MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #21
JSki

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearalex View Post
yeah i was. yeah that was my point. this is so difficult to grasp that i strongly believe there's got to be something wrong with his biological makeup. What if one day we discover that all murderers actually have some sort of "murder" gene or something? We have been frying these people in the electric chairs when actually they needed a gene therapy?
There is a fictional book that made me think about this in a different way. It is somewhat religious in nature, but the book was called Blood of Heaven. To summarize, basically they did gene therapy on a murderer that was on death row using the blood of jesus (sounds kinda cheezy) because they figured there would be no more perfect blood/genetic make up.

Essentially, it all came down to the simple fact that free will is a and your genetic make up does not dictate the choices you will make. You could be the happiest and kindest person on earth, but end up being a murderer or you could be the angriest person on earth and never harm a fly depending on what decisions you make.

No matter how perfect your genetic structure is, you still have to choose to do the right thing no matter how hard it is.

Just my .02
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You think this soldier should get the Death Penalty? morvegil Off Topic 45 05-15-2009 04:49 PM
WTH! no death penalty RACER X Off Topic 47 02-03-2009 06:14 AM
Another freakin Death Penalty candidate logan5 Off Topic 20 06-19-2008 06:19 AM
The death penalty was made for people like these ... logan5 Off Topic 13 06-02-2008 02:02 PM
Death Penalty...? Tango1300 Off Topic 27 07-02-2007 10:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

im not for the death penalty at all........................................... we should just shoot these **s with a gun and save the state alot of money and time.......
Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #23
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Perhaps we will be able to do some gene therapy in the future to 'heal' these sick bastages, but we can't do it now. He committed this heinous crime in Texas and, therefore, must die.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #24
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

cook his in the microwave, shoot him in the knee caps, bury him in sand up to his neck, allow the tide to roll in....

electrcution, injection, hanging, is to quick

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #25
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #26
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
im not for the death penalty at all........................................... we should just shoot these **s with a gun and save the state alot of money and time.......
Probably would be easily argued if we weren't learning on occassion that there were some wrongly accused people on death row that we are having to release with new technology. I for one, AM for the death penalty, but justice is always going to be flawed. Could you imagine being a wrongly accused person on death row? The appeal system allows the chance to MAYBE weed out some of the wrongly accused. But there are some that are without a doubt killers, and the ones like that should be executed like you say IMO.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #27
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

They should stomp on his head...I believe that if you commit a senseless act of violence that that same act you committed should be done to you.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement