MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
Robopath
Post Crusader

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath
Reinforced riding jeans !?

Ok so I was reading some accident case studies and scared myself out of my khaki A&F riding shorts . Decided I was going to make an honest effort to find some good mid-ground between riding pants and Jeans. I have heard of some and Ill list what I think so far after this post, but most arenít what Iím wanting. I was wondering if anyone had any killer ones.

Draggin Jeans
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbewar...gin.jeans.html
Summary: Heavy-weight jeans with a Kevlar (coupled with some other stuff) liner.
What I think: Too hot. I need something ill like to wear as well as increase my safety! On top of the weight I cant wear straight leg jeans. And I think thatís all they make.

Gas Jeans
What I hear/read: I HEARD somewhere they had some protection. What I READ didnít say anything about that. If you know for sure they do. . . this is what I want. I think they have the right idea with style and a medium protection level.

Diamond Gusset Jeans
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-jeans/
Summary: Made for riding, but I donít see any extra protection over regular jeans. Only extra feature I have found is that they have an expansion gusset in the crotch area to allow for more comfortable motor-humping.

Brosh Power Jeans
http://www.brosh.com/new/default.asp?pid=106&L=1
Summary: They are regular jeans with inserts in the knees and hips. I am sure this is good protection when you fall and roll, but I want more than just that. Plus they work with inserts, which you know are gonna feel weird.

OK ok ok. . . I just might possibly be asking too much here. I mean I want comfortable, low/medium (road rash resistant), stylish, breathable protection . . . oh yea and I want it to look good!

I just think that knowing what I DO know about the textile industry and the multitude of material available there must me something out there that Iím just not seeing. If there isnít, someone could make a million making this kind of thing for us young, risk savvy riders.

Iím in the game of understanding and courting risk. . . I ain't trying to marry the . right: