Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Feedback Rating: (0)

Some kind of For sale rule.....

i understand that people might want to find a good deal, i want to to, but have yall not noticed all the 2 post count people puttin stuff in the "for sale" section, how do you know to trust them?

they are sellin a bike for 3 grand, you show up cash in hand at some fake address, get robbed, get shot..... now what?

im just sayin....
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
one of a kind Motopsyko Cruisers Lounge 15 07-30-2014 04:12 PM
What kind of snake is this? cedestech Off Topic 48 03-20-2012 09:16 PM
what kind of paint... Alpinestars102 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-20-2010 10:09 AM
RC51 For Sale, ONE OF A KIND!!! Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 21 10-10-2009 12:12 AM
be kind righteous General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-27-2007 07:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Hades
Underworld

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
**05 Repsol** gone :(
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpin2Fold View Post
i understand that people might want to find a good deal, i want to to, but have yall not noticed all the 2 post count people puttin stuff in the "for sale" section, how do you know to trust them?

they are sellin a bike for 3 grand, you show up cash in hand at some fake address, get robbed, get shot..... now what?

im just sayin....

Yeah I know what you mean thats why I didnt put my bike on here that I'm selling I just decided that I would sell it to someone that I knew
Old 02-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl84 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean thats why I didnt put my bike on here that I'm selling I just decided that I would sell it to someone that I knew

It depends. You've actually been interacting with people here, and seem to want to be a part of the community. He's more referring to the people that sign up here SOLELY to post things for sale.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:14 AM   #4
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
It depends. You've actually been interacting with people here, and seem to want to be a part of the community. He's more referring to the people that sign up here SOLELY to post things for sale.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
Hades
Underworld

Bike(s):
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Quote:
I just didnt want people to think that I was just trying to sell stuff, but thats cool I sold it already and picked up a DUC
Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
I just didnt want people to think that I was just trying to sell stuff, but thats cool I sold it already and picked up a DUC
your good, you been on for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
welcome.....motohouston....aka craigslist for noobs
Old 02-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
drojas324

Bike(s):
2002 XR50 with extra stunt skills :-)

Send a message via AIM to drojas324
I feel the same way. Its funny, a while back when I wanted to sell my bike, I started contributing more and giving real contributions to the forum until I got past a good 50 posts because of the rules for selling at the time. :-) (ended up selling private anyway, BUT I got involved)

I just dont want to see the bikes for sale section become a craigslist of people you cant trust! The regular for sale section is a little different (everyone has to sell) but they should still become a contributing member first before they should be allowed to post stuff for sale.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #8
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by drojas324 View Post
I feel the same way. Its funny, a while back when I wanted to sell my bike, I started contributing more and giving real contributions to the forum until I got past a good 50 posts because of the rules for selling at the time. :-) (ended up selling private anyway, BUT I got involved)

I just dont want to see the bikes for sale section become a craigslist of people you cant trust! The regular for sale section is a little different (everyone has to sell) but they should still become a contributing member first before they should be allowed to post stuff for sale.
i dont contribute much bike info to this board, mostly just funny stuff, but im on here... talkin.... to the board, not just posting 5 post and only come on to sale stuff
Old 02-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
Hades
Underworld

Bike(s):
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

you've posted alot though 3k
Old 02-09-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
you've posted alot though 3k
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
How do you know who you should trust ? Theres a guy w/6000 + posts that me and my friend will NEVER do anymore business with again. Not giving you a price up front is crooked and is bullshit !
Old 02-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #12
drojas324

Bike(s):
2002 XR50 with extra stunt skills :-)

Send a message via AIM to drojas324
Quote:
i dont contribute much bike info to this board, mostly just funny stuff, but im on here... talkin.... to the board, not just posting 5 post and only come on to sale stuff
Yeah I hear you, but nonetheless your still contributing, and any contribution is good for this community. Ive been noticing that it seems like others have been a little annoyed about the situation as well.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #13
Hades
Underworld

Bike(s):
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILMAN View Post
How do you know who you should trust ? Theres a guy w/6000 + posts that me and my friend will NEVER do anymore business with again. Not giving you a price up front is crooked and is bullshit !
yeah your right you dont know if you can trust anyone but someone who has been on awhile is more likely to be heard than a guy with 5 post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #14
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #15
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Number of post doesn't always tell you the truth about anyone, we do know that the nunber of low post means that no one here really knows that person. Most of the time you can searh peoples post or threads they started and read what they say and get a feel for them. With next to no post you have nothing to go buy. SO in that case buyer beware. I hate it with the low post people posting , due to the fact they dont contribute to the board and motorcycle community. So why allow them to post for sale, when in all rights we have earned the right to sale something on MH

J
Old 02-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
infidel
drpickles

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

ive beeen screwed over by people wih 2000+ post counts. post count dont matter . talk to them on the phone get tracking numbers and insurance. or meet the face to face.
Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #17
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Number of post doesn't always tell you the truth about anyone, we do know that the nunber of low post means that no one here really knows that person. Most of the time you can searh peoples post or threads they started and read what they say and get a feel for them. With next to no post you have nothing to go buy. SO in that case buyer beware. I hate it with the low post people posting , due to the fact they dont contribute to the board and motorcycle community. So why allow them to post for sale, when in all rights we have earned the right to sale something on MH

J
+1

I know of one peticular user on here who sold a POS to someone without giving the correct details. Was it legal? Probably. Was it a move? Oh yeah.

where is mckee?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #18
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

The ancient Romans said, "Let the buyer beware".
You can NEVER know how a deal will turn out. I've been screwed by people, even relatives, I've known most of my life.
I've been treated fairly by people I never met. It is easier to trust someone when you have the chance to get to know them at least a little. You have SOMETHING to go on.
If it is apparent that they joined the forum only to sell something it should raise a red flag, however it doesn't mean they are gonna screw you.
Be careful, do your homework, know what you are buying and hope for the best.
Oh, and DON'T go to a bad part of town with a wad of cash in your pocket, at least not by your self.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Old 02-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #19
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

K, another way of looking at it, you should be a contributing member to post here. not just join to sale t, thats just irritating.

again, ill mod the for sale section if chris wants, id be more than happy to.

if you notice, there are some other threads in the for sale section that the poster has been a member for over 2 years with 400 post...... not a lot at all, but they have been here a while and are not only here to sale t. so i leave it be
Old 02-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #20
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

If it bugs you that someone with a low post count is selling something, then don’t buy from them. I for one don’t have any issues with it because post count doesn’t mean when it comes to matters dealing with money…
Closed Thread

Advertisement