MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Waerloga

Member Garage

So my MSF is tomorrow and...

... I have no idea what I'm supposed to do about gloves. Awesome Cycles say that garned gloves are OK but what do I really want to bring.

And those denim pants? Are jeans fine?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting MSF course tomorrow FZ6R_WRX General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 06-18-2014 11:38 PM
Any one taking their MSf tomorrow and Monday? evobusa7 New Riders and MSF Course Info 1 11-23-2013 10:35 AM
Ride tomorrow.. Off tomorrow Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 44 08-14-2012 06:47 AM
Need msf course tomorrow...where to go? Supa Dave General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 04-16-2012 09:23 AM
can anyone say MSF? pester Off Topic 3 12-07-2007 06:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
procrastinate much...any local mc shop should have what you need....the basics
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waerloga View Post
... I have no idea what I'm supposed to do about gloves. Awesome Cycles say that garned gloves are OK but what do I really want to bring.

for the msf....whatever is comfortable and meets their requirments. You will be riding slowly and while you do need protective gear it does not have to be super protective.

any gloves that will help save your hands from a quick burn or a little road rash will do. If the gloves have a little natural curve to them that is a bonus. Garden gloves are fine.

you will be wearing the gear for a lengthy period of time so make sure it is/ you feel comfortable.

jeans are fine
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Awesome cycles provided gloves also.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

I did mine at Awesome Cycles last may. Best bet is to borrow some gloves from a friend. If you don't have a friend go to WalMart and buy cheap garden gloves or even Mechanics Gloves would be fine. Jeans is fine. Have to wear a long sleeves or a jacket for sure. Boots of some sort, no sneakers, whatever you wear must support your ankles. Helmets they have there if you dont have one to borrow. Be sure and let the instructor when you get there you wanna ride the ninja, they only have 4 sportbikes (250 ninjas, which means 2 per class) So ask early unless you wanna be riding a cruiser/sportster. they do have a badass lil enduro tho too. lol
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
Awesome cycles provided gloves also.
ya but if i recall they ask you to bring your own cause they only have a few pairs. not enough for everyone
Old 02-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
Waerloga

Member Garage

Ok... and I'm excited...

I got a fresh paycheck to spend either on work equipment (ahem laptop that is overdue) or grear.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Laptop won't keep you from needing a skin graph.

Gear - Ride the bike
Laptop - Wait for the gear
Old 02-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
Waerloga

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
Laptop won't keep you from needing a skin graph.

Gear - Ride the bike
Laptop - Wait for the gear
Well uhh I dont have a bike either ....
Old 02-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

+1. And dunno where you be buying gear but when i started riding. I got fully suited with helmet for 450. If you buy a laptop for 450 its a hunk of . Just buy the gear. It shouldnt be an option honestly.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
Waerloga

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanworrell View Post
+1. And dunno where you be buying gear but when i started riding. I got fully suited with helmet for 450. If you buy a laptop for 450 its a hunk of . Just buy the gear. It shouldnt be an option honestly.
Ok then I need to change my estimate.

And it's here http://redstarredux.com/index.php?page=progress

How much is a used ninja average?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #12
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

I've got an AWESOME helmet for sale in the "FOR SALE" section if you're interested.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #13
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Go to Cycle Gear. You can get adecent helmet for a bit over $100 bucks (Now I wear a rf1000 from shoei just cause its comfy but they are a bit more $$$). Frank Thomas gear. Nothing wrong with it, great gear for really cheap, anyone who says otherwise is a dumba$$. I own nylon and leathers of both pants and jacket. the nylon pants where 30 bucks and they waterproof, jacket slightly over 100 (leathers were 250 for jacket, 150 for pants). Average cost on gloves is 40-50 bux. Boots depending on what you like anywhere from 60+. Honestly you could get out fully geared for less than what I paid.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #14
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Enough: Teknic Freestyle Boot Now Only $67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waerloga View Post

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/boots/

Teknic Freestyle Boot Now Only $67 This style of boot is popular since it works great for riding and also for everyday use. These boots are a current model, but they are part of a "spring special" so we are taking advantage of that sale and offering them to you at a special price. We only have about 50 pair at present, but we may be able to get more if they move quickly (which I think they will). Use the drop down menu on the product page to view available sizes.
This boot offers traditional hiking boot styling with a few features included for motorcycling. The boots have a instep strap that holds the boot securely on your feet and will also keep the laces tied down and out of any moving parts. There is a small bit of firm plastic material in the inside and outside ankle area. The toe box, sole and heel areas are reinforced to hold up to shifting and riding on pegs. The interior of the boot is lined with nylon mesh type material and is generously padded.

MSRP $99.95, Now $67
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
Angamico
Range Target

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
YZF600R
TigerEX1200

Everything you need to know is here

Garden gloves are OK for the class. It will be raining on Saturday, so you might want to pick something up that is a little more durable and less likely to turn your hands into prunes. Long sleeve shirt. Rain gear, too, if you have it. Jeans are good (for the range). Sturdy, over the ankle boots. Eye protection (sunglasses). If you wear one of our helmets, the full face has a face shield. See the site for details.

I'll be there, too. Should be fun.

-D3
Angamico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #16
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

New Enough: Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 Jacket Now $89 with Free Shipping

Did someone say Gear ???

http://www.extremebusa.com/extreme/s...ead.php?t=9119

Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 Jacket Now $89 with Free Shipping OK, I'll be the first to admit that some of our closeouts offerings are a bit off-the-wall, but every now and then we score a great deal on a closeout product that just about any rider would want. Here is a great deal in a "tried and true" design which has been steadily improved over almost a decade. We are moving out a group of Phoenix 4.0 jackets to make way for the '08 version (only slightly changed). Save a bundle while the selection of sizes and colors lasts.
The Phoenix 4.0 is a full mesh sport jacket, primarily for warm weather street and sport riding. The entire jacket is a mesh material that allows air to blow right through the jacket. To help extend the jacket's comfort range, you get a Dry Tech Liner as standard.
For a limited time, we are offering a $12 free shipping allowance on this jacket, so buy now and save a little extra. Consider throwing some other items in your cart too to take full advantage of the shipping offer. Use the drop down menu on the product page to view current availability.

MSRP $149.99 to $169.99
Now $89 with a $12 Free Shipping Allowance
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #17
racerzchick

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to racerzchick Send a message via MSN to racerzchick
i got everything i needed for the class at walmart, baseball gloves, boots..
racerzchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #18
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

you dont need expensie stuff for msf, long sleeve shirt, long pants (jeans) and gloves, any cheap pair of gloves will do go to the dollar store you can find some gardening gloves there. what side of town you at?
Old 02-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #19
Waerloga

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
you dont need expensie stuff for msf, long sleeve shirt, long pants (jeans) and gloves, any cheap pair of gloves will do go to the dollar store you can find some gardening gloves there. what side of town you at?
Thanks for the replies, all.

I went to walmart and got some hardware gloves.

I'll be coming from the galleria area. Sucks that it will rain tomorrow.

Naturally I want to buy the Ninja 250
Old 02-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #20
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

This is a great class- you'll have a blast! You'll be inside for some of the day, at least, doing the book part. I would bring a rain coat, as you will probably get wet. I borrowed their helmet- not too bad. They are going to give you coupons for everything after your class, so wait to buy your gear. As far as gear or laptop? You've gone this long without the laptop- you can go longer!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement