MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #101
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

so far, 17 on the list out of 44 days... average 1 wreck every 60 hours (2.5 days) so far this year. at that same rate, would be 146 bike wrecks this year alone from people on MH. what percentage of bike wrecks are fatal? how many people will we lose this year? be careful out there, i hope to still be here next year
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009: Wrecks this yr RACER X Safety Corner Main 135 12-18-2010 07:41 PM
wrecks this yr RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 376 07-07-2010 05:52 PM
My Changes to my bike within the past YR!! darktoy02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-07-2010 02:19 PM
61 yr old man slaps 2 yr old baby!!! chum600 Off Topic 48 09-04-2009 08:29 AM
Happy New Yr Everyone.. 1FastMF Events, Meets and Rides 8 01-01-2009 02:23 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #102
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

JRxGRUBZx
USMC-SPARTAN
aboo007
Azylum
Psych0ninja
costas
tango
guy on CBR after galveston ride
omega (well dropped it in downtown) bike is fine though
Jason wrecked yesterday
travis passed away last week
Patrick From tomball suzuki passed away last month
ls-dm
SillyWabbit
Frank the Tank
Ulric (yup you went down)
** PoPoRiderRR ** (track doesn't really count)

Removing CLETUS, it was before X-mas. Laid it over in an intersection with new tires.
Sorry to mess up the list.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #103
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Not me.

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #104
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

[QUOTE=RACER X;1013991]honestly don't know/remember, this stuff was 5-6yrs ago.

but t-boning a car coming down from a high speed wheelie, nor head on into a drunk driver on memorial (downtown) at 130+ aren't taught in class.[/QUOTE]

I remember when that happened, what was his name? That was a pretty gruesome wreck.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #105
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

efren coronado
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #106
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Yep I remember this one, I knew one of the guys that got killed. Went something like, they were racing each other, were before or after waugh drive, a drunk driver entered going the wrong way. One hit the driver head on, the other got passed the car. But the one that hit head on, bike blew up at least pieces of it, knocked the other off the bike and they had a friend in a corvette following that ran the other rider over. A friend with HPD said they had that accident site all closed down for hours and hours trying to pick up body parts from everywhere. Pretty crazy site as I understand it. I use to drag race back in the day with one of those guys. We actually have talked about it before on here, and the one friend you said was a neighbor and never really rode street. Either way I know, it does suck to see what can happen and the reality of this all is it can happen to anyone of us. We are not superman and cant play , if we could our loved ones would still be with us here today. So if you think this is a harsh thread or against the people that went down. I dont think it is, maybe someone will learn, maybe not. But in the end look at what has happened in the last 1.5 months just starting in 08. Not many deaths, but just wait the reality of it is you might be sitting there reading this, but next week me might just be reading about a ride on your behalf. Because you are no longer here with us.

Reality sucks, Racer X might not be liked by many but in the end he is just really trying to make us look at things in a different way. IT IS CALLED REALITY.

J
Didn't see this before I posted above.

Yeah, this wreck was right around waugh, where the road chinks to the left on a bridge over the bayou. There is still a cross-memorial there.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #107
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Nope.
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #108
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

so out of the list of people who crashed, who did or did not take the msf?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #109
jaredbeesley
Why Not?

Bike(s):
GSXR-750, RM250, CR250

I've been down on the dirt 3 times for stupid stuff, LOL. jumping trees!
CCS #59
CMRA #259
jaredbeesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #110
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

From what I've seen and read over the past year or so, 99% of the accidents around here have been easily avoidable.

The rash lately tells me people need to pay more attention to cold temps, cold roads, and cold tires. The bike is not going to stick like it did last spring and summer, so ride accordingly.
Also remember all the drastic temp changes play with tire pressure, so check it every time before you ride.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #111
drewbies600

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 cbr 600rr (Sold)

laid mine over with 500 miles on it

some dude was in front of me turn right blinker on stated to turn right then went left. barely missed me and bike, lost control went rollin at bout 50 mph.
drewbies600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #112
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
I don't see how a mere "list" of crash victims is saving anyone from crashing, maybe a thread about how they crashed & a discussion on what coulda been done 2 avoid those crashes might have served the "so called good purpose" of this thread a little better, but knowing X's demeaning a$$ opinion 2 every rider except himself, i'm sure that wasn't his intent from the jump. His intent was surely 2 show the stupidity of those that did go down cause they didn't "prevent" the crash itself.

The fact of the matter is there are 2 types of riders: one that has been down & one that hasn't been down YET. It's gonna happen 2 the best of us, no matter HOW MANY MSF courses u take, how many miles u drive in the daytime, or how many deaths u see, or how many IDIOTIC thread's about wrecks u see, it will happen. U accept that risk every time u stick that key in the ignition.

I'll quote my buddy the late Eric Roman on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
no one can really and truly ride safe on a bike...you either like the safety of the coach, or you like the freedom of the saddle you can not have both.
I agree!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #113
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
I don't see how a mere "list" of crash victims is saving anyone from crashing, maybe a thread about how they crashed & a discussion on what coulda been done 2 avoid those crashes might have served the "so called good purpose" of this thread a little better,...............

I agree!
While I agree a discussion like that would be very valuable to new riders. HOWEVER, the rider(s) must know themselves why the accident occurred and be honest about what happened and how could it have happened any differently. I don't see that happening a lot on this board..
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #114
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

OK NEXT THREAD HOW MANY STOLLEN BIKES THIS YEAR ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #115
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
While I agree a discussion like that would be very valuable to new riders. HOWEVER, the rider(s) must know themselves why the accident occurred and be honest about what happened and how could it have happened any differently. I don't see that happening a lot on this board..
GOOD point well taken, but since we haven't discussed one "what if and how to" scenario in this thread..... it's USELESS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
FIXED

I just dont get it, people that insist on riding without a helmet, or gear. Much less without motorcycle insurance, and theft in houston.

Sorry but if anyone of you run around Houston, Texas and dont have theft your an idiot. If you dont have some kind of medical for when you do go down, your an idiot. If you are one of the above you get what you deserve, which more than likely will lead to your death, bad credit or bankruptcy. Number 1 cause for bankruptcy is medical bills.

J
Go Jet!!! preach that insurance talk. I know i should but why waste my typing skills, they're not gonna listen.

Just like this thread is not gonna do much either, hindering it.......USELESS
Old 02-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #116
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
I don't see how a mere "list" of crash victims is saving anyone from crashing, maybe a thread about how they crashed & a discussion on what coulda been done 2 avoid those crashes might have served the "so called good purpose" of this thread a little better, but knowing X's demeaning a$$ opinion 2 every rider except himself, i'm sure that wasn't his intent from the jump. His intent was surely 2 show the stupidity of those that did go down cause they didn't "prevent" the crash itself.

The fact of the matter is there are 2 types of riders: one that has been down & one that hasn't been down YET. It's gonna happen 2 the best of us, no matter HOW MANY MSF courses u take, how many miles u drive in the daytime, or how many deaths u see, or how many IDIOTIC thread's about wrecks u see, it will happen. U accept that risk every time u stick that key in the ignition.

I'll quote my buddy the late Eric Roman on this one!

I agree!
true, there is two type, but the chance of going down could be reduced through msf education and obeying traffic laws, plus it could save lives. Main point of racerx's is squidly mistakes. An experience rider will have less chance of laying it down then a new rider.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #117
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

EVERYONE goes down is the point, experienced or not, at their fault or at the fault of someone else, msf or no msf, it will happen to us all, and i still don't read the squidly mistakes here that REALLY should be what's pointed out in this thread, not the squid's themselves, but what was done in error on THEIR END that caused the incident.

Furthermore me just reading about a crash isn't necessarily gonna stop it from happening again...gravel is not always in the same place so that u can avoid them, people!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #118
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Personally, everyone here who is bashing Ed for starting the thread and trying to turn this thread into what it's not, YOU ARE BELITTLING THE RIDERS THAT ARE ON THAT LIST AND SOME WHO ARE NO LONGER WITH US. Take it for what it is, quit trying to put a spin on this to make him look like he's bashing people and lifting his own self. He's not, he has clearly stated his intentions in this thread and I for one believe them to be genuine. If some of you numbskulls opened your eyes, lots of the people on that list PUT THEIR OWN NAMES ON IT. Maybe they see more clearly than you and realize that awareness plays a big part in safety and don't hold their own personal ego over someone else's life. Good thread Ed, keep doing what you're doing and try to ignore the ignorant ones
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #119
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Good thread Ed, keep doing what you're doing and try to ignore the ignorant ones
I'm sure he has no problem doing just that!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #120
sillywabbit

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Firebolt

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i would beg to differ, when these riders hit 60-70k mi accident free, get back to me.

but this is getting off topic again.

10 of the 16 crashed riders were riding over their heads, and most of the 6 others i don't really know about.

*** Ulric was not at fault.
I went down. I didn't say how here. I took MSF. Both the initial class and the advanced class where you use your own bike.

RacerX, you know I was riding over my head? It was my fault, because I made a mistake, not because I was riding over my head. Guess what, I'm human, I make mistakes. None of the other comments bothered me but this one. Don't judge whats over my head, you weren't there. In fact, no one saw my accident.

PS. MSF is worth every dollar, saved me many times.

Last edited by sillywabbit; 02-13-2008 at 11:29 PM.
sillywabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement