MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Kat2002F4i
Live, laugh, love

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

Frame Sliders or cage

Hey, I found a set of no cut frame sliders for my F4i on ebay for $50.00 made by T-Rex racing products. Anyone know if this is a good price? i was really looking for a used 905 cage but haven't found one. Trying to protect my pretty investment. Any thoughts? Frustrated looking for this stuff..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frame Sliders and You Thayleal General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-05-2012 01:21 AM
Frame Sliders????? NgaWhat How To's and Q & A's 1 05-14-2010 11:55 PM
Frame Sliders Itzel86 How To's and Q & A's 10 04-04-2009 09:42 AM
Crash cage vs. race railz vs. frame sliders Madd Maxx Performance and Modifications 14 06-30-2008 04:32 PM
Frame sliders tcmatt Taking it to the Track 7 02-08-2006 02:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
badman
Banned

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 750 ALL BLACK BABY

User is banned

badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Kat2002F4i
Live, laugh, love

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

is that a good price though so that i don't have to cut into my pretty fairings? LOL! I know, i'm being such a girl about my baby.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Are you stunting? If you're not a stunna, don't get the cage. Having a cage won't protect your bike from being totaled.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
Kat2002F4i
Live, laugh, love

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

no i'm not a stunter. I just want something to protect if i drop the bike over. I know that if something happens at high speeds then it'll be totaled but i don't care who you are, you can slide out or drop it at slow speeds for no rhyme or reason and I'm just being a girl about protected her...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
Kat2002F4i
Live, laugh, love

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

yes.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
Dubby
That one dude...

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
[2005 636 AKA "6Durty" (stunt piece)] Captured by Coryell Cty. Sheriffs Ofc.
Your momma

Look up Powers Race Rails, near same protection as a cage without the loop under the bike. They are legal on the track too. If you want a stunt cage DO NOT GO FREESTYLE INGENUITY! Tygershark is the best cage out there for protection but the cost is a bit much, Sick Innovations has a good solid solution that some of us use and it works amazing, after that would be Freestyle Ingenuity, then 905... DO NOT EVER BUY 905 CAGES, you will break stuff every time.

No cut frame sliders do not work so well, they are more for looks. A standard delrin slider from ShoGun would suffice, yeah you cut your plastics but you don't have to put your trust in an "adapter plate" that can't hold your bike's weight and end up causing frame damage on even low speed drops.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #10
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Frame sliders won't affect cornering, a cage might...
Old 02-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
Dubby
That one dude...

Bike(s):
Your momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Frame sliders won't affect cornering, a cage might...
+1 and as far as clearance goes this is the rank:

PowersStuntworx Racerails, smallest goes from engine mount to transmission mount, no lower loop will not stick out any further than a frame slider. Legal on the track.

Tygershark, next to smallest made from solid steel, no lower loop under engine, has spring loaded sliders on the ends, if they are removed (safe to do this) it will also stick out no more than frame sliders. Legal on the track.

Sick Innovations, full welded hollow steel tubing placed at the strongest points on your bike and ran through the frame with an all thread. Does have a loop in front of exhaust, optional sliders are available.. Not legal on the track. But you would have to be super experienced to drag this cage! I have never been close to touching it down, my knee would hit first even tucked in.

Freestyle Ingenuity, bolted together hollow steel cage bolts on two mounting points on your engine mount, has loop under the bike. Will scrape with effort in the corners. Not legal on the track. Get this cage be ready to break engine mounts and stator covers anyway. Not much better than a frame slider.

905 Racing, drags and scrapes with minimal effort, dings shins because the cage is MASSIVE, will flip the bike. None of your controls or engine casings are safe with this one.

I recommend Shogun brand frame sliders, Patrick has them in stock over at Motorcycles Unlimited...

T-Rex brand is not a good brand.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
freestyle ingenuity makes a cage for the f4i and if you dont mind the 3-400 installed....they are ABSOLUTELY the way to go.....silders can break(poly) and bend(alum.) so a good ole fashioned steel cage is GREAT!

WHo the qouted you that price?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #13
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Btw get Norm to give me a call about this
Old 02-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

PowersStuntworx Racerails, smallest goes from engine mount to transmission mount, no lower loop will not stick out any further than a frame slider. Legal on the track.

Wont protect anything better than standard sliders fairings will still scrape

Tygershark, next to smallest made from solid steel, no lower loop under engine, has spring loaded sliders on the ends, if they are removed (safe to do this) it will also stick out no more than frame sliders. Legal on the track.

No point in investing $500 for this overated product thats been tested that pros refuse to even use anymore

Sick Innovations, full welded hollow steel tubing placed at the strongest points on your bike and ran through the frame with an all thread. Does have a loop in front of exhaust, optional sliders are available.. Not legal on the track. But you would have to be super experienced to drag this cage! I have never been close to touching it down, my knee would hit first even tucked in.

Good cage for stunting but is hard on the frame if you do drop the bike becuase the cage does not give still a new company and time will tell on how good they protect longterm.

Freestyle Ingenuity, bolted together hollow steel cage bolts on two mounting points on your engine mount, has loop under the bike. Will scrape with effort in the corners. Not legal on the track. Get this cage be ready to break engine mounts and stator covers anyway. Not much better than a frame slider.

This is the cage of choice and is a proven cage among anyone that runs a cbr F4i parts can be individually replaced if needed and you will only have to drill two sliders holes instead of the 4 thats needed with the other cages. Works for Darius, Clayton, Javi and myself *just use locktite on the bolts and you wont have a problem. Cage loop can also be removed to allow for trackdays and faster paced street rides.

Ps. it about busting stator covers wtf you been smokin javis bike tumbled over and over and didnt even snap a brake lever

905 Racing, drags and scrapes with minimal effort, dings shins because the cage is MASSIVE, will flip the bike. None of your controls or engine casings are safe with this one.

905 use to make big bulky cages there new designs are ok but are still considered knee and shin busters

I recommend Shogun brand frame sliders, Patrick has them in stock over at Motorcycles Unlimited...

Frame sliders dont protect !!! nuff said

T-Rex brand is not a good brand

never heard of them
Old 02-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #15
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

with the Freestyle Ingenuity extended sliders your exhuast will not hit if the bike is knocked over.

the no cut sliders are mounted using a aluminum bracket that isnt very strong ive seen them bend or break that then the slider doesnt protect anything
Old 02-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #16
Dubby
That one dude...

Bike(s):
Your momma

I'm just saying it can break the engine covers, it did on Clayton's and there are stories on StuntLife. But your right, most of the time when an FI cage breaks something it is because one of the 10 bolts in the cage is loose or missing. Otherwise they are a good cage because they flex more.

I have my fingers crossed about my Sick cage living up to the abuse I'll be giving it this coming year.

Joe (Prodigy) has a ton of experience with FI cages, he can find you a good deal on them too... $400 is definitely not the right price for an FI cage.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #17
Dubby
That one dude...

Bike(s):
Your momma

What ever happened to tandem designwurx or hellbent brands?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubby View Post
I'm just saying it can break the engine covers, it did on Clayton's and there are stories on StuntLife. But your right, most of the time when an FI cage breaks something it is because one of the 10 bolts in the cage is loose or missing. Otherwise they are a good cage because they flex more.

I have my fingers crossed about my Sick cage living up to the abuse I'll be giving it this coming year.

Joe (Prodigy) has a ton of experience with FI cages, he can find you a good deal on them too... $400 is definitely not the right price for an FI cage.

keep in mind that most of the damage that was done on Claytons bike was unavoidable no matter what cage you would have

take a look

http://www.houston-delinquents.com/videos/clayton.wmv

and it still did its job by protecting the sides of the bike with no busted case cover
Old 02-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #19
Kat2002F4i
Live, laugh, love

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

It's on Ebay Joe!!!!! Don't get in a tissy over here! LOL. Some people are telling me to get this cage or that cage, just frame sliders, etc. etc. I just want to know what's the best idea for ME for my baby girl. I don't want her messed up in any form or fashion so that's why I'm not just ordering . Be great if I could find a used cage for a decent price. Come on Joe work your magic!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #20
Kat2002F4i
Live, laugh, love

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR600 F4i

BTW I remember that! I was there watching you guys with Norm. So have Norm give you a call about the sliders or what?

Advertisement