MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #41
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T
Re: Cop cars VS todays SS bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
they are coming out with a new squad car.. it's either a new mustang or its a charger i think... but it will have 575 HP... and all coppers (us) with have to take a defensive driving class...so you kids lookout!
if they make those it wont be in major production because who the hells gunna keep the maintance up on the car? a 575 hp modded car doesnt last long with out braking down.
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corvette Cop cars Tiller General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 07-28-2013 10:28 AM
Cars VS Bikes? Snow Taking it to the Track 23 08-31-2011 08:22 AM
cars vs bikes GreyF2 Taking it to the Track 53 04-02-2009 08:57 AM
cars vs bikes TinyCycleKat General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-14-2006 11:36 AM
19 cop cars are outside my office Greenway Smokey Off Topic 14 03-07-2006 10:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #42
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaikh01
The patrol cars are in question here. Just exactly how fast are they???

what are their engine specs????
You might want to specify which cop cars you're concerned over.

A lot of departments are dumping the Crown Vic Fords for Chebby Impalas. My Jeep is faster than those. On the other hand, some of the more well-off departments are buying Hemi'd Chargers. Those are smoking fast.
that dude that was gonna buy my sammy is an state officer working the freeway in orange and he uses a v-10 truck , dodge srt-10 and it was bought with fundage from drug raids.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:13 AM   #43
zzr03

Feedback Rating: (0)

Hey hear is a piece of advice. If you don't like cops and don't want to deal with them don't break the law, it's that easy. And next time a criminal act is performed on you, deal with it your self.

Sorry about that guys I don't think he ment for this thread to go this way, but i'm Tired of this FTP and the "i'm so badass I ran from the cops" attitude and i'm sure I speak for most of the people in the sport bike community when I say, thanks for dicking it up for the rest of us. (You "badass" know who you are )

I a lot.

Yeah so how about those Astros.....LOL :laughing6:
zzr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 02:53 AM   #44
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzr03
Hey hear is a piece of advice. If you don't like cops and don't want to deal with them don't break the law, it's that easy. And next time a criminal act is performed on you, deal with it your self.

Sorry about that guys I don't think he ment for this thread to go this way, but i'm Tired of this FTP and the "i'm so badass I ran from the cops" attitude and i'm sure I speak for most of the people in the sport bike community when I say, thanks for dicking it up for the rest of us. (You "badass" know who you are )

I a lot.

well if the cops want to stereotype the whole sportsbike community based on the few FTPers, i think it's fair to stereotype all the police as being corrupt, immoral lunatics
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:21 AM   #45
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Hey hear is a piece of advice.* If you don't like cops and don't want to deal with them don't break the law, it's that easy. And next time a criminal act is performed on you, deal with it your self.

Sorry about that guys I don't think he ment for this thread to go this way, but i'm Tired of this FTP and the "i'm so badass I ran from the cops" attitude and i'm sure I speak for most of the people in the sport bike community when I say, thanks for dicking it up for the rest of us. (You "badass" know who you are* )

I a lot.* *

Yeah so how about those Astros.....LOL* :laughing6:
+1 right:
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #46
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
Quote:

I a lot.

+1 right:
Old 09-17-2005, 02:34 PM   #47
ridebonafide

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
Quote:
Hey hear is a piece of advice.* If you don't like cops and don't want to deal with them don't break the law, it's that easy. And next time a criminal act is performed on you, deal with it your self.

Sorry about that guys I don't think he ment for this thread to go this way, but i'm Tired of this FTP and the "i'm so badass I ran from the cops" attitude and i'm sure I speak for most of the people in the sport bike community when I say, thanks for dicking it up for the rest of us. (You "badass" know who you are* )

I a lot.* *

Yeah so how about those Astros.....LOL* :laughing6:
well* if the cops want to stereotype the whole sportsbike community based on the few FTPers, i think it's fair to stereotype all the police as being corrupt, immoral lunatics
very very nice AIC. as for zz u dont speak for the biker community, as if u cant tell, we all have our own voices. FTP FTP Fzz
Old 09-18-2005, 12:50 AM   #48
zzr03

AIC you make a good point about the stereotyping, but I dont think you are getting what I am saying. Stereotyping and racism are two things that will be around until the end of time no matter how wrong and stupid they are, it's a sad fact of life. What I was trying to get across was that I think when people come on this web site and talk like that they give the site a and the people on it a bad name.

Now as for ridebonafide, I'm sure your a good person deep down under all that douchebag that just seems to shine right thru in your comments. You are right about one thing everyone does have a voice, but most think before they speak and others don't think at all. Now go ahead go put on your favorite FTP tank top,your good old flip flops on, turn your hat backwards and hit the road. See you on the next episode of The World's Dumbest Criminals.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:21 AM   #49
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeE$hi
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt
No matter how slow or fast the po-po's vehicles are... you WILL NOT outrun a radio.
...or a helicopter
true
they got away in gone in 60 seconds
Old 09-18-2005, 01:41 AM   #50
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Oh, letís not forget to learn the law and take an active roll in our communities. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:12 AM   #51
Knightrider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider

how did this go from talkin about future model squad cars (magnum & charger) to F the "FTP people"
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:30 AM   #52
zzr03

I'm not sure, just a few dumb comments I guess. :dontknow:
Old 09-18-2005, 04:37 AM   #53
sshaikh01
The guitar boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4o3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeE$hi
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt
No matter how slow or fast the po-po's vehicles are... you WILL NOT outrun a radio.
...or a helicopter
true
they got away in gone in 60 seconds* *

there are a few that away from the helicopters aswell. (not me) i don't run from the law man.
sshaikh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #54
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Ok, here's the real deal.
not all patrol vehicles are the same. your average crown vic or impala is indeed different from what you and I get to buy. changes are mostly suspension, braided lines, things to make it run cooler and handle better. they are not very fast, and need to be safe with all that in the car. when I had that job, mine tapped out at 128. but mustangs and cameros have a little more, for obvious highway use. lots of fast starts and stops, mine topped at 142.
I taught "pursuit driving school" at academies around the area for side money. many officers you see now did NOT pass the class. the class is only 40 hours, most of which s how to steer the vehicle in stressfull situations. it's very basic, not what you might imagine. they figure if you have a drivers' license you'r good enough. when and how to bust traffic lights is departmental policy.

and I agree, FTP.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #55
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

starting NOV cops will be working undercover rideing bikes to all the spots and out on the freeways witht he patrol cars looking for such forth stuff so if the cars cant catch up obviously they will have the bike with them for back up.
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #56
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.FMX
starting NOV cops will be working undercover rideing bikes to all the spots and out on the freeways witht he patrol cars looking for such forth stuff so if the cars cant catch up obviously they will have the bike with them for back up.
where did you acquire this information?
Old 09-18-2005, 06:52 PM   #57
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Maybe they are already aroud here lurking and possibly posting...!!!!!

Be aware...TRUST NO ONE ....DENY EVERYTHING....!!!!
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 PM   #58
sshaikh01
The guitar boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata
Quote:
Maybe they are already aroud here lurking and possibly posting...!!!!!

Be aware...TRUST NO ONE ....DENY EVERYTHING....!!!!
I don't doubt that for a sec.

pigs are all over the internet.
sshaikh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:40 PM   #59
Sc0
A Lemming

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'01 F4i
'03 KFX400 MX
'09 FLHT
'01 Giant NRS1

Send a message via Yahoo to Sc0

Police cars are ragged out and not maintained as well as the LEO's would like. If the car starts and the lights work the Officer might have a good day. As for the Performance packages, they don't do a bit of good for most Officers but Motorola Does as well as buddies in more cars. The Impalas are , the Crown Vics are old, the Chryslers are nice when NEW but shortly after... I think the best car would be the trucks running the 454 Rat motors but I don't think they do chases. As for some officers, stupid people loom EVERYWHERE and even on motorcycles if you can believe that. I have seen my share of corrupt/ignorant officers and will probly continue to do so in my lifetime, their is NO way to weed out the trash in any career that I know of. You can always carry a voice/camcorder and maybe file a complaint on the officer with proof but it's money out of your pocket, your time, and your ticket. (no quotas around here...)

I have heard of Harley's outrunning Helicopters and other Officers, so it can go both ways. SS bikes have the advantage if 1vs1 but the rider can't control the effects of other drivers on the road when running or the road conditions, SPLAT or ragdoll. Once again if your caught Running from Police on a motor vehicle it's a Felony, that can be devestating for some...
Sc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:47 PM   #60
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

I sense some hostility.. although i dont run... but we are all stereotyped when we are on two wheels.. so in turn our stereotypes will reflect upon them... its called human nature..

sure, i wish we werent... i wished we were not with.. but thats just fact...

there may be a few good cops, and there are a few bad cops... so its all opinionated...

FTP

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement