Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Im not the same rider that I used to be

Well i bought a Bike last week, and i drove it around for a bit this weekend , and i can honestly tell you that im SCARED!!! not sure if anyone has had that happend to them. I'm being real paranoid and when i take my turn i feel like im going to fall, I rode around yesterday with a few friends of mine and when they punched it I pussied out, Normally i would of gone with them but i didnt... Im thinking of taking the MSF class that Racer-x is always offering...

The wreck cant get out of my head.
has anyone had anything like this happend to them...

Last edited by R6Spartan; 02-04-2008 at 10:17 AM.
R6Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Im glad Im a Texan flip326 Off Topic 1 05-21-2012 02:20 PM
im off and im bored im gonna go riding anyone else off and bored?8/04/08 Croe Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-04-2008 03:01 PM
Im also bored...and I dont have cable(Cause Im poor now) Slowkat Off Topic 4 07-16-2007 09:23 PM
Im so ****ing off i dont know what to do, im just seeing red. scrapp Off Topic 49 08-30-2006 07:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-SPARTAN View Post
Well i bought a Bike last week, and i drove it around for a bit this weekend , and i can honestly tell you that im SCARED!!! not sure if anyone has had that happend to them. I'm being real paranoid and when i take my turn i feel like im going to fall, I rode around yesterday with a few friends of mine and when they punched it I pussied out, Normally i would of gone with them but i didnt... Im thinking of taking the MSR class that Racer-x is always offering...

I have heard from old racers, that when you get scared, stay off the road for a while till you get comfortable, cuz that fear will cause you to make a fatal error you wouldn't normally make. Just what I heard, may have no merit.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
TnTEntR1
R.I.P Bobby K/ NY Matty

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'06 Yama R1

Man i feel you 110%! i fell back in june 2007 and have'nt rode a lot afterwards. And when i do, i get nervous makin turns and feel like sticking my leg out so i won't fall. But i think it's all about facing your fears and getting confidence built back up ! Good luck!

Tuan Tran
MOTO-INSURANCE
Direct# 281-300-1333
"Like a Good Neighbor, TntEntR1 is there!"
TnTEntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Well i bought a Bike last week, and i drove it around for a bit this weekend , and i can honestly tell you that im SCARED!!! not sure if anyone has had that happend to them. I'm being real paranoid and when i take my turn i feel like im going to fall, I rode around yesterday with a few friends of mine and when they punched it I pussied out, Normally i would of gone with them but i didnt... Im thinking of taking the MSF class that Racer-x is always offering...

You need to get your head straight ... sometimes these things take time. have you talked to your friends/peeps that know you well about this?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
go with your gut feeling....plain and simple....

when I crashed at the track the first thing that popped into my mind was, "oh sh*t, I don't wanna waste a trackday" so I saddled back up and got back on the track....didn't skip a beat....not one session...BUT, if you are in doubt, go with your gut.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I test rode some mountain bikes this weekend and felt the exact same way. lol. Just give it time and your confidence will come back.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

I was a bit 'weary' after my get off on the streets about year and a half ago. I went down in a corner. I was fine just cruising after that but was a little apprehensive taking corner with any speed. So I took it to the track and worked through it! Made me a lot better rider and now I'm totally hooked on the track!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
when I crashed at the track the first thing that popped into my mind was, "oh sh*t, I don't wanna waste a trackday" .
Especially when you crashed in the first session!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby View Post
Especially when you crashed in the first session!
Bast'ad

<----learned the hard way what a "green" track really is....
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
bigzona
Lean Machine

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

I went down several weeks ago because of a mud patch mid-corner. After several weeks of healing up and fixing the bike, I got back out there, and I was petrified to turn. So I did everything slow, and took my time. My buddies I ride with were aware, so they kept the pace slow and easy. You've got to work through the fear at a good pace, cause after a fall your brain is conditioned to react when you hit a lean angle. So essentially, you have to re-condition your brain not to react nervously when you lean to turn.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzona View Post
I went down several weeks ago because of a mud patch mid-corner. After several weeks of healing up and fixing the bike, I got back out there, and I was petrified to turn. So I did everything slow, and took my time. My buddies I ride with were aware, so they kept the pace slow and easy. You've got to work through the fear at a good pace, cause after a fall your brain is conditioned to react when you hit a lean angle. So essentially, you have to re-condition your brain not to react nervously when you lean to turn.
thanx. I told my friends about it and they started laughin..lol...but they understood. I just couldnt hit it on my bike, Normally there wouldnt be any doubt that i can ride. I even decided to never do weelies or indos again, I have to much to lose if i was to hurt my self real bad ...Sure makes me feel like a .

Last edited by R6Spartan; 02-04-2008 at 10:42 AM.
R6Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #12
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Quote:
thanx. I told my friends about it and they started laughin..lol...but they understood. I just couldnt hit it on my bike, Normally there wouldnt be any doubt that i can ride. I even decided to never do weelies or indos again, I have to much to lose if i was to hurt my self real bad ...
Dude do only what you feel ok doing !!!!!!!!!! Don't push it just to fit in or scared someone will make fun of you !!

If you need to go ride alone in a parking lot to make yourself feel ok ...then do it .

for thinking about making sure you don't get hurt or someone hurts you !!

GOOD LUCK !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
bigzona
Lean Machine

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote:
thanx. I told my friends about it and they started laughin..lol...but they understood. I just couldnt hit it on my bike, Normally there wouldnt be any doubt that i can ride. I even decided to never do weelies or indos again, I have to much to lose if i was to hurt my self real bad ...Sure makes me feel like a .
Not a bro, just smart and mature. There's a time and place for that, it aint the street. I don't know whats going on this weekend, but I'd like to check out your new ride. We can meet up if you like, my buddies and I ride the pace of the slowest rider........no stupid .
Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzona View Post
Not a bro, just smart and mature. There's a time and place for that, it aint the street. I don't know whats going on this weekend, but I'd like to check out your new ride. We can meet up if you like, my buddies and I ride the pace of the slowest rider........no stupid .
kewl no problem im down for a cruise...and i have a 50th ani r6
Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
bigzona
Lean Machine

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote:
kewl no problem im down for a cruise...and i have a 50th ani r6
Thats why I want to see it. I think your bike and maybe the new cbr600 are bad in their class.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #16
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

thanx....I got an awesome deal on it...but yeah il pm you my number and call me this weekend
Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #17
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

.. I know the feeling... even in my car.

I'm nervous when trying to leave a parking lot, the car doesnt have the acceleration ofthe bike and im extra worried now about getting tagged trying to get out of the lot.
Ghod only know what it's going to be like getting on a bike... I remember growing up, they said if you fall off.... get right back on. Doesn't quite work out that way when you put friggin insurance companies and all that into it.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #18
RNcbr
THE NURSE

Bike(s):
06 cbr 600rr(gone) 07 raven R6

Send a message via Yahoo to RNcbr
Quote:

Well im glad that you are admitting that your afraid. I thought you were those type of guys who is afraid to admit fear. Well i have to say that I dont agree with you buying a bike but atleast you are trying to be safe.

No more wheelies? hmmm. i remember you doing wheelies in you friends bike infront of my house. So just ride the bike and try not to hurt yourself, I beleive you have gotten lucky enough. " Boys make excuses, Men make changes"

oh by the way, I might sell my starion
Old 02-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #19
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife

Yes this has happened to me, when I get that weird feeling, you know, like not comfortable with what your doin, I just chill or don't ride at all.

A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #20
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablomann View Post
Yes this has happened to me, when I get that weird feeling, you know, like not comfortable with what your doin, I just chill or don't ride at all.
+1 Been there before it takes sometime to get comfortable again but u'll be alright!!
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement