MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

TRE / Top Speed Eliminator

Any suggestions on a unit to eliminate the top speed restriction on an '07 ZX10? I'm goin' to the TEXASMILE soon, no point in going if I'm gonna get stuck at 186 indicated.

And do any of the units adjust the timing/mapping so the first few gears are the same as the top gears?

Chime in Patrick...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
-1 +5 top speed? waynes-no-sqid How To's and Q & A's 19 12-04-2014 03:07 AM
Revisited by Top Speed BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-22-2009 01:22 PM
Top Speed of Bugatti Veyron, top gear vid RACER X Off Topic 15 02-11-2007 07:30 PM
top speed run and high speed wheelies. CBR 1000 CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-19-2005 10:29 AM
top registered speed CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 63 06-23-2005 10:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2008, 01:46 AM   #2
liberator14

Feedback Rating: (0)

yellow box for speed limiter and a tre for the timing. motorcycle unlimited can hook you up. maybe not the same brands, but they should have something that will work. as for the texas mile you will need a dead man switch. (kill switch)
liberator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

+1 on the kill switch and you will nead a dot and snell too i think , helmet, pluse full leathers and gloves ex.

the tre i hae one on my busa and well i dont need it i will never go that fast anyway but it adjusts the timeing so the bike thinks it in 5th gear all the time , its unrestrickted and the timing is reset!

get a good one some are smart so the bike does not use the fifth gear fuel map , it is set up to have a diff map some how and a idle speeds has a diff map , not sure how they do it but yes patrick can hook you up!

ask him about the smart tre!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:49 AM   #4
__NATE__

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Any suggestions on a unit to eliminate the top speed restriction on an '07 ZX10? I'm goin' to the TEXASMILE soon, no point in going if I'm gonna get stuck at 186 indicated.

And do any of the units adjust the timing/mapping so the first few gears are the same as the top gears?

Chime in Patrick...
What gearing ya going to bring ??

PLZ dont take this the wrong way I am just going off what I saw acouple years ago in OCt of 06 If your bike is stock ya wont need the tre 2 guys camping next to us 1 had a zx10 and the other a zx14 and they coulden't break further than 1 178 , 179 and one guy was like MABE 105 pounds. super skinny they ran and ran and ran they said they would have been super happy with just 180 but the 2 days we were there it dident happen ... .

IF you go to the texas mile web site at www.texasmile.com and DL the top speed OCT 06 full results and look at the List number 65 and 66 racers thats them and that was the best times they did in the 2 days they were there ... The only mods they had were like pipe powercommander and straped and were changing their gearing ....

Good luck and see you there .
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by __NATE__ View Post
What gearing ya going to bring ??

PLZ dont take this the wrong way I am just going off what I saw acouple years ago in OCt of 06 If your bike is stock ya wont need the tre 2 guys camping next to us 1 had a zx10 and the other a zx14 and they coulden't break further than 1 178 , 179 and one guy was like MABE 105 pounds. super skinny they ran and ran and ran they said they would have been super happy with just 180 but the 2 days we were there it dident happen ... .

IF you go to the texas mile web site at www.texasmile.com and DL the top speed OCT 06 full results and look at the List number 65 and 66 racers thats them and that was the best times they did in the 2 days they were there ... The only mods they had were like pipe powercommander and straped and were changing their gearing ....

Good luck and see you there .

+1. I don't think they'll bust through the limited speed.

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

www.boostbysmith.com

Talk to Greg, he will mod your GPS sensor to bypass the limiter yet gears 1-5 will remain the same as stock.(the mapping anyway).

When I had a TRE on my 1000, it brought the rev limiter in 400 rpms earlier in each gear... It was an auto TRE from JSD products.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Several different models out there; I went w the GiPro since I wanted a gear indicator as well.

You can also remove the lockout sensor if you wanted to keep the complete stock timing but it would require removing the clutch basket to get to the sixth gear lock out sensor.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
PLZ dont take this the wrong way... If your bike is stock ya wont need the tre. 2 guys camping next to us 1 had a zx10 and the other a zx14 and they couldn't break 178 , 179 and one guy was like MAYBE 105 pounds. super skinny they ran and ran and ran they said they would have been super happy with just 180 but the 2 days we were there it dident happen... Good luck and see you there.
If the bike shuts off at 186 INDICATED, thats praly only about 165, 170 tops, right? I would think the bike is capable of a little more than that.

With stock gearing, do you think I could even get up to 186 indicated in a mile? I'm in the low 140's in the quarter at the bottom of 4th gear.

Thanks for the advice doods!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
uhh....there is no top speed limiter on the zx-10r. it's limited to 186mph because of gearing. there is nothing electronic keeping you away from bumping the rev limiter in 6th.

and one more bit of fyi, the fastest normally aspirated sub-1000cc motorcycle ever to go through the mile is a zx-10r. done by ace performance last year at maxton. i want to say they hit 202mph.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

That ZX10 had lots of motor work.I saw it for sale
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
__NATE__

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
uhh....there is no top speed limiter on the zx-10r. it's limited to 186mph because of gearing. there is nothing electronic keeping you away from bumping the rev limiter in 6th.

and one more bit of fyi, the fastest normally aspirated sub-1000cc motorcycle ever to go through the mile is a zx-10r. done by ace performance last year at maxton. i want to say they hit 202mph.
YEAH a zx 10 with all this if you dont belive me go look for your self....
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/...?topic=83549.0
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/...?topic=83539.0

Iceman / deezuhl Ace Performance Zx-10R breaks records at Maxton!!

the combo on my 10 is..

ported head
thin gasket
kawi cam
race ecu
custom valve springs
stock pistons
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
YEAH a zx 10 with all this if you dont belive me go look for your self....
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/...?topic=83549.0
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/...?topic=83539.0

Iceman / deezuhl Ace Performance Zx-10R breaks records at Maxton!!

the combo on my 10 is..

ported head
thin gasket
kawi cam
race ecu
custom valve springs
stock pistons
yes, i know what was done to the bike, but still, it's a zx-10r isn't it? i never said it was a stock zx-10r that did it.

and just an fyi, he goes much more into depth as to what was done on www.zx-10r.net
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement