Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






you consider a few weeks "a while"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeviousdavex View Post
Hey motohouston members... .my name is Dave and I just purchased a bike a couple days ago.... i just wanted to introduce myself and wanted to get to know some people from here... see you guys around....

Dave
dated 1/23

when do most new riders crash?
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Akrapovic Exhaust for 2009 CBR600RR Bevo How To's and Q & A's 5 05-11-2009 07:18 AM
R1 full race exhaust Predator04 Performance and Modifications 7 08-28-2008 11:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #22
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeviousdavex View Post
my bad... haha... i have taken the MSF back in June of 06 and i bought an 06 GSXR 750.... i am a student at UofH and live in NW Houston... thanks for the welcomes..

dave
I guessed he had a ride since the MSF...

It ain't just new riders that crash, either.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #23
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

when do most new riders crash?
?
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #24
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
you consider a few weeks "a while"

dated 1/23

when do most new riders crash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
?
The first time they ride outside of their means/abilities.
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #25
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






ok, let me help you.

they usually crash in months 6-8.

now ask any dealer off the sportbikes, he sells how many does he see back in his shop within months crashed, OFTEN, insurace says more the 90+% are crashed/totalled.

so what are the odds a new rider w/ a sportbike is NOT GOING TO CRASH. slim to none. so why buy an exhaust when odds are your gonna crash and have to replace it again.


damm the reality!!!!
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #26
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 4,064

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR









that's all good and fine x, but who's to say this is the 90% or the 10%?

Give the man advice on the question he asked. Don't rag him for his experience, lack thereof, or ignorance of the question at hand.

If he asked "what should I spend my $1200 on?" I would have been the first in line 'brakes, tires, and trackday' But let's face it, no one wants to hear about that. They want what looks cool, what goes fast, and sounds the neatest.
If the world didn't work that way, we'd all be riding sv's and vfrs
__________________
Support your site sponsors!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #27
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,335

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
If the world didn't work that way, we'd all be riding sv's
and the world would be a much better place.

+ you shoulod see the look on 600+ and 1000 owners faces when you burn past them on the short striaght and corners at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on an naked SV!
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #28
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












full race systems usually go for peak hp and kill your midrange so I don't se the point in getting the full race system for street use other than for saying "Yeah dude I have a full race system."
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #29
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
that's all good and fine x, but who's to say this is the 90% or the 10%?

Give the man advice on the question he asked. Don't rag him for his experience, lack thereof, or ignorance of the question at hand.

If he asked "what should I spend my $1200 on?" I would have been the first in line 'brakes, tires, and trackday' But let's face it, no one wants to hear about that. They want what looks cool, what goes fast, and sounds the neatest.
If the world didn't work that way, we'd all be riding sv's and vfrs
who's ragging? your the one who kept on w/ his experience or lack thereoff.

if i gave the answers people wanted to here, i'd be like the rest of you sheep. i'll tell him/whoever the reality, whether you want to hear or head the info, we're all big kids here, make informed decisions.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #30
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
full race systems usually go for peak hp and kill your midrange so I don't se the point in getting the full race system for street use other than for saying "Yeah dude I have a full race system."

Ya think?
alan

Full akro/custom map vs. stock Ti header w/SET valve in place and working/slip on.

No loss of power ANYWHERE.
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #31
xdeviousdavex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWC
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 183

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
06' GSXR 750









well....thanks 07slvrcbr for the info.... racerx, i know i am fairly new, but i do have the gear, i have taken the msf, and i rode many bikes, even though i havnt owned one. i know that i am still not a pro at riding and i do see your reasoning for me waiting until i am more experienced.... i have a some extra money and dont care to much for the looks of the factory exhaust....i just wanted some info bc the akra full exhaust is $725 brand new and a yoshi trc is $580 brand new for only the slip on, thats why i was leaning towards the akra (only $145 difference).... thanks again everyone for the info.... later


dave

Last edited by xdeviousdavex; 02-11-2008 at 01:06 PM.
xdeviousdavex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #32
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









mods whoring threads in 'performance and modifications forum'
__________________
freak20brothers



Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #33
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeviousdavex View Post
well....thanks 07slvrcbr for the info.... racerx, i know i am fairly new, but i do have the gear, i have taken the msf, and i rode many bikes, even though i havnt owned one. i know that i am still not a pro at riding and i do see your reasoning for me waiting until i am more experienced.... i have a some extra money and dont care to much for the looks of the factory exhaust....i just wanted some info bc the akra full exhaust is $725 brand new and a yoshi trc is $580 brand new for only the slip on, thats why i was leaning towards the akra (only $145 difference).... thanks again everyone for the info.... later


dave
well if thats the case, get a slip-on and sign up for a trackday.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #34
Nox
 
Nox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: over that way...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)



are you going to be racing with your race exhaust? you wont appreciate a full race exhaust sys. on the street. if im right a race exhuast system is designed to be used on track where you keep the rpms waaaay up there the whole time youre riding the bike. i doubt you often see anything above 8 or 9k on the street. go with slipons and a PC III. have Motorcycles Unlimited tune your bike as well. you cant go wrong there.
__________________

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #35
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Ya think?
alan

Full akro/custom map vs. stock Ti header w/SET valve in place and working/slip on.

No loss of power ANYWHERE.
seems to me at street rpms they were the same. Can't see buying the system when majority of the time you'll be where they are equal. that's just me though. but if this cat has the extra green to spend hey why not.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #36
xdeviousdavex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWC
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 183

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
06' GSXR 750









thanks again guys... i am bidding on a yoshi trc carbon s/o for 385 used with a little scratch..... hopefully i win it, and if so would you still recommend getting a pc3 for a slipon?
thanks

dave
xdeviousdavex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #37
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,335

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeviousdavex View Post
thanks again guys... i am bidding on a yoshi trc carbon s/o for 385 used with a little scratch..... hopefully i win it, and if so would you still recommend getting a pc3 for a slipon?
thanks

dave
no need save your $$$ on gear/trackdays/drinking
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #38
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
no need save your $$$ on gear/trackdays/drinking
+1
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #39
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








$725 for a full akro race system that is new is a STEAL....you would be dumb to not buy it.......A slip on adds nothing for power yet is only $145 cheaper?...UMMM NO....

Don't buy into all the "experience" BS either.....not everyone is into track days or learning to be Matt Mladin. Some of us just want to cruise on the street, have a good looking, good sounding bike that accelerates hard....

Ride smart, ride safe and within your skill level and you will be fine....>RESPECT THE BIKE.... That extra 10hp isn't gonna kill you...
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #40
xdeviousdavex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWC
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 183

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
06' GSXR 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
$725 for a full akro race system that is new is a STEAL....you would be dumb to not buy it.......A slip on adds nothing for power yet is only $145 cheaper?...UMMM NO....

Don't buy into all the "experience" BS either.....not everyone is into track days or learning to be Matt Mladin. Some of us just want to cruise on the street, have a good looking, good sounding bike that accelerates hard....

Ride smart, ride safe and within your skill level and you will be fine....>RESPECT THE BIKE.... That extra 10hp isn't gonna kill you...

thanks zxalan for seeing my reasoning for buying an exhaust..... thats the main use i want it for, looks, sound....
xdeviousdavex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy