MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #41
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post

1 Question, I have heard over and over about we are responsible for our own ride, what happens when someone that you dont know comes in on you in a turn ??? that causes your wreck and possible DEATH. What happens if someone is riding over there head and they stand the bike up and they take you out mid corner ???








This very thing happened to Tim! We were blessed and only lost a bike! That is why if I am riding with someone I don't know well I give them plenty of space and I am NOT SHY about telling them to do the same!

Becareful who you ride with! You really are putting your life in thier hands to a degree!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DPS...WTF are you thinking? Blanco Off Topic 66 11-11-2013 08:58 AM
wtf were they thinking pwned Off Topic 5 09-29-2010 07:09 AM
R U SERIOUS???? WTF ARE PEOPLE THINKING? TREE Off Topic 26 03-11-2009 06:41 PM
WTF ARE KIDS THINKING THESE DAYS FastLine Off Topic 33 11-05-2007 06:02 PM
YET ANOTHER WTF WERE YOU THINKING FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 88 01-07-2007 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #42
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark954rr View Post
I dont think anyone will ever change my mind about this.

I know for a fact that I am a BETTER rider than before I went on any of these "death rides" that everyone is so scared of.

I dont care what you do to try and change anything cause people that are gonna ride fast and get hurt are gonna do it. Regardless of what group/ride they go on!

LOOK AT THE RIDERS MEETING VIDS. They started a contact list for emergencies, give everyone the rundown before they start & stop before they get to certain spots that can cause people trouble. They even went as far as to have a sweeper with a truck/trailer. I BET $$$ THAT YOU HAVEN'T CARED ENOUGH TO DO THAT ON ANY OF YOUR RIDES. :dontknow:

ill speack for jet and mention that most of the riders he rides with are friends and friends of other close friends. not an open invite for people with 6 months of riding time.

you can be a better rider than what you were but if you pick up bad habits you hit a wall in performance gains. you really arent gaining anything then.

and that $$$ you want to put down, ill double it if you are serious. dont talk about it, be about it.


lol at the crash truck!
__________________
motobanner new

Last edited by arturo3rd; 02-15-2008 at 01:31 PM.
arturo3rd is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #43
perot_80
R6RAVEN
 
perot_80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 91


Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven









Send a message via AIM to perot_80
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd View Post
If there is a ride with minor mechanical mishaps and other accidents I would stay away, especially with large groups (8 or more).
How does this work? Is there more than one group going down there or is it one massive group? Am I getting into a ride that I will regret?
__________________
12345dfth
perot_80 is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #44
perot_80
R6RAVEN
 
perot_80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 91


Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven









Send a message via AIM to perot_80
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
So you have to take a truck/trailer for what ??? In case someone goes down, in case a bike breaks down.

I have never had to be stupid enough to have a truck and trailer follow me. I have done more for people than you know. I have been called at 3AM and gone and picked up a bike and rider.

J
I don't think a sweeper/trailer is only useful if you're stupid. That's like saying I'm good enough at pulling out that I don't need to use a condom. It just makes good sense to be prepared. So you've gone to pick up bikes and riders at all hours of the night...sure would've been nice if they'd had a trailer following them huh?
__________________
12345dfth

Last edited by perot_80; 02-15-2008 at 01:50 PM.
perot_80 is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #45
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
So you have to take a truck/trailer for what ??? In case someone goes down, in case a bike breaks down.

I have never had to be stupid enough to have a truck and trailer follow me. I have done more for people than you know. I have been called at 3AM and gone and picked up a bike and rider.

J
Oh ok. So someone is covering all the bases and now its a STUPID IDEA?

You guys kill me

Pot... its Kettle..

What if there was a truck on the scene to rush others to the hospital. Maybe things might be diff? Most of these rides to go to places 100+ miles outside of town. Not a bad idea to have someone there to pick up your bike if anything happens. The very first SMR I went on someone blew there motor (was a girl on a ninja) and it ruined someones day to go get there truck and bring there bike home. Make fun all you want. Its smart to me.
Mark06gsxr is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #46
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Okay since you put it this way, I dont go on rides that I have to be prepaired that a rider will go down. I dont go on rides that I know it is possible that my bike is going to have a leaking radiator, it can happen. But I have been riding and have never even needed to have a truck or trailer follow me cause something was going to happen.


J
Dress for the Crash, Not for the ride right?

Hypocrite



Mark06gsxr is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #47
amber|alexis
Senior Member
 
amber|alexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,367

Experience: 4 years






Member Garage





I agree with Jet completely

amber|alexis is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #48
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
LOL @ this thread....I remember the Shell station be an awesome meet up and ride point....seems it's made a turn for the worse...., even I've broken some laws riding out to Fayetville....I'm lucky, never went down.

I say let it ride....peeps are going to go regardless. I just hope that it doesn't end the way it has for a few others we knew. knows we're missing a very good friend due to poor decision making....once it happens to ya, riding those breakneck speeds on the street aren't so appealing....

See ya'll at the track (I hope),

DBuck
dbuck is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #49
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






don't forget the titanium bits. lotsa those after the rides.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #50
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Well i hope yall take a doctor, and someone that is EMS certified. A neck brace and back board might be needed also. Might as well prepair yourself and get a body bag also. So that way you get a free trip to the morgue

J
Let 'em learn the hard way J....they'll soon see how bad it SUCKS to have to say goodbye to a friend.:/:
dbuck is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #51
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


guys check this dog out.
833745124 ffd77dcc71
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #52
perot_80
R6RAVEN
 
perot_80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 91


Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven









Send a message via AIM to perot_80
Everyone on this thread seems to at least have a piece of the BIG PICTURE. I think deep down we're all on the same page.

Mark is right...we dress for the potential danger (crash) we may have.

Jet is right...you can never be too careful...only too careless...and at that point it's too late to learn the easy way.

dbuck is right...some people don't understand how it changes your perspective to lose a friend to either an accident or poor decision making.

- - - - - - - - -

Bottom line - some riders go out with a completely different mind set; one of thrill seeking and disregard. Others go out for the right reason...the reason created motorcycles...for the freedom and camaraderie that comes with. Different strokes for different folks. All we can do is try our best to seperate ourselves from those that would put us in harms way or give us a bad rep.
__________________
12345dfth

Last edited by perot_80; 02-15-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: misspelling
perot_80 is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #53
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Well i hope yall take a doctor, and someone that is EMS certified. A neck brace and back board might be needed also. Might as well prepair yourself and get a body bag also. So that way you get a free trip to the morgue

J
I do respect what you have to say but you came off in the complete wrong way. Then to top it off your acting like one of the mothers from M.A.D.D. and threatening your own brothers with calling the authorities.. stabbing people in the back.. etc.. etc :/:

What? No one can ride the way they will, or do what they like anymore because of what happened with Yankee? Is that it??

I for one didn't know him like some did but I will have you know that he was one of the first people I EVER rode with on this board. U yourself know that he wouldn't want people to stop riding cause of him. I wasn't there for the accident but I was there with as much support as anyone. I still have one of the Yankee bands around my mirror to this day and it will be there till it snaps!

How you can take that position. I dont understand
Mark06gsxr is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #54
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
 
SBK Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,570

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...






Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark954rr View Post
I dont think anyone will ever change my mind about this.

I know for a fact that I am a BETTER rider than before I went on any of these "death rides" that everyone is so scared of.

I dont care what you do to try and change anything cause people that are gonna ride fast and get hurt are gonna do it. Regardless of what group/ride they go on!

LOOK AT THE RIDERS MEETING VIDS. They started a contact list for emergencies, give everyone the rundown before they start & stop before they get to certain spots that can cause people trouble. They even went as far as to have a sweeper with a truck/trailer. I BET $$$ THAT YOU HAVEN'T CARED ENOUGH TO DO THAT ON ANY OF YOUR RIDES. :dontknow:

mark - that video just shows how out of control these guys are...

if they fricken HAVE lay down red paint on the road b/c of the number of crashes on the ground... if they HAVE to have a crash trailer?!... c'mon man...

we care enough to not ride that careless on public roads...

and i NEVER thought the day would come when i would see pics of some of these guys riding wheeling down the street in fayettville...

what a disgrace... :/:
SBK Pilot is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #55
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
What if there was a truck on the scene to rush others to the hospital. Maybe things might be diff? Most of these rides to go to places 100+ miles outside of town. Not a bad idea to have someone there to pick up your bike if anything happens. The very first SMR I went on someone blew there motor (was a girl on a ninja) and it ruined someones day to go get there truck and bring there bike home. Make fun all you want. Its smart to me.
BIG difference in needing/having to have one tail a run and having one just for the heck of it.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #56
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Man you speak volumes of experience with that whole 5-6 months riding experience.

Come back and tell me this all again in a year, if your not dead. I will make sure to speak at your funeral. With the sound words of I TOLD YOU SO.

J
I never claimed anything.. I just ride how I ride thats all.

The reason I have lived this long is because I know my limits and stick to them. I actually a very reserved rider. U can ask anyone that I ride with on a regular basis.

I have already told this to the people that matter.. If I die on the bike then just know Im in a better place and know I died doing what I loved. U can right "I told you so" right under that on my gravestone. I dont care cause I wont be here to see it!

Why did this become a personal attack anyway?
Mark06gsxr is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #57
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
and i NEVER thought the day would come when i would see pics of some of these guys riding wheeling down the street in fayettville...

what a disgrace... :/:
no sh*t....Fayetville is motorcycle friendly...probably won't be that way for long:/:
dbuck is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #58
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
 
SBK Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,570

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
BIG difference in needing/having to have one tail a run and having one just for the heck of it.


and the total of riders down in the last six months is probably closer to 20...

but the leads always disavow any/all responsibility...

if i lead a ride... i consider myself responsible for my fellow riders...
SBK Pilot is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #59
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
mark - that video just shows how out of control these guys are...

if they fricken HAVE lay down red paint on the road b/c of the number of crashes on the ground... if they HAVE to have a crash trailer?!... c'mon man...

we care enough to not ride that careless on public roads...

and i NEVER thought the day would come when i would see pics of some of these guys riding wheeling down the street in fayettville...

what a disgrace... :/:
Yes i agree that was a shock to me. I live out in the country and I know that people around here would be all upset if that was in our town, but then again mag. is on lock. I think its against the law if more than two bikes are inside the city limit at the same time.
Mark06gsxr is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #60
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
I do respect what you have to say but you came off in the complete wrong way. Then to top it off your acting like one of the mothers from M.A.D.D. and threatening your own brothers with calling the authorities.. stabbing people in the back.. etc.. etc
Stabbing people in the back? Frag that, the 'back stabbers' are the one out there riding and acting like jackasses. The ones putting themselves and other on the road at risk.

Quote:
What? No one can ride the way they will, or do what they like anymore because of what happened with Yankee? Is that it??
I for one didn't know him like some did but I will have you know that he was one of the first people I EVER rode with on this board. U yourself know that he wouldn't want people to stop riding cause of him. I wasn't there for the accident but I was there with as much support as anyone. I still have one of the Yankee bands around my mirror to this day and it will be there till it snaps! How you can take that position. I dont understand
..and you think Yankee would want people riding around at triple dig speeds on public roads? Do you REALLY think any of the people we've lost in the street would come back and condone this kinda stuff? WTF justifies one of us putting our entertainment above and beyond the safety and health of someone else?
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy