MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #21
Htownz

Member Garage

You teach it....So I guess you do have quite an incentive to make it out to be like heaven.

San Jac Central
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What friends to for other friends..WTF!? Longdraw The Circus 8 10-04-2012 04:29 PM
FRIENDS VS BIKER FRIENDS? pwned Off Topic 10 02-04-2011 07:42 PM
Texas troop send-off ride sbfuller Events, Meets and Rides 8 10-04-2009 10:09 PM
My ZX6R and a friends CBR600-RR ride pics NastyZX6R General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-15-2008 02:51 PM
outlaw, might wanna teach your friends how to ride before 1 gets killed. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 11-22-2005 06:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #22
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownz View Post
You teach it....So I guess you do have quite an incentive to make it out to be like heaven.

San Jac Central
Is this the first time you've seen a post by RacerX?

dudes got his own smiley!

All the differences I have with RacerX, he does preach the MSF dogidly and I believe he does this because he actually cares about people being safe out there.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
BuellRider

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2008 Buell 1125R, 1999 Custom Softail I built

Send a message via Yahoo to BuellRider
My opinion, if they want to prevent accidents, make ALL drivers ride a motorcycle for 2 weeks straight. Then we might have abit more respect on the road...
Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #24
Javi
Siempre positivo..

i have sold 20 or more helmets in a few months and all kinds of gear im always proud of that!! and i have my talk down when i try 2 get pll who come here 2 wear it... its all bout getting ur point across with out insulting if u really care they can tell.........
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #25
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuellRider View Post
My opinion, if they want to prevent accidents, make ALL drivers ride a motorcycle for 2 weeks straight. Then we might have abit more respect on the road...
i'll stay off the road then... MANY MANY people don't need that kind of power to weight ratio.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuellRider View Post
yup, but dude...its so hard to text, talk, put on make-up, eat, read, etc while riding a motorcycle.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #27
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i'll stay off the road then... MANY MANY people don't need that kind of power to weight ratio.
stepthrough scooters.
give them 6 horsepower and turn em loose.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #28
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Is this the first time you've seen a post by RacerX?

dudes got his own smiley!

All the differences I have with RacerX, he does preach the MSF dogidly and I believe he does this because he actually cares about people being safe out there.
Oh I can appreciate that. All I am saying is that there are some things that can possibly be improved in the course. I am most likely going to take the advanced course, since I feel that with the time spent learning where the turn signals are and such could be temendously cut down, in order to make the class more efficient overall.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #29
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
stepthrough scooters.
give them 6 horsepower and turn em loose.
my 50 has 6 hp... and there are some people that shouldn't be on that!!!... they just need a horse and buggy
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #30
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

San Jac Central
well they are way behind the times. cuz we got a new DVD in last summer? i guess it was.

heaven, no. better then learning on your own yes, better then being taught by a friend yes.

Quote:
Oh I can appreciate that. All I am saying is that there are some things that can possibly be improved in the course. I am most likely going to take the advanced course, since I feel that with the time spent learning where the turn signals are and such could be temendously cut down, in order to make the class more efficient overall.
that has alot to do w/ the instructor. that exercise is really the first one, and should have spent about 30-45min in total getting to know how bikes work.

the prob. is , is that you have all diff. levels of experience, where you may know where the controls are, somebody may have never sat on a bike before.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 02-08-2008 at 11:44 AM.
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #31
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Thats understandable. Youve gotta remember, they have to gauge the course to cover someone walking in with no motorcycle knowledge at all. The MSF could take someone from zero to licensed motorcyclist. So, those of us that went in with a basic knowledge, could easily feel like we're beyond some of the subject matter. But you've got the right idea, if you enjoyed certain aspects of the MSF, but want more advanced training, head to the ERC. I havent taken it, but have heard good things.

You could also head to a trackday or two, from what I understand you will achieve an even higher level of control and feel for your bike.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #32
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Had you ever ridden before? see I didn't even know how to turn a bike on or off and where the horn/killswitch/blinker/ and all that fun stuff was. I didnt' know about 1 down five up... lol so for me that class was awesome. oh didn't know about where the rear brake was either. Learned a lot and the money was worth it.
Granted yes, if you havent ridden before it helps. I just found those aspects should take up a smaller portion as to what we had done. And this is all from a "whether or not MSF saves lives" perspective. Got a meeting at 11.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #33
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #34
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Had you ever ridden before? see I didn't even know how to turn a bike on or off and where the horn/killswitch/blinker/ and all that fun stuff was. I didnt' know about 1 down five up... lol so for me that class was awesome. oh didn't know about where the rear brake was either. Learned a lot and the money was worth it.
lol, I'm so gay. for months before I got my first bike I would lay in bed at night and practice clutch/throttle/brake.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post

you bring up another good point that people should consider and they should probably bring up in an msf class-who you ride with. i ride with my friends, people i trust, people i know not to be stupid 120mph on the freway wheelie riding after 10 beers douchebags and guess what? not a single one of them are on motohouston.
i'm pretty sure the guy i'm talking about is on here, for sure SBM.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #36
1fasthyundai

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
05 GSXR-1000

Send a message via AIM to 1fasthyundai Send a message via Yahoo to 1fasthyundai
Quote:

San Jac Central
I just recently took this course from RACER X, I have to say I went in with very hostel feelings toward the course. I was only going to get a ticket dismissed (driving without a license) and I couldn't manage to get a bike and a car to the DMV at 6:30 and wait all day for a drive spot to get one that way. I had been ridding for around 6 months on two different bikes and thought I had it down pretty well. Admittedly after the first half a day of videos I was still pretty sure this had been a waste of time; but once the ridding began my whole perspective changed. I learned a lot and would highly recommend the course to anyone I wish I had taken it before I had started ridding it would have made for a lot smother process.
1fasthyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #37
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Racerx fanboy! JK glad your learned something.
TheMagicMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #38
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Quote:
Only thing I found valuable from MSF was SSE. Search Scan and Evaluate. All these hours spent on "find the throttle" or "find the brake" was really annoying. That and watching those movies from the 80s like in defensive driving. But overall the affect of hearing an Instructor tell you not to be a dumb a$$ on the road was helpfull, psychologically.
I remember when I took the MSF there were a few that couldn't locate the brake, clutch, etc and looked like they had never riden a bicycle before. In fact two of them got sent home for sucking so bad.

There were a couple that had just bought a GSXR750 and never riden before. One dude couldn't keep the Ninja 250 in a stright line. Dropped it a few time.

Before I got there I asked if I could use my bike and not one of theirs. Louis said sure but we are not responsible for anything that happens like others running into you. Glad I didn't use mine because a couple of them were bouncing around like pin off each other.

MSF does help.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #39
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i'll disagree w/ that. taking MSF does prevent alot of accidents.
wrong dude may prevent some not all put your feet on the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):