MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #21
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
hes got gloves, riding jackets and a lid...shes got a $10 bicycle helmet. thats fuggin weak.
my thoughts exactly!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Couldn't say it better.... 1FastMF Off Topic 1 07-23-2009 10:57 AM
You couldn't make it up could you!!! Grinchy Off Topic 17 03-06-2009 12:50 PM
I couldn't help myself. Redux Off Topic 15 11-26-2008 10:46 AM
i couldn't believe it socplay50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-13-2006 09:13 AM
I couldn't see that one coming! cashtown General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-01-2006 05:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #22
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

that someone should tazer him not on the bike with the kid but he should get tazed
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #23
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

HE NEEDS HIS ASZ BEAT !!! FUC*KING DUMB ASZ PARENT !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #24
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post

This guy in the photo better not be going over 5 MPH with his set up...
He was riding in Sunday noon time traffic on West Road crossing Jones. Who knows where they had been or were going. He was coming from 290 and West area and headed towards West and the Beltway. I turned so I didn't get to see where they were going.

He did see me taking pictures of them so maybe at least that might be a wakeup call.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #25
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

wow...
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #26
vertigo

Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50

Send a message via AIM to vertigo
What a dumb@ss....
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #27
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
No gloves either.

Sometimes I don't think people think things all the way through.
Yeah this guy is riding in Sunday lunchtime traffic on a couple of the busiest streets in the area......not very smart.

He could have at least had her in jeans and some decent shoes along with a real helmet and I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. Some people just don't think what's going to happen to them when "the other guy" does something stupid. This guy is probably thinking "I've been riding forever, I know I'm not going to crash" but what's going to happen when the guy behind you or the one pulling out from starbucks sipping his $6 latte and talking on his cell doesn't see you and hits you and your 6 year old and takes you down at 40mph? You're pretty little girl isn't going to be so pretty any more.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #28
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
wow...
Yea, I am at a loss for words on this one.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #29
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
That's Megan, and she's five. And that strap is the safest possible way to carry a small child with you on your bike! Guaranteed he's riding cautiously and defensively with her on back. And you said it right when you mentioned she's in FULL LEATHERS + properfly fitted helmet + boots and gloves!

This guy in the photo better not be going over 5 MPH with his set up...
trust me, if i had a kid, she will get to ride with dad on the big bike when she is old enough and big enough to hold on to me safly. at 5.. keep her on a 50 in the dirt, not a gsxr on houston highways.. sorry my little rant, others might think different but thats how i feel.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #30
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
trust me, if i had a kid, she will get to ride with dad on the big bike when she is old enough and big enough to hold on to me safly. at 5.. keep her on a 50 in the dirt, not a gsxr on houston highways.. sorry my little rant, others might think different but thats how i feel.
+1 million!!!!

I don't let my 3 yr old ride with me no matter how much she cries and begs to ride and asks why big sissy can ride but not her.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #31
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Man, I saw something just like that last friday night on HWY 6 and Bellaire! the girl on the back couldnt have been more than 8 yrs old and she was holding on with a bicycle helmet on. her feet were just dangelling off the sides, and when he took a turn, she just rocked ... i thought her foot was going to hit the rear wheel on the turn! just as i was pulling up next to him to tell him off, he changed lanes and turned off again!
sooooo stupid!!!
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #32
tyme2move

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
Hi Gryphin! This is Megan's mom. Thanks for being so concerned for her well-being! I do respect your opinion... but I have a few comments for you!

"trust me, if i had a kid" one of the first things I learned as a parent was that all those pre conceived ideas that I had before becoming a parent meant nothing... you have no idea what you will or will not do when you have kids!

"she is old enough and big enough to hold on to me safely." when is that? when you are trying to decide the answer, don't forget to take into account things like emergency acceleration, falling asleep, or leaning to check out something cool on the road, etc. (i am sure that 11 or 12 yr olds would never do any of those..right?).

"keep her on a 50 in the dirt" so she will be safe and not get hurt.

"not a gsxr" why not? Just because a bike has alot of power does not mean that you have to tap into that power all the time. She actually "fits better" on the back of the gsxr than a full grown woman.

Her dad is very experienced (just cuz we are new to MH, does not mean we are new to ridin' ) and he has more natural ability than anyone I know (altho I may be a little biased ). Does she ride with me? NO! I don't have near the experience her dad does. Would she ride with anyone else? Only her grandpa who has more experience in his pinky finger than probably most(notice I did not say ALL) of the people on MH.

Another thing cuz someone always inevitably asks: How would I feel if something happens to her on a bike? Any parent knows that there are no words to adequately describe that feeling when anything happens. but I will go with devastated. How would I feel if I crashed my car and she gets hurt? Um..the same. If she falls down the stairs? the same and etc. Do We live our lives afraid that something bad may happen? NO!! cuz life would suck! Do we choose to live each day to the fullest and have as much fun as safely as possible? YES! Do we try to teach this philosophy to our kids? YES!

Bottom line... Megan is ours, so we get to decide. When Megan rides with us we get 2 very different responses: 1. those that think it's the coolest thing ever! 2. and those who think it's nuts. (wonder what they would think if they knew about all the other fun stuff we do with our kids)!

Now I know why you kind of gave us the cold shoulder @ the benefit. No need tho, we respect your opinion. We just think differently than you.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #33
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme2move View Post
Hi Gryphin! This is Megan's mom. Thanks for being so concerned for her well-being! I do respect your opinion... but I have a few comments for you!

"trust me, if i had a kid" one of the first things I learned as a parent was that all those pre conceived ideas that I had before becoming a parent meant nothing... you have no idea what you will or will not do when you have kids!

"she is old enough and big enough to hold on to me safely." when is that? when you are trying to decide the answer, don't forget to take into account things like emergency acceleration, falling asleep, or leaning to check out something cool on the road, etc. (i am sure that 11 or 12 yr olds would never do any of those..right?).

"keep her on a 50 in the dirt" so she will be safe and not get hurt.

"not a gsxr" why not? Just because a bike has alot of power does not mean that you have to tap into that power all the time. She actually "fits better" on the back of the gsxr than a full grown woman.

Her dad is very experienced (just cuz we are new to MH, does not mean we are new to ridin' ) and he has more natural ability than anyone I know (altho I may be a little biased ). Does she ride with me? NO! I don't have near the experience her dad does. Would she ride with anyone else? Only her grandpa who has more experience in his pinky finger than probably most(notice I did not say ALL) of the people on MH.

Another thing cuz someone always inevitably asks: How would I feel if something happens to her on a bike? Any parent knows that there are no words to adequately describe that feeling when anything happens. but I will go with devastated. How would I feel if I crashed my car and she gets hurt? Um..the same. If she falls down the stairs? the same and etc. Do We live our lives afraid that something bad may happen? NO!! cuz life would suck! Do we choose to live each day to the fullest and have as much fun as safely as possible? YES! Do we try to teach this philosophy to our kids? YES!

Bottom line... Megan is ours, so we get to decide. When Megan rides with us we get 2 very different responses: 1. those that think it's the coolest thing ever! 2. and those who think it's nuts. (wonder what they would think if they knew about all the other fun stuff we do with our kids)!

Now I know why you kind of gave us the cold shoulder @ the benefit. No need tho, we respect your opinion. We just think differently than you.
wow glad to see the internet still gets parents butthurt.. i didnt call you out in anyway shape or form as far as experience goes.

i just said "if it was my kid", what you want to do with your own off-spring is your choice.

as far as cold shoulder at the benifit? i didnt know who you were, i didnt know who most of the people were, doesnt hurt to come up and say hi and who you are. i walked around snapping photos for a good hour and a half and only had 1 person come up to me and say who they were. daniels wife.

if you do things that are out of the norm. and its in public view , expect to her the quote "if it was my kid/child, i would" its as simple as that, other people are ALWAYS going to have their views of a topic and thats what makes us unique. and when you bring yourself onto a public forum you are going to hear and see other peoples opinion so please dont take it as a personal attack towards you or your family.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #34
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Informative article on Riding with Children: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/str...ids/index.html

Excerpt from above article (& this is just FYI):
The aftermarket has a number of solutions. The simplest is one of the several types of belts for the rider with handholds for the passenger, like the Buddy Belt ($50) from G&G or the Pillion Pal from Family Motorcycling.com. You may be able to offer a passenger similar security by attaching handhold loops to your regular pants or jacket belt. However, kids have trouble remembering to hold on all the time, so I rarely used this solution until they were 10 or older.

My preferred system for carrying a young kids is the Child's Riding Belt (formerly the CRV Belt) ($129) from Child's Riding Belt Company, and imported by several retailers for the U.S. market. The CRV is a harness that goes around the child's waist, over the shoulders and between the legs so she can't wriggle or pull out. The quick-release buckles are all on the back so she can't release them, but getting in (before the helmet is donned) is quick. The child's harness fastens to a foam-rubber pad with handlebar-type grips. A large belt, attached to the front of the pad, goes around the rider's waist to secure the child to you. The child cannot fall off unless you do. My kids routinely fall asleep back there, and we have even ridden off-road, jumping and bouncing around, with no fear of them getting thrown off. Of course, if you did crash, the child would be attached to you, which might cause additional injury if they ended up between you and whatever you bounced against. On the other hand, you can also jump up to leap out of harm's way, and the child, since it is attached, will come with you, without the need for an explanation.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #35
MACK
I'm voice activated

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

i guess he figured some protection is better than none. still not good tho.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #36
tyme2move

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
wow glad to see the internet still gets parents butthurt.. i didnt call you out in anyway shape or form as far as experience goes.

i just said "if it was my kid", what you want to do with your own off-spring is your choice.

as far as cold shoulder at the benifit? i didnt know who you were, i didnt know who most of the people were, doesnt hurt to come up and say hi and who you are. i walked around snapping photos for a good hour and a half and only had 1 person come up to me and say who they were. daniels wife.

if you do things that are out of the norm. and its in public view , expect to her the quote "if it was my kid/child, i would" its as simple as that, other people are ALWAYS going to have their views of a topic and thats what makes us unique. and when you bring yourself onto a public forum you are going to hear and see other peoples opinion so please dont take it as a personal attack towards you or your family.
"as far as cold shoulder at the benifit? i didnt know who you were.."
May be you don't remember, but I was the one who recognized your helmet off of MH? It was right after you drove up @ hooters. I was a little nervous, since I didn't know anyone.. maybe that is why I felt the way a did.

I did not take all of it as an attack (" that's worse than the guy" did kind of sound like an attack)... You voiced an opinion on a public forum, I responded. It was lengthy, because I am used to all the questions that follow and wanted to answer them all at once. We enjoy doing things out of "the norm" and do not mind when people express their opinions, as long as we are free to respond.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #37
tyme2move

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Informative article on Riding with Children: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/str...ids/index.html

Excerpt from above article (& this is just FYI):
The aftermarket has a number of solutions. The simplest is one of the several types of belts for the rider with handholds for the passenger, like the Buddy Belt ($50) from G&G or the Pillion Pal from Family Motorcycling.com. You may be able to offer a passenger similar security by attaching handhold loops to your regular pants or jacket belt. However, kids have trouble remembering to hold on all the time, so I rarely used this solution until they were 10 or older.

My preferred system for carrying a young kids is the Child's Riding Belt (formerly the CRV Belt) ($129) from Child's Riding Belt Company, and imported by several retailers for the U.S. market. The CRV is a harness that goes around the child's waist, over the shoulders and between the legs so she can't wriggle or pull out. The quick-release buckles are all on the back so she can't release them, but getting in (before the helmet is donned) is quick. The child's harness fastens to a foam-rubber pad with handlebar-type grips. A large belt, attached to the front of the pad, goes around the rider's waist to secure the child to you. The child cannot fall off unless you do. My kids routinely fall asleep back there, and we have even ridden off-road, jumping and bouncing around, with no fear of them getting thrown off. Of course, if you did crash, the child would be attached to you, which might cause additional injury if they ended up between you and whatever you bounced against. On the other hand, you can also jump up to leap out of harm's way, and the child, since it is attached, will come with you, without the need for an explanation.
Megan has a harness... we designed it and fabricated it ourselves. She falls asleep on the bike all the time!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #38
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

My preferred system for carrying a young kids is the Child's Riding Belt (formerly the CRV Belt) ($129) from Child's Riding Belt Company, and imported by several retailers for the U.S. market. COLOR][/I]
i'll prolly go this route as well.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #39
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

Quote:
On the other hand, you can also jump up to leap out of harm's way, and the child, since it is attached, will come with you, without the need for an explanation.
wow, did it really say that? If a person crashes, do they really think that person can just jump up out of harm's way??? every story i've heard of people crashing is they get up after they stop moving (if they can get up at all), wondering wtf just happened.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wever411 View Post
wow, did it really say that? If a person crashes, do they really think that person can just jump up out of harm's way??? every story i've heard of people crashing is they get up after they stop moving (if they can get up at all), wondering wtf just happened.
one of my students watched a rider do a forward flip as their bike T-boned a car, dude landed on his feet past the car, and was like WTF.

i wouldn't have believed it but she said she witnessed it.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement