
gots to admit my o4 600 was fun as when i turned it back into a street bike.

but seriously i think the majority of reasons why people crash is because of tires. if your a noob and you have just reguler old plain jane sportbike tires that are hard as rocks, you'll either hit the brakes to hard and crash or wack on the gas spin the back tire and then crash and al that on a little 600.

i think if you have sticky tires people will fair a little better on the big bikes

sticky tires ftmfw
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #59
Rawrie
The Mercenary
 
Rawrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pasadena
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 992


Bike(s):
07 Ninja 650r/ 07 Yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
this guy cracks me up.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/571923666.html

"ATTENTION: this bike is not for beginners. I bought this as my first bike and was in over my head. There is way too much power, I almost ran into a curb the first time I rode it home. The second time I rode it, the rear tire spun underneath me on a corner and the bike fell on the left side. There are minor scrapes on the left fairing but itís not noticeable from 5 feet away. The third time I rode it, I accidentally released the clutch improperly and the bike did a wheelie in second gear. Luckily, I was able to catch it before it fell back on me. Again, this bike is not for beginners. I would recommend ridden at least a month before you even consider buying the bike. I am selling the bike to get a something more suitable for my skill level such as a GSX600 or possibly an R6. If you have one and would like to trade + cash, let me know.

The bike currently has 7645 miles on it. I bought it with 7632 miles and have ridden it less than 20 miles.

It is blue and white and pretty much stock except for the scrapes on the right side. I was going to mod it for more power but I will save that for modding the 600 when I buy it. I have pictures that I can send by request.





Location: Sugarland "

haha stock except for the scrapes. What a badass mod.
Rawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #60
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas
 
Pyrogenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NW Houston-Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 908

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1




Member Garage


I think a racing bike is good for the track - not for the slow street. Heck - the riding position can't possibly be comfortable for most riding - pressure on the hands, crunched up legs - it's a tool for the track and that's it.

I'd stick with a more comfortable bike for everyday riding....

Keep the shadow - buy a track bike if you're going to the track....

IMHO
__________________
Pyrogenic

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy