MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #21
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
you have a cheap daycare, cuz mine cost $520 a mos. and i consider my place cheap.

and yeah, C/S sucks but your responsibilities to your child don't stop if your laid off.

these are things you need to think about before getting divorced.

and G/L w/ the job.
Dang.....when I was here in houston a couple months ago, I was paying 220/wk, but I have a youngin, so maybe thats why. Kids'r'kids.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Child Support not going out due to shutdown xxjarrodxx Off Topic 19 10-21-2013 01:44 PM
Child support Lokati Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 17 03-02-2011 05:48 PM
child support lawyer train460 Off Topic 9 08-19-2008 03:58 PM
Child Support = Legalized Theft? andre3k Off Topic 14 07-23-2007 01:34 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
you have a cheap daycare, cuz mine cost $520 a mos. and i consider my place cheap.

and yeah, C/S sucks but your responsibilities to your child don't stop if your laid off.

these are things you need to think about before getting divorced.

and G/L w/ the job.
Dude you made you point you dont have to be mean about it Gosh caint you be nice even once we are not talking about MSF
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #23
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Harsh but true, Racer said what I wanted to say. Part of being divorced. Its all for the kids (even though it doesn't always go to them) so thats just how it is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
Drumboy
Senior Member
 
Drumboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,075

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R








Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
you have a cheap daycare, cuz mine cost $520 a mos. and i consider my place cheap.

and yeah, C/S sucks but your responsibilities to your child don't stop if your laid off.

these are things you need to think about before getting divorced.

and G/L w/ the job.
I know it's cheap. She lives in Crosby and it's cheap out there.

I know my responsibilities don't stop, but in this case my responsibilities are determined by my income. If I have no income for a while, I feel they should go down. I don't think it's fair that I have to normally pay so much but I'm not complaining about that.

It would take more money than this for me to live the next 16 years of my life unhappy.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #25
Drumboy
Senior Member
 
Drumboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,075

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R








Thanks for the info everyone, I gotta drive to Crosby now to pick my daughter up.

It is worth it.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #26
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumboy View Post
Thanks for the info everyone, I gotta drive to Crosby now to pick my daughter up.

It is worth it.
There ya go, good luck with the whole situation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #27
issanni
assfault
 
issanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,006

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
GL with the situation.....

looks like I might be filing for a modification to my C/S later in '08.....we'll see what the lawyer says though...
__________________
- Whip
assfault = my , my fault
issanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #28
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,269

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





yes i know about child support

you **** her she pop a child you pay her easy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #29
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!
 
matemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosharon
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,070

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out



Member Garage


There is nothing more evil on this earth than a woman's scorn.
GL!
__________________
Slow is smooth..smooth is fast
matemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #30
txferrari
Banned
 
txferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,090

Experience: 10+ years











User is banned

.
txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #31
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!
 
matemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosharon
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,070

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
The last thing she will do is take me to court.
Bisches can be so scandalous though, atleast the ones I've come across!
__________________
Slow is smooth..smooth is fast
matemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #32
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Man, Im sorry, I feel ya.

Thats why...In my situation...when I got my sons mom pregnant, I manned up right away. She has no ammunition. I pay her $1100 a month right now when I don't really have to. She stays quiet and we go about our business.

Plus, I cover her car note here and there and buy her groceries when she's stuggling. The last thing she will do is take me to court.
i wouldn;t bet on that.

IMO get everything in writing and legal. cuz 1 day she might want more and more. and if she can prove you've paid over and above she may be able to get more.

and i believe in child support to a point, sounds like your ex can sit at home and surf the net all day while your kids in daycare. that ain't right.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #33
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Man, Im sorry, I feel ya.

Thats why...In my situation...when I got my sons mom pregnant, I manned up right away. She has no ammunition. I pay her $1100 a month right now when I don't really have to. She stays quiet and we go about our business.

Plus, I cover her car note here and there and buy her groceries when she's stuggling. The last thing she will do is take me to court.
Man, I thought mine was alot at $1k/month. She demanded that much, and I just didn't want to fight. I didn't want the divorce, either, for the sake of my daughter, but apparantly my ex didn't support my efforts to have my own business, and didn't appreciate the consequential drop in income. So she wanted me to pay 20% of what I "should have been making". I said "Fine. Whatever". I didn't go after any of the $80k in her 401k, but she had no problem demanding $110k out of me. All about money.

It's tough, but I do it. As said before, you need to go to the Judge to make any changes to the Decree/Court Order.

Sometimes we have no choice when the other party wants the divorce, and sometimes it's not just an issue of "manning up" when the amount we are paying is more than 20%. My ex lives in a sub $400k home, drives a $45k Lexus, while I struggle to keep my house, and had to buy a '95 Galant for $1k (although I admit, that's because I'd rather spend on my bike, than a car).

If you continue to pay that $1100/month, then for some reason beyond your control, you take a temporary drop in income, she can continue to demand that $1100 each month, and the court may agree. My ex still reminds me that I still owe her $10k.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #34
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!
 
matemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rosharon
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,070

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
My ex lives in a sub $400k home, drives a $45k Lexus, while I struggle to keep my house, and had to buy a '95 Galant for $1k
That kinda stuff me off!!!
__________________
Slow is smooth..smooth is fast
matemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #35
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
hey i got to add this.

if your paying any type of child support that wasnt required by a court order...

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROOF OF EVERY PENNY.

a mother with custody can take the money you give her for years, and then all the sudden out of the blue, she can decide to take you to court. it may be out of greed, hate, stupidity, or someone talking her into it.

if she does so, she may also try to fight for back child support. remember all those years you handed her cash? never happened. even if you gave her money as a check or some other means, if it doesnt say "child support" on it, she can say that you were paying her for something else.

you could even have years worth of money order slips paid out to her, but unless it is explicitly stated for child support you MAY HAVE TO PAY ALL THAT MONEY AGAIN!

when filing for child support she can file for back child support, if you dont have clear as day records stating you allready paid it, it didnt count. this may depend on the judge as well, and the lawyers involved.

i have heard of it happening to a few good dads, who volenteered the money to a stupid ****hole, and she took advantage of him in a major way.

as a matter of fact, if you arent paying child support through the courts, you MIGHT WANT TO START. i know it sounds crazy, but consider it. might or might not be right in your situation, but give it a thought.
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #36
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,269

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Dude you made you point you dont have to be mean about it Gosh caint you be nice even once we are not talking about MSF

lmao remember racer x thinks we all ar tarded but him lmao

i never ask a question to that guy for same reason
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #37
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
hey i got to add this.

if your paying any type of child support that wasnt required by a court order...

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROOF OF EVERY PENNY.

a mother with custody can take the money you give her for years, and then all the sudden out of the blue, she can decide to take you to court. it may be out of greed, hate, stupidity, or someone talking her into it.

if she does so, she may also try to fight for back child support. remember all those years you handed her cash? never happened. even if you gave her money as a check or some other means, if it doesnt say "child support" on it, she can say that you were paying her for something else.

you could even have years worth of money order slips paid out to her, but unless it is explicitly stated for child support you MAY HAVE TO PAY ALL THAT MONEY AGAIN!

when filing for child support she can file for back child support, if you dont have clear as day records stating you allready paid it, it didnt count. this may depend on the judge as well, and the lawyers involved.

i have heard of it happening to a few good dads, who volenteered the money to a stupid ****hole, and she took advantage of him in a major way.

as a matter of fact, if you arent paying child support through the courts, you MIGHT WANT TO START. i know it sounds crazy, but consider it. might or might not be right in your situation, but give it a thought.
+1

Take note of this, txferrari. Make sure that $1100/month you're paying her says "Child Support". Texas is a very conservative State, and you as the father, do not hold the cards.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #38
Radar
Senior Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,045


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR









This may be a shot in the dark, but if BM is really greatful to you putting her through med school and/or just wants to be nice to you - go ahead and pay as required through the system, and if BM wants, she can give you back some of the money each month after she receives it from the authorities. This is a legal alternative - no lawyer required, but BM has to be s sweetie to do this one. Good Luck
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #39
blaqqwarrior
R.I.P. Coach....
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nawf ' Side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 92

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
02 cbr 954rr









Send a message via Yahoo to blaqqwarrior
Yeah, the child support drama is extremely crazy, ESPECIALLY if your BM is either of these: Crazy, Messy, Stupid, Bitchy, A , Greedy, Selfish, etc. I myself was in a similar boat, dealing with a chick who had ALL the above. We were together for about five years, she already had two kids, but it was cool, treated them like they were mine and kept it moving. Long story, she got preggers toward the end of the relationship, I was there all nine months, was there in the hospital cuttin' cords and , , even signed the cert saying I was the father. Fast forward: the baby's now two years old when we break up. Not a problem, I start paying her about three hundred-fifty to four hundred every two weeks for a couple months. Well, the greedy, scandoulous leech decides that I'm not paying enough, and takes me to court. While I'm there, standing in front of the judge, a thought comes to mind. Before I agree to fork over more of my cash, maybe I should get a DNA test. At first, the attorney general ( who was a extradinarily(sp) obese woman who looked like she never met a buffet table she couldn't clear) didn't want to give it to me based on the fact that I signed the birth cert, and I was there, and so forth, section a, paragraph 45495944, line infinity, etc, etc. But the judge allowed me to in the end, and guess what? The little girl was not even MINE. WTF. And then on top of that, I had to go back to court to determine if I even wanted the little girl to have my last name. But I was too heart broken and didn't show. Moral of the story. If she is not a keeper, do not seed her! Keep that wrapped up! Trust me, its your last line of defense!
blaqqwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #40
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






So... Child support.

IMO the only way to get out of paying is to get custody. Shouldn't be too hard with her working 80+ hours a week and on call the others. Take her back to court. Then you get to pay for everything.

Just MO- again- I have a different situation myself. Your kids are worth every penny you earn.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy