MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #81
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





you guys are killing me!!
CarbonJames is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DPS...WTF are you thinking? Blanco Off Topic 66 11-11-2013 08:58 AM
wtf were they thinking pwned Off Topic 5 09-29-2010 07:09 AM
R U SERIOUS???? WTF ARE PEOPLE THINKING? TREE Off Topic 26 03-11-2009 06:41 PM
WTF ARE KIDS THINKING THESE DAYS FastLine Off Topic 33 11-05-2007 06:02 PM
YET ANOTHER WTF WERE YOU THINKING FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 88 01-07-2007 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #82
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
you guys are killing me!!
Careful there big guy.......there is a picture or two of YOU around here.
 
Old 02-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #83
dnix600
Senior Member
 
dnix600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 2,227


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600









My biggest problem with all of this is it seems a little hypocritical. How many of us speed in a car, drink and drive, smoke or endanger ourselves and others in some other fashion. I wouldnt call the law on any members who I knew were driving home after drinking from a meet. I wouldnt try to get you fired from your job, because I knew you were spending your money on cigarettes. So how could I support this.

FOR ME its calculated risk. FOR ME this paticular ride is too risky for me. I try and express my concerns in way that it will be received. Any other way is only venting IMHO.
dnix600 is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #84
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





unfort. i know this...
CarbonJames is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #85
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
you guys are killing me!!
We love you little J and we occasionally miss ya on the SMR's...like I'm one to talk...my street days are over too...unless Clyde offers his Duc up for an oocassional SMR....*hint, hint*
dbuck is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #86
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





it's really beating the dead horse, the stubborn and unknowing will continue to ride and the lucky few will make it back home. As i said before, someday, someone will NOT make it home from the ride.

the video is stupid. jimmy and the gang will continue to promote it. It is the wrong place to be "teaching" things but that may never change either.
CarbonJames is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #87
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
We love you little J and we occasionally miss ya on the SMR's...like I'm one to talk...my street days are over too...unless Clyde offers his Duc up for an oocassional SMR....*hint, hint*
i've never gone with you guys for a very good reason..
CarbonJames is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #88
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
We love you little J and we occasionally miss ya on the SMR's...like I'm one to talk...my street days are over too...unless Clyde offers his Duc up for an oocassional SMR....*hint, hint*
Sounds good............except ONE BIG STANDUP ON MY DUCK AND YOU WILL WALK HOME. I don't care if we're in Leaky when it happens!!
 
Old 02-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #89
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
i've never gone with you guys for a very good reason..
Don't tell me.............................................. Dbuck scares YOU?
 
Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #90
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark954rr View Post
Im sorry but I wont bash someone that is no longer with us. You sir need to get your facts straight. On one of the particular rides mentioned above (one of my first ever with this board) I was cruizing 115-120MPH AND WAS BEING LEFTFAR-FAR BEHIND by the rest of the group (with the person mentioned above). I know for a fact because my buddy rode his H-D that day and I was going SLOW so that he could stay up with me and about 110 is all it will do.

Plain and simple. Actions speak louder than words.

I have said all I can say. Peace be with all of you...

Ok zippy, what facts do I have wrong? and precisely how am I or anyone else bashing yankee?

Honestly, I'm a cold blooded SoB... for the most part I don't care if someone hauls , is stupid and takes themselves out. I don't like watching the few I do know and like from this place going through their grief because of it and don't want to see some one taking out another innocent due to their bs.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #91
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Don't tell me.............................................. Dbuck scares YOU?
its all the testosterone that those big 1k's have in em. I can't handle the big bikes.. so i just stay at home nursing my little 60
CarbonJames is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #92
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Sounds good............except ONE BIG STANDUP ON MY DUCK AND YOU WILL WALK HOME. I don't care if we're in Leaky when it happens!!


no standups on the Duc..I promise....

why be scared of me???
dbuck is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #93
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
i've never gone with you guys for a very good reason..
we really do keep it calm....for like 95% of the ride

I just can't help it...it's like the skies are looking down saying put that front wheel in the air even if they are sh*tty wheelies
dbuck is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #94
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Ok zippy, what facts do I have wrong? and precisely how am I or anyone else bashing yankee?

Honestly, I'm a cold blooded SoB... for the most part I don't care if someone hauls , is stupid and takes themselves out. I don't like watching the few I do know and like from this place going through their grief because of it and don't want to see some one taking out another innocent due to their bs.
I said I didnt wanna bash him.. Not that you were.

Plain and simple YANKEE was one of the attendee's that were going so fast on that ride that I could not keep up doing 115-120mph at times. I know of a few others that were on that ride that could verify the very same and were prob right in front or behind him when he did it.

Actions speak louder than words. Even if you say DONT RIDE THAT FAST. Then you go do it. U have no room to talk (in the case I witnessed him riding the way you said he wouldnt) So dont try to speak for someone that your arent sure about.
Mark06gsxr is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #95
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark954rr View Post
Actions speak louder than words. Even if you say DONT RIDE THAT FAST. Then you go do it. U have no room to talk (in the case I witnessed him riding the way you said he wouldnt) So dont try to speak for someone that your arent sure about.
so learn from his mistakes....don't continue to do them:/:
dbuck is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #96
Gryphin
09 r1!
 
Gryphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,214

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)



Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Jet i think everyone has alot of respect for what your trying to do here. but to be honest, i hate to say this, but they arent going to learn till they lose someone that they know. All this going down has just feed the fuel to keep the pace up because they think just because someone goes down they will be ok. Its just minor wrecks. I am going to hate to hear it but one day someones going to die at the pace they set on these backroads.

Thats my two cents.
__________________
Quote:
We as riders know the risks we take everytime we put that kickstand up and twist the throttle.
Gryphin is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #97
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
I'm so glad to see people saved this gorgeous photo!
FastLine is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #98
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark954rr View Post
I said I didnt wanna bash him.. Not that you were.

Plain and simple YANKEE was one of the attendee's that were going so fast on that ride that I could not keep up doing 115-120mph at times. I know of a few others that were on that ride that could verify the very same and were prob right in front or behind him when he did it.

Actions speak louder than words. Even if you say DONT RIDE THAT FAST. Then you go do it. U have no room to talk (in the case I witnessed him riding the way you said he wouldnt) So dont try to speak for someone that your arent sure about.
Problem with the medium we're communicating with, it came across to me as if you meant I was. as is obvious you're misunderstanding what I am saying.


Don't ride those speeds, don't if someone calls the cops on a group that is. Take your licks, understand the why behind the action.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."

Last edited by Ulric; 02-15-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Ulric is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #99
perot_80
R6RAVEN
 
perot_80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 91


Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven









Send a message via AIM to perot_80
At risk of sounding gay (as I understand StreetCowboy is):

Is everyone ready to kiss and make up?
__________________
12345dfth
perot_80 is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #100
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by perot_80 View Post
At risk of sounding gay (as I understand StreetCowboy is):

Is everyone ready to kiss and make up?
OKAY, now you sound gay
dbuck is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy