MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Another little surgery this morning

They took one of the screws out my leg this morning. Was not to big a deal, got a morning cocktail of versad, they took the screw out and I am back home allready (probably 10g+ later!) Feelin fine too, just a little pain in my leg.

They had to remove a screw from the rod in my tibia so that my bone would start to bear some weight, rather than just the rod.

I'll get the screw in 10 days, I'll post pics then.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
oral surgery help Andros Off Topic 8 02-09-2012 08:34 AM
Anyone off tomorrow morning? Feel like riding in the morning sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 8 02-23-2011 02:10 AM
Emergency surgery this morning for my uncle, prayers needed Jay Off Topic 6 11-10-2008 01:15 PM
surgery train460 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 08-25-2006 09:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

man

hows the pain doing for you? you still on killers?

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

nice, thats good news
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

How long before you're up and running?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Knowing him he's sprinting around the block already.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
t.dubya
Senor Member

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
man

hows the pain doing for you? you still on killers?

Pain isnt too bad, nothing like it used to be. Mostly off the killers, dont take em often. Ussually only if I have alot to accomplish, over did things the day before, or just need a mental break from feeling like I am broken. They did just give me a script for 30 norcos for having the screw removed

Except for bad days and mornings I get around pretty good, even played golf a few times.

How bout you, where you at in the world of recovery? You getting around pretty good?
Old 02-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

hey man, I hhave a rod and 5 screws just over two years ago, and I still feel some pain, (to this date, i can't run :/: ) what was your particular case? I've been wondering for over a year if taking the screws out may help (fukk the rod, I'm keeping it, after watching a video on what's involved in removing it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
t.dubya
Senor Member

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
hey man, I hhave a rod and 5 screws just over two years ago, and I still feel some pain, (to this date, i can't run :/: ) what was your particular case? I've been wondering for over a year if taking the screws out may help (fukk the rod, I'm keeping it, after watching a video on what's involved in removing it)
i wrecked about 5 months ago, broke most of my right side. (leg arm ribs back) as far as my leg i got a plate on one side of my ankle and a rod through the tibia and a screw through the other side of the ankle...cant run, but am getting around pretty good. (actually I can kinda run it just looks fubared and aint much faster than walking)

as far as the screws and the rod you gotta remove the screws so that the bone starts to bear weight and not just the rod. Bones need stress (weight) on em to be healthy. ie austronauts go to space for long time and their bones get brittle because they have not been stressed due to weightlessness.

I want the rod removed eventually so that if I break my leg again it will be able to be fixed. Have only heard bad things about rod removal, have not seen the video, send it my way if you run across it again.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya View Post
Pain isnt too bad, nothing like it used to be. Mostly off the killers, dont take em often. Ussually only if I have alot to accomplish, over did things the day before, or just need a mental break from feeling like I am broken. They did just give me a script for 30 norcos for having the screw removed

Except for bad days and mornings I get around pretty good, even played golf a few times.

How bout you, where you at in the world of recovery? You getting around pretty good?
well that good man, I'm glad your doing better.

I'm def. getting better, but they took me off all the pain killers, so I can't work as long.

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement