MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
"The Hill" REPORT

Well where to start... It was a crazy day. Lots of crashes and some multiple record breaking done.

For starters I had never been to that track and for those that have never been there its nothing like you've ever seen before. I almost crapped my pants when I got there and saw that the track was soooo narrow. It's nothing like "The world." There is seriously NO running off room and if you wreck on the track you're gonna be hurting. The track is reeeeally sticky and the pavement feels like rough sandpaper. Lots of bumps and the track is uphill and back down almost the whole 1.8 miles! Also in the run off there's tire walls and trees. And there are some crazy blind corners that you just have to know the track well to be ab le to perform at. That track is technical and takes practice.

The motorcycle unlimited guys had a not too good of a day with Bill Drake and Brandon crashing during races (They are fine) They were both doing great. right:. Others the went down as well were Michael Sanchez, Shea Fouchek, and some of the other very quick guys.

Also Ty Howard broke the lap record which had been set by Michael Sanchez back in April of last year. He broke it by about .7 secs. with a time of 1:21.8. I doubt that means anything to yall since most have not been out there and know what a good pace is but I just thought I would throw that out there. I would say out of 20 races only about 3 did't have crashes in them. Like I said that track is very technical and I cant wait to go out there and practice on that sucker.

Next and final round is at the world! Time to rip it up .
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMI "report card" given to kid. Perf_White_GT Off Topic 77 07-21-2010 09:33 PM
01/02/10 lunch at "the hill" Waller Tx. GAU-8 Events, Meets and Rides 2 01-02-2010 09:49 PM
hill country "oh " train460 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-10-2008 04:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 AM   #2
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Re: "The Hill" REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
Lots of bumps and the track is uphill and back down almost the whole 1.8 miles!* And there are some crazy blind corners that you just have to know the track well to be ab le to perform at.* That track is technical and takes practice.*
Wait til you go to Hallett!!!

Oakhill is a fun great... narrow, bumpy, and not really upkept like some other tracks, but it's sticky as all .

Let me know if you ever want to go up there for some practice. It's only $75 for the day for licensed racers.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:15 AM   #3
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt
Let me know if you ever want to go up there for some practice.
:iamwithstupid: right:
Old 09-12-2005, 09:02 AM   #4
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

M/U had a mixed weekend:
Bill crashed while running in thid place in front of Shea and trying to catch Westie. Broken forearm but he's o.k.

Brandon took 2 wins in his first 2 races and crashed whike leading his third. Went back out and took 2nd in his forth race.

Ronnie took two 2nd place finishes before highsiding spectacularly coming out of 8 running Corey down for 1st. Broken collarbone but also o.k.

For those of you that have never been there, the Hill is a primitive track, no toilets other than porta potties, no paddock area, pit in the grass and dirt, no shade unless you bring your own. The only running water is from a hose behind the tech shed. The track is narrow and deteriorating and runnoff is not good. You can tell I'm not a big fan of the place.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #5
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
M/U had a mixed weekend:
Bill crashed while running in thid place in front of Shea and trying to catch Westie. Broken forearm but he's o.k.

Brandon took 2 wins in his first 2 races and crashed whike leading his third. Went back out and took 2nd in his forth race.

Ronnie took two 2nd place finishes before highsiding spectaculurly coming out of 8 running Corey down for 1st. Broken collarbone but also o.k.

For those of you that have never been there, the Hill is a primitive track, no toilets other than porta potties, no paddock area, pit in the grass and dirt, no shade unless you bring your own. The only running water is from a hose behind the tech shed. The track is narrow and deteriorating and runnoff is not good. You can tell I'm not a big fan of the place.

Patrick
, broken bones suck. i never had any but javier busted his collar bone and was in serious pain and needed alot of help to do things for about a month.

who are all the Motorcycles Unlimited riders? ronnie, bill, and brandon?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

congrats to the finishing spots, and good luck healing quick for the crashers. i can sympathise with the pain although mine is about gone now,,
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #7
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
, broken bones suck. i never had any but javier busted his collar bone and was in serious pain and needed alot of help to do things for about a month.

Bill Drake #270 expert
Brandon Spralding #214 novice
Ronnie* #650 novice.

great group of guys and great riders right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:

Ronnie took two 2nd place finishes before highsiding spectaculurly coming out of 8 running Corey down for 1st. Broken collarbone but also o.k.
holy batman!... ultra mega mega man props to brandon... good gravy!...

VERY glad ronnie is ok...

congrats on the two 1sts and 2nd (after a crash no less)... brandon - you're like the fricken borg or something... resistance is futile...
Old 09-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #9
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
As well as Luke Conlin, and Danny and Josh Mosley of Fireball Racing, current points leaders in the F2 endurance championship. We also support some other teams / riders including Fifth Element, Tim Miller,and Justin Riley to name a few.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 09-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #10
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Quote:
We also support some other teams / riders including Fifth Element, Tim Miller/Bob Cronin/Dwayne McCoy

Patrick
Which is currently in 10th place overall in the CMRA endurance series, and 3rd place in class.
THANKS PATRICK!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM   #11
Pabst214

thanks guys, what a weekend. i'd have to say that the hill officially has my number. i have crashed there every race this season, but yet i still enjoy racing there. i know that the track sucks, and its dangerous but there is something about going fast out there that makes you feel good about your riding. bill and ronni are both ok i talked to bill this morning and he might possibly have a broken foot to go along with his arm. he was getting more x rays as we were talking. myself i was fine as patrick stated, i went back out and got a second in the next race, it was a distant second but still second. i do have to say thanks to some people, pat of course. i know he was a little ticked after the crash, along with myself, but we both understand that, that is part of the game and we got back out there and did well. john hutchinson for just being john. keeping it real and funny. my family for their support, and everyone else in the pits, ronnie, bill, luke and all of you guys. thanks a bunch.
ohh yeah gianni. i am pretty sure i'll be making a few trips to the hill myself this off season. just to keep riding and stuff so lets hook up sometime. later
brandon
Pabst214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #12
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpronov214
thanks guys,* what a weekend.* * *i'd have to say that the hill officially has my number.* i have crashed there every race this season, but yet i still enjoy racing there.* * i know that the track sucks, and its dangerous but there is something about going fast out there that makes you feel good about your riding.* * bill and ronni are both ok i talked to bill this morning and he might possibly have a broken foot to go along with his arm. he was getting more x rays as we were talking.* myself i was fine as patrick stated, i went back out and got a second in the next race, it was a distant second but still second.* *i do have to say thanks to some people,* pat of course. i know he was a little* ticked after the crash, along with myself,* but we* both understand that, that is part of the game and we got back out there and did well.* *john hutchinson for just being john.* keeping it real and funny.* *my family for their support, and everyone else in the pits,* ronnie, bill, luke and all of you guys.* thanks a bunch.* *
* ohh yeah* gianni.* i am pretty sure i'll be making a few trips to the hill myself this off season. just to keep riding and stuff* *so lets hook up sometime.* * * * *later
brandon* * * *
oh my Gianni, brandon said your name!!

Jk

congrats on the finishes brandon right:
Old 09-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #13
jeffLSTD
A hit off the track pipe?

Bike(s):
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track bike)

All things considered, glad you guys are "ok" Brandon. Ah man.. broken bones SUCK. Already sent Ronnie an e-mail and tell Bill I wish 'em the best... and to take those calcium supliments! :icon_smile:
Old 09-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #14
speedismo
OCD for speed

congratz Brandon..gr8 stuff!!

and best wishes to all guyz who r down!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #15
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

I talked to Ronnie eariler today... he's in good spirits, and says he'll most likely be on the bike for TWS (Texas World Speedway), just to turn laps if nothing else(He's currently in 2nd in a few classes, and if he doesn't race at TWS (Texas World Speedway), he may drop down to 3rd place for the season).
Old 09-12-2005, 11:26 PM   #16
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt
I talked to Ronnie eariler today... he's in good spirits, and says he'll most likely be on the bike for TWS (Texas World Speedway), just to turn laps if nothing else(He's currently in 2nd in a few classes, and if he doesn't race at TWS (Texas World Speedway), he may drop down to 3rd place for the season).
with a broken collar bone? when is the last race, mid november?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #17
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

2-1/2 weeks. Ever heard of a figure 8, ace bandages, duct tape and cojones?! right:

Patrick

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 09-13-2005, 07:02 PM   #18
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

Quote:
2-1/2 weeks. Ever heard of a figure 8, ace bandages, duct tape and cojones?! right:

Patrick
screw that! collar bones hurt like , unless he's used to braking it!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #19
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by j14
Quote:

Patrick
screw that! collar bones hurt like , unless he's used to braking it!
w3rd.

i understand ronnie is a great rider on the 636's but is he superman too? javier couldnt pick up his arm past his chest for a month and the bone still was popping around. javier's recovery was very fast too compared to others but he didnt get back on a bike until 3 months later and lost alot of muscle and muscle memory.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:19 PM   #20
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

yeah. and you also get muscle athrophy...you don't get to use your shoulder muscles nor upper shoulder blade muscles (I don't know the proper name for the muscles, but you get my point)

Advertisement