MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #121
cjstephe812

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2003 Honda Superhawk 996
2004 CRF Fiddy (stunt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjstephe812 View Post
Congrats on catching the guys and I'm glad to hear that you and the bike are ok. Also, good call on NOT shooting them (as much as some are saying.... well if it was my bike I would have shot them). You would have potentially subjected yourself to lots of time with the D.A., money spent on lawyers, time away from work.... to justify what you did.

Yes it is YOUR property and no one should be able to take it from you; however, unless your life was in danger, a grand jury might look differently on shooting these two dirtbags than the rest of us. (Remember, someone out there still loves those two scumbags and would have most likely tried to sue you for killling their crackhead love ones.)
I believe the discussion started to head in the wrong direction with my comment this morning in response to SIXSHOOTER1125's confrontation with the 2 guys who attempted to steal his bike. I was NOT trying to jack the thread or turn it into a anti-gun arguement. So with that being said, please let me try and clarify a few things:

1. Again, I am no was defending the scumbags that were trying to steal SIXSHOOTER1125's bike. I'd be hella- if I ever caught anyone messing with my bike, car, whatever.......... and yes I would have thoughts of blasting them or giving them a serious asswhooping. I know the feeling as I had 2 complete stereo systems stolen out of my car when I used to live in an apartment a number of yrs ago.

2. I am not against guns and protecting yourself or your property. I own many guns that I enjoy for different reasons including hunting, tactical shooting competition, target practice, and most importantly for MY PERSONAL PROTECTION AND THE PROTECTION OF MY WIFE AND STEP-DAUGHTER. My wife and I both have our TX CHL, and do carry concealed daily everywhere that we are legally allowed to carry. Also, just because I have my CHL does not mean that I go place that I would not have gone to before I had it. I don't go to the gas station in the 'hood for beer. The guys dealing around the corner don't know that I have a gun and more importantly don't care. They will still rob or kill me if I have something they want.

3. I am NOT against the death penalty and I do not feel sorry for people who steal, rob, kill..... and are in prison or on death row because of how they were raised, or who they got involved with, or because they are a crackhead.

That all being said, the points I was trying get across were:

1. Had SIXSHOOTER1125 shot one or both of them in the situation as described, he most likely would have opened himself up to an investigation to determine that the shooting was justified. Even if it was, he would want an attorney to represent him which equals wasting way more money & time than what theft insurance or what a garage would had cost. (Yes, I understand that he was not able to get a garage.)

2. Let's assume that SIXSHOOTER1125 had shot one or both and the shooting was justified, if they had lived they may come back to retaliate or a friend, relative, fellow thug might do it for them if they were killed.

3. What if SIXSHOOTER1125 had started shooting and he and the 2 guys got into a Terminator-style shootout within the apartment complex. It would be tragic if an innocent bystander were killed, or a bullet went through a wall killing a child, or whatever..There are simply way too many "what if" scenarios for a shootout.

4. Finally, had SIXSHOOTER1125 killed one or both of these guys, he would have to live with it forever in his mind.

I look at the situation like this: if it were me in this situation, the bike could be replaced, and I would most likely stay alive and so would all the neighbors by staying or retreating to a safe place and getting an excellent description of the two guys and truck.

However, if someone ever attempts to rape, attack, or assault, my wife or step-daughter, or tries to attack me, I will unloaded the clip in my gun and then reloaded my second clip which I carry and let those Winchester hollow-points fly as well.

Sorry for the long message and again I'm glad that SIXSHOOTER1125 is safe, he did not have his bike stolen, and that the Police caught the guys. <EOM>
Bike Thief Caught at LSR Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 11-13-2014 08:49 PM
What would you do if you caught someone sitting on your bike? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-21-2011 10:02 AM
caught bike thieves in action!!! jisatsuguy General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 06-25-2009 07:29 PM
Repost alert.... bike crash... Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 05-23-2007 01:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2008, 12:32 AM   #122
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

Ya know,

If Fiddy Cent wants to pull your bike, a garage is a minor inconvenience... Yes, it's another physical barrier but a mudda phucka needs his fix, and if your bike is the means to obtain the next bag of rocks, it's going to be war.
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #123
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife

Get yah some!!!

They got what they deserved!!!

A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #124
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

[QUOTE=cjstephe812;999747]
I look at the situation like this:if it were me in this situation, the bike could be replaced, and I would most likely stay alive and so would all the neighbors by staying or retreating to a safe place and getting an excellent description of the two guys and truck.
[QUOTE]

Yes. You can do that and leave it to the LEO's to do all the work for you. Although why dont you try telling that to caligonetx who was hit by a truck and the illegal alien ran. We had an excellent description of the guy/truck/tags everything. I personally chased the guy down for miles while he used the shoulder to pass and blew through stop sign and red lights @ 100+. I followed the guy to a house even and not knowing what he would do I kept my distance and we called the cops back to the scene. WHICH TOOK 45 FREAKIN MINUTES!! So by the time we came back to the house. DUH! The truck was gone and so was all hope of doing anything! In that type of case you only have a certain number of hours to get the guy otherwise they dont care!

The cop even told us to detain the person at the scene by ANY means. which included KICKING HIS A$$. If I only woulda had my CHL. I might be in jail right now.. but I would have a big $hit-eating grin on my face about the whole thing (J/K!!!!)
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #125
gixxerjoe
Who needs 2 hands anyway?

Bike(s):
07 YZF-R6

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

http://www.houstonsbr.com/sbrf/index.php?topic=1017.0

this bike was stolen SUNDAY NIGHT from an APT GARAGE on the champions area. you said they might have been involved in another theft...could it be?!

i'm really pushing to get this bike found. its my good buddies and its his only mode of transportation. he lost his gixxer a couple months ago cause it got rear-ended on 1960 and totaled...the lady didnt have enough insurance as she domino'd 4 cars into his bike at the light, and his car got totaled by a lady who pulled out infront of him a month earlier than that.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #126
GLD
track junkie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubabbott View Post
Glad you were awake, I don't think I would've chased them though. Who knows if they had a gun, could've ended badly for you. Glad to hear they didn't get away with the goods, good job!
Come-on shotgun vs. most likely a handgun at worst. Get a nice pump action most people know not to try that one.
GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #127
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Yay!!!

But WTF?! I thought black people didn't commit crimes! I'm so suprised...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #128
bigzona
Lean Machine

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter1125 View Post
Just got back from at the apartments!!!!!

I will have a garage by the end of the week!!!!
Very Good When I lived in an apartment, I didn't get a bike for this very reason.

Good ending!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #129
tedbiele

Bike(s):
2003 Anniv Busa

Send a message via ICQ to tedbiele Send a message via AIM to tedbiele Send a message via Yahoo to tedbiele
They need to start cutting the hands off of thieves in our country on Public Access TV. With bandsaws. And then seal the ends with blowtorches before releasing them back to the streets.

Bike theft would go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #130
blaqqwarrior
R.I.P. Coach....

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
02 cbr 954rr

Send a message via Yahoo to blaqqwarrior
Agreed. Good job and glad your bikes still in your possession, bro....
blaqqwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement