MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Arrow Two different stories, two happy endings. Lol!

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A would-be robber was shot and killed by the person he was trying to rob in the parking lot of a grocery store in southeast Houston.
Investigators told Eyewitness News the would-be robber had the tables turned on him when the person he was trying to rob pulled out his own gun and shot the man.
It was just after 10pm last night when the victim told police he pulled into the parking lot at the H-E-B in the Gulfgate shopping center on Winkler near the Gulf Freeway. Tha'ts when a man walked up to his car and pointed a gun at him. What the robber didn't know is the man had a gun and he retaliated with gunfire.
"He had just parked and as he was about to get out the car, the guy came up to his door," said Sgt. Robert Odom with the Houston Police Department.
"Do you know if he was going to carjack him?" we asked.
"I don't know. He told him to get back in. I don't know what he was planning to do at that point, if he was planning on taking the truck or if he was just going to rob him," said Sgt. Odom.
The would-be robber was shot several times. He tried to get away by jumping into a car that was parked nearby. However, he fell out of the car and later died.
Police did arrest the driver of the car and believe he may be the second suspect in the case.

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The owner of an office supply business shot and killed a would-be thief.
It happened on Reveille and Bradford in southeast Houston. The owner heard someone trying to get into his business at midnight. He went outside with a gun and caught a man trying to steal a trailer parked behind his business.
The would-be thief then tried to run over the business owner with his truck and the business owner fired back through the truck's rear window.
Despite being shot, the suspect kept driving his truck for three blocks until he fell out of his truck and died on the road.
Police officers also found tires in the back of that truck, which may have been stolen.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
knicks fans not happy lol silverfudge Sports 5 06-26-2015 09:18 PM
"LOL texting while on patrol in my motorcycle what u doin? LOL full uniform 2 Ready darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 06-28-2013 08:24 AM
Thieving stories Squoddybody Off Topic 34 02-28-2012 11:36 AM
Arrest Stories Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 21 08-03-2010 06:30 PM
happy man vs happy woman (lol) Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 8 08-11-2006 10:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

YES!!!!! i'll be getting my CHL soon and Kristin will be getting hers and a pistol
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Armed citizens FTW!!!!

I guarantee that at this rate the criminals will start thinking twice!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A would-be robber was shot and killed by the person he was trying to rob in the parking lot of a grocery store in southeast Houston.
Investigators told Eyewitness News the would-be robber had the tables turned on him when the person he was trying to rob pulled out his own gun and shot the man.
It was just after 10pm last night when the victim told police he pulled into the parking lot at the H-E-B in the Gulfgate shopping center on Winkler near the Gulf Freeway. Tha'ts when a man walked up to his car and pointed a gun at him. What the robber didn't know is the man had a gun and he retaliated with gunfire.
"He had just parked and as he was about to get out the car, the guy came up to his door," said Sgt. Robert Odom with the Houston Police Department.
"Do you know if he was going to carjack him?" we asked.
"I don't know. He told him to get back in. I don't know what he was planning to do at that point, if he was planning on taking the truck or if he was just going to rob him," said Sgt. Odom.
The would-be robber was shot several times. He tried to get away by jumping into a car that was parked nearby. However, he fell out of the car and later died.
Police did arrest the driver of the car and believe he may be the second suspect in the case.

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The owner of an office supply business shot and killed a would-be thief.
It happened on Reveille and Bradford in southeast Houston. The owner heard someone trying to get into his business at midnight. He went outside with a gun and caught a man trying to steal a trailer parked behind his business.
The would-be thief then tried to run over the business owner with his truck and the business owner fired back through the truck's rear window.
Despite being shot, the suspect kept driving his truck for three blocks until he fell out of his truck and died on the road.
Police officers also found tires in the back of that truck, which may have been stolen.
and i just caught this, what do you mean 2 happy endings... i thought you were against shooting people?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
and i just caught this, what do you mean 2 happy endings... i thought you were against shooting people?
I completely agree with both of them because of the fact that their lives were at some point (second seeing as the guy was trying to run him over) were in danger. I believe in protecting yourself, your family, your property, etc. But not going out and trying to be Chuck Norris and save the day. Not that I am completely agaisnt if there was a close tie with a neighbor and there was an official agreement to protect the house especially if someone is in there.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

I know if I see someone in danger and I have the ability to help then I would not hesitate to do so but if someone is stealing a tv, I'll call the cops. You can't be a vigilante every time.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I love the new castle law. I don't have a chl but I can still carry my pistol in the truck/motorcycle with me. I don't need to carry it on my person, I am happy having it with me.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
abelrob

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa

abelrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #10
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

great news........one less piece of scum roaming around
Old 02-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

i sent this story to my dad and he wrote this back, just FYI... and this happened up north of Dallas, in Denton

Last week the owner of the Eskimo Hut on Sunset next to Denton County Independent Hamburger was closing up and took the days money to his car. He was confronted by a robber. The owner pulled his weapon but the robber took it away from him and shot him point blank in the chest. The robber ran away without taking any money and the owner was able to call 911 before passing out. Our medics arrived to find him in agonal respirations and barely alive. They took him to the hospital parking lot and met Careflight which took him to a trauma center. At this point he is still alive but is in a coma and they are not sure if he will ever wake up. The jest of this story is just because you have a weapon, you still have to be extremely aware of your surroundings so that nobody can get the jump on you.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
i sent this story to my dad and he wrote this back, just FYI... and this happened up north of Dallas, in Denton

Last week the owner of the Eskimo Hut on Sunset next to Denton County Independent Hamburger was closing up and took the days money to his car. He was confronted by a robber. The owner pulled his weapon but the robber took it away from him and shot him point blank in the chest. The robber ran away without taking any money and the owner was able to call 911 before passing out. Our medics arrived to find him in agonal respirations and barely alive. They took him to the hospital parking lot and met Careflight which took him to a trauma center. At this point he is still alive but is in a coma and they are not sure if he will ever wake up. The jest of this story is just because you have a weapon, you still have to be extremely aware of your surroundings so that nobody can get the jump on you.
sad story but 100% true. Prolly good to have some space between you and the assailant.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #13
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

has it always been like this, or has it gone up since castle, and as other see people killing more follow.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #14
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:

Just 'cause you have a gun don't mean .
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #15
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Nice.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

I would think the people who did the firing/killing will get in some trouble because they themselves weren't actually threatened. But none the less, good endings for the GOOD guys.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #17
maskale

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

^

law has changed, they both happened at night

first case: "Tha'ts when a man walked up to his car and pointed a gun at him." Therefore he could be legally shot.

second: "The would-be thief then tried to run over the business owner with his truck and the business owner fired back through the truck's rear window."
Again this one was threatened with deadly actions.

the way I see.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
maskale

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY § 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property. (b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and: (1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or (2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor. Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994. § 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property: (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary: (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and (3) he reasonably believes that: (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #19
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
I would think the people who did the firing/killing will get in some trouble because they themselves weren't actually threatened. But none the less, good endings for the GOOD guys.
Clearly Sir, you are drunk! If someone puts a gun in your face, that's not a threat? If someone tries to run you over with their truck, is that not threatening your life?
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #20
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
Clearly Sir, you are drunk! If someone puts a gun in your face, that's not a threat? If someone tries to run you over with their truck, is that not threatening your life?

Advertisement