MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Meaner and I maybe saved a man's life

But we don't know what happened with him after we left, so maybe- just by chance somebody on here knows him. He's an older man- probably in his late 70's-80's, drives a black Ford F250- has some stickers of mules or donkeys on the back windshield.

We came up on him on the freeway going about 10 mph. People were honking and going arond him. But when we passed him we realized he was slumped over in his seat and he hit the wall, and was actually following the wall. We stopped and waited for him to pass us on the exit, then after much anger from other drivers who just wanted to go around him, we finally got behind him again- intending to follow him. Then we realized he was not driving the truck, but the truck was just drifting to the right- headed for a huge ditch.

Toni stopped the car and we ran after the truck- I got to the driver's side and he noticed me and punched the brake with his left foot (stroke, maybe?), and Meaner jumped in the passenger side and put the truck in park and turned it off. When I asked if he was ok, he only replied that he thought he was.

Then he got angry at us. He couldn't or wouldn't tell his name. Refused help from the EMS. He didn't know he had hit the wall, and he couldn't get his seatbelt off. He was obviously very confused, but very angry. He also kept trying to drive, but his front passenger tire was flat. Anyway, because he had been involved in an accident the police were called and he didn't have a choice but to be treated. We left after the officer talked to us.

Does anybody know anything about him? :/:

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tuan saved the day he is the man!!! Tbean311 Moto Insurance 1 08-17-2013 07:36 PM
Riders down: Meaner-n-u & guitar man tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 105 07-06-2009 02:12 PM
Trucker who saved biker's life last week, recognized! Hiro General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 06-13-2007 05:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
But we don't know what happened with him after we left, so maybe- just by chance somebody on here knows him. He's an older man- probably in his late 70's-80's, drives a black Ford F250- has some stickers of mules or donkeys on the back windshield.

We came up on him on the freeway going about 10 mph. People were honking and going arond him. But when we passed him we realized he was slumped over in his seat and he hit the wall, and was actually following the wall. We stopped and waited for him to pass us on the exit, then after much anger from other drivers who just wanted to go around him, we finally got behind him again- intending to follow him. Then we realized he was not driving the truck, but the truck was just drifting to the right- headed for a huge ditch.

Toni stopped the car and we ran after the truck- I got to the driver's side and he noticed me and punched the brake with his left foot (stroke, maybe?), and Meaner jumped in the passenger side and put the truck in park and turned it off. When I asked if he was ok, he only replied that he thought he was.

Then he got angry at us. He couldn't or wouldn't tell his name. Refused help from the EMS. He didn't know he had hit the wall, and he couldn't get his seatbelt off. He was obviously very confused, but very angry. He also kept trying to drive, but his front passenger tire was flat. Anyway, because he had been involved in an accident the police were called and he didn't have a choice but to be treated. We left after the officer talked to us.

Wow, good job guys.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

. good on ya' ma'am.
Its hard to understand all the people that just ignore things like things.
It takes a strong person to actually help.

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Khaki shirt.

Last edited by less_than_coop; 02-08-2008 at 08:46 AM.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Good job. Most people just ignore these things and keep going. Way to take action...whether he was appreciative or not...I'm sure his family would be!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

diabetic issues, stroke, anything's possible. good job.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post

You guys did a good thing!

As far as the guy, he may have had a stroke, a seizure, been stoned or drunk. :dontknow:
He may have also not wanted to have the police come out for other reasons.

Reminds me of when Martin, myself and another rider stopped for an older guy who wrecked his bike at the light in front of us.
He had smacked his head pretty good, (no helmet) and he had a deep gash in it.

He resisted letting us or the EMT's help him when they arrived. He was very insistent to not call the police, who of course were on their way.
Long story short, he was a convicted child molestor, and was violating his probation by drinking.:/:

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
You guys did a good thing!

As far as the guy, he may have had a stroke, a seizure, been stoned or drunk. :dontknow:
He may have also not wanted to have the police come out for other reasons.

Reminds me of when Martin, myself and another rider stopped for an older guy who wrecked his bike at the light in front of us.
He had smacked his head pretty good, (no helmet) and he had a deep gash in it.

He resisted letting us or the EMT's help him when they arrived. He was very insistent to not call the police, who of course were on their way.
Long story short, he was a convicted child molestor, and was violating his probation by drinking.:/:
Should've let that scum die on the street, I think child molesters should be dunked upside down in hydrochloric acid
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #8
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily triumph View Post
Should've let that scum die on the street, I think child molesters should be dunked upside down in hydrochloric acid
that would be slightly uncomfortable.

Back to the original post, my dad is one of those people that gets really grouchy when it comes to medical issues, or uncomfort. I feel sorry for the nurses last week. He may have just been confused and hurting :dontknow:
Old 02-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Okay - The man was NOT drunk. We believe he didn't know his own name. There could have been a previous wreck (The left side of his truck was scraped with white paint - but we only saw him hit on the right.)

What we really want to know is if anyone knew or knows this story and can let us know the outcome?

So - I have a question for all you who scream past people on the side of the road - while honking or shooting the 1 finger salute - what goes through your head? Why don't you look to see if that person needs help and is what you are racing towards more important than a persons life?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

!!! Check you two out

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

When Toni told me the story I could not believe how indifferent and uncaring that a number of people like that can be. I am glad that my wife and her sis are better than that.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #12
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Bike(s):
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
!!! Check you two out

Ummm... Most guys do! (Off TOPIC!)

Plus who knows what we looked like chasing after that truck in heels. Squoddy was actually wear a skirt and heels!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #13
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Angry Old man
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
^I blew by a lady one time on an over pass all angry honked my horn... (she was in a bmw so I figured she was a snob). well I seen once I passed her she had a flat and was pulling over. So I made a uturn at the next exit, came around and changed her tire. She was so happy to see someone pull over. I of course said sorry for being a jerk.
That was a good thing to do. At least you knew to do the right thing even after the fact.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #15
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

SUPER HERO SISTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #16
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
^I blew by a lady one time on an over pass all angry honked my horn... (she was in a bmw so I figured she was a snob). well I seen once I passed her she had a flat and was pulling over. So I made a uturn at the next exit, came around and changed her tire. She was so happy to see someone pull over. I of course said sorry for being a jerk.
I've changed so many tires for other people. Sometimes I really dont want to, but end up stopping to help anyway. I always just think "what if that was my Mom, or Grandmother."

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #17
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Bike(s):
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Angry Old man

He reminded Squoddy of our Grandma in the beginning stages of Altzheimers. Angry because he couldn't remember or didn't know.

He actually slapped my hand when I tried to remove his keys from the ignition. He may have thought we were trying to steal his truck. We felt and feel very sad for him. We also hope he is okay today.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Yea I stop for women and old people. If it is a man with a flat, he can change his own. Only bad one I have had is one old man said he set his brake and didn't and the truck landed on my chest.

But in answer to your question Toni, I try and help if it looks like they need it.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #19
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

MEANER?? are u sure?
jk
Good job guys
Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #20
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily triumph View Post
I do too, unfortunately the cop didn't know till after the guy was loaded into the ambulance.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement