MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #41
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
I heard he used a barrett .50 lol
OoOoO that's the same gun I use to kill all the dogs I shoot
PS: If anyone wants one of these dog killing machines I have one for the low low price of $3700

No....really
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How loose is too loose? Chain question. ivancuriel General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 06-30-2011 06:26 PM
Woman Bites Dog (Pit Bull) Who Attacked Her Dog (Retriever) rideForrestride Off Topic 125 04-10-2008 02:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #42
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

We usually just shoot strays with pellet guns- but they come back anyway.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #43
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
We usually just shoot strays with pellet guns- but they come back anyway.
Start aiming for their eyes, then they won't know which house is yours
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don’t have enough."
Old 02-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #44
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
What kinda gun did you use?
9mm with hollow points in it. it was the closest gun available in the scurry. shot it within a few feet.

i was shocked it took 4 rounds.. thing was strong like i said before we used a solid piece of steal like a bat and it didn't effect it at all!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #45
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
9mm with hollow points in it. it was the closest gun available in the scurry. shot it within a few feet.

i was shocked it took 4 rounds.. thing was strong like i said before we used a solid piece of steal like a bat and it didn't effect it at all!

Bish was pumped up on adrenaline. Dogs don't feel pain the same way humans do. I'm sure as long as the bullet doesn't kill or wound it in a way it cannot attack anymore it won't cease its attack(I could be wrong, it has happened before). Shot placement also has a LOT to do with it. I'm guessing the first 3 weren't to the dog's dome or vitals. 9mm's usually come with large magazines, if you could have done so safely w/o potentially causing harm to your own animal I would have dumped a lot of lead into that thing, shoot to kill and don't second guess yourself in those situations.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #46
AKA

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Quote:
just a bad night and unfortunately having no insurance can't afford to go to the docs so i'm just going to keep my cut clean and watch it. and bonnie will be fine we heard from the vet a little bit ago. so all will be good in the end
what emergency vet did you take to?
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #47
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

My aunt had her dog at my house at one point and she let it out with my dog. Pitbull/german shep mixed vs a min pin. Lucky my cousin saw it happen ran outside and stopped it. I told my aunt if I would have seen it her dog would have been dead. She didn't like that too much.
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:44 AM   #48
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Meaner and I tell the neighbors that if our dogs were to attack them that they have every right to defend themselves, even if it means killing the dog. We have a min pin and a italian grayhound that would not hurt anything but you never know.

Glad it did not turn out worse than it did. Hope the moron owner does not find out and flip.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #49
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post
what emergency vet did you take to?
honestly i don't remember the name but it was behind one of the krogers off of 1960 in humble.. thankfully we stopped it just in time she only needed a few stitches and some drugs. but now she has to wear one of those cone things around her head for the next few weeks.. poor girl...
Old 02-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #50
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
a quick way to make the pits to let go is water, just get a bucket of water and throw it at thedogs face hard, he will let go. So sorry for your doggie. Pit bulls are great dogs.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #51
AKA

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Quote:
honestly i don't remember the name but it was behind one of the krogers off of 1960 in humble.. thankfully we stopped it just in time she only needed a few stitches and some drugs. but now she has to wear one of those cone things around her head for the next few weeks.. poor girl...
thats cool, my wife works there but wasn't working last night, i know it is expensive, the doctors there are very good.... hope she is doing good!
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #52
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post
thats cool, my wife works there but wasn't working last night, i know it is expensive, the doctors there are very good.... hope she is doing good!
ya she seems to be doing great! which is a huge plus! it wasn't as expensive as we thought. around 200 bucks and she looks good.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #53
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I had a dachshund get attacked in AZ by coyotes... tore her up but she pulled through. My family owned a feed and tack store. We used some medicine for horses to heal wounds from barbed wire and such and that works wonders. Oddly enough that stuff was toxic to humans,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #54
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

my dogs are lap dogs, theyve been out a few times...mine actually ran down the street and played with some kids who were outside on their bikes...

any dog can be mean/aggressive so leave the whole "Pits are mean..useless..agressive" out because its BS

Pits do have a larger tendency for dog-agression, as opposed to human aggression. If ANY dog attacks MY dogs, pit or not I will harm it.

a husky attacked and killed Jason's dog several years ago. IN fact, OUR husky bit Jason's arm, and he has the scars to prove it...but our pits...NEVER offered to bit ANYone/thing.

I just lost a little bit of respect for those on this board who are ignorant enough to say "all pits are bad"

"pits are useless"

"i dont like them"

blah blah blah. BS. that really REALLY me off, and I dont get off about alot of things...

but honestly - who's really going to be afraid of this? :/:

F'n loose dog!!!
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #55
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
"how they are raised" has nothing to do with it. that is a myth. its all genetic. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont. just ask the people that were torn to pieces (or their children killed) who always said "not my dog, they wouldnt hurt a fly". then the dog turned on them for no reason. one law i wish WOULD pass is to have some kind of "exotic animal" permit to own one, like owning a tiger or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
to each their own. i have been around pits my whole life and i can tell a HUGE difference in the way they are raised (same litter, different "parenting skills") determining their temper. i can understand your POV though, even though I may not agree with it.
It was interesting to read what Azylum and Scatter think. To be honest, i dont know what makes some dogs into killers and others not. What makes some humans like that? I don't know whether it's genetics or bringing up.
I dont think anyone knows for sure.
I own a pit mix. I adopted him from the shelter. he is a super sweet dog that loves absolutely everyone. So I can say whatever it is that makes them good or bad - my dog is good. The dog that attacted SMJ's dog was bad.

Quote:
unfortunately there were no tags on the dog and we have no clue who the owners are. the cops did come but said we did the right thing and there is no need for a report. (which i don't get) it took two shots at the dog for him to release bonnie and when bonnie ran away it took two more to finally kill the dog. mind you we weren't using regular bullets. just a bad night and unfortunately having no insurance can't afford to go to the docs so i'm just going to keep my cut clean and watch it. and bonnie will be fine we heard from the vet a little bit ago. so all will be good in the end
Hey man, this is not a joking matter. There is nothing to watch - you have to test the corpse of the dog for rabies or get rabies shots yourself. The odds that the pit had rabies are very tiny but you stand to loose everything - so it's not worth gambling. Your gf's dog has rabies vaccine, while you dont!

BTW, dont feel bad about shooting the dog. If animal control had picked him
up they would have euthenised him too - any dog that ever attacked another one to the point of blood is euthenised as a rule. Pitbulls that aren't super-super friendly (even if they hadn't attacked anyone) are also usually euthenised in 3 days.

So if you still got the dog's corpse: take it to Bureau of Animal Regulation and Control (BARC, google it) and they will test it for free (I think)

if you dont have the corpse any longer - go to the ER, insurance or not they won't refuse treatment - you need the rabies shots.
nuclearalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #56
JoyRider

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Mean Streak

I too feel your pain...

Last Sunday I was walking my Husky on a leash and from across the street a pit bull ran over grabed him by his back and shook the cr@pp out of him. This dog lifted my 65lb dog off his back legs.... to say I was freaking out would be an under statement. These people are 3 doors down from me and let this fre@king dog run around out front without a leash, and all the kids said was she wont hurt your dog, then she clamped down and I was trying to beat she off my dog. Fre@king kids didn't even come to get their dog.

Looks like we'll have to take them to small claims court cause here in Ft Bend, the animal control people said it's a dog on dog attack and not really anything they can do about it. HU! I asked him if they would do something when this dog gets a kid in it's mouth and he shut up real quick and said we would have to sue to recover damages..... damages! like my dog was not a living thing....fortunately he's going to heal physicaly but not sure how trusting he's going to be around dogs bigger than him now. He is the favorite at our boarding place cause he would play great with dogs his size and bigger even the ones with bad tempers with other dogs.

I have to clean it and he's not real happy with me right now.

Pit Bulls, I guess there are some nice ones but I sure have not seen any....
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!”
JoyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #57
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
any dog can be mean/aggressive so leave the whole "Pits are mean..useless..agressive" out because its BS

I just lost a little bit of respect for those on this board who are ignorant enough to say "all pits are bad"

"pits are useless"

"i dont like them"

blah blah blah. BS. that really REALLY me off, and I dont get off about alot of things...
I'm sorry but just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's not true.(Also, I hope you don't mind but I cut out a few bits of your post, mainly just these: , which I assume you just used to show emphasis on how stupid our fact-based opinions are).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN EXPERT-IE:Someone who has studied/researched the facts
The pit bull's unusual breeding history has produced some bizarre behavioral traits, de- scribed by The Economist's science editor in an article published a few years ago, at the peak of a heated British controversy over dangerous dogs that saw the pit bull banned in England. First, the pit bull is quicker to anger than most dogs, probably due to the breed's unusually high level of the neurotransmitter L-tyrosine. Second, pit bulls are frighteningly tenacious; their attacks frequently last for 15 minutes or longer, and nothing—hoses, violent blows or kicks—can easily stop them. That's because of the third behavioral anomaly: the breed's remarkable insensitivity to pain. Most dogs beaten in a fight will submit the next time they see the victor. Not a defeated pit bull, who will tear into his onetime vanquisher. This, too, has to do with brain chemistry. The body releases endorphins as a natural painkiller. Pit bulls seem extra-sensitive to endorphins and may generate higher levels of the chemical than other dogs. Endorphins are also addictive: "The dogs may be junkies, seeking pain so they can get the endorphin buzz they crave," The Economist suggests.

Finally, most dogs warn you before they attack, growling or barking to tell you how angry they are—"so they don't have to fight," ASPCA advisor and animal geneticist Stephen Zawistowski stresses. Not the pit bull, which attacks without warning. Most dogs, too, will bow to signal that they want to frolic. Again, not the pit bull, which may follow an apparently playful bow with a lethal assault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Center for Disease Control
million Americans every year. Few attacks are fatal (25 in 1996), but serious injuries—everything from a gash in the arm requiring a few stitches to severed hands and fractured skulls—continue to rise and now stand at more than 750,000 annually, up nearly 40 percent from 1986. Dog bites are one of the top causes of non-fatal injuries in the nation.

Children are the most frequent victims, accounting for 60 percent of the dog bites and 20 of the 25 dog-bite fatalities in 1996. Dog attacks are now the No. 1 reason that children wind up in hospital emergency rooms. Incredibly, nearly half of all American kids have been bitten by the age of 12. The Humane Society of the United States estimates that more than $100 million gets spent yearly treating dog bites in the nation's emergency rooms, and U.S. insurance companies paid out $250 million in dog-bite liability claims in 1996.

Pit bulls and pit-bull crosses (not always easy to distinguish) have caused more than a third of the nation's dog-bite fatalities since 1979 and a comparable proportion of serious injuries. The rising number of attacks, and the unease pit bulls and other dangerous dogs cause in public spaces, have spurred many municipalities to crack down with legislation ranging from muzzle laws to bans on pit bulls and certain other breeds.
Just to point out: I never said ALL pits are bad, all I said was that I don't like them. I also don't like the color pink, are you going to attack me for that just because you do like it?

~Keith
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #58
Twitch
yep.

Bike(s):
CRF250x

Send a message via AIM to Twitch Send a message via MSN to Twitch
Those are some facts.. ^^
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #59
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I'm sorry but just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's not true.(Also, I hope you don't mind but I cut out a few bits of your post, mainly just these: , which I assume you just used to show emphasis on how stupid our fact-based opinions are).

Just to point out: I never said ALL pits are bad, all I said was that I don't like them. I also don't like the color pink, are you going to attack me for that just because you do like it?

~Keith

I suppose i should also point out that Pits also scored an 84.13% passing rate by the ATTS (American Temperament Test Society) - http://www.atts.org/stats1.html:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTS
The ATTS test focuses on and measures different aspects of temperament such as stability, shyness, aggressiveness, and friendliness as well as the dog's instinct for protectiveness towards its handler and/or self-preservation in the face of a threat. The test is designed for the betterment of all breeds of dogs and takes into consideration each breed's inherent tendencies.

The test simulates a casual walk through the park or neighborhood where everyday life situations are encountered. During this walk, the dog experiences visual, auditory and tactile stimuli. Neutral, friendly and threatening situations are encountered, calling into play the dog's ability to distinguish between non-threatening situations and those calling for watchful and protective reactions.
lets compare the APBT with the usual "beloved" dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTS Statistics
Afghan Hound 161 116 45 72.05%
Alaskan Malamute 187 158 29 84.49%
American Bulldog 136 113 23 83.09%
APBT 542 456 86 84.13%
Am Staff 521 437 84 83.88%
Bull Terrier 59 54 5 91.53%
Chihuahua 35 25 10 71.43%
Cocker Spaniel 219 179 40 81.74%
Collie 811 642 169 79.16%
Dachshund 42 28 14 66.67%
Dachshund (mini) 26 20 6 76.92%
Doberman 1452 1115 337 76.79%
German Shepard 2833 2361 472 83.34%
Great Dane 256 202 54 78.91%
Jack Russel Terrier 54 44 10 81.48%
Pomeranian 32 24 8 75.00%
Rottweiler 4744 3923 821 82.69%
MINIATURE POODLE 64 49 15 76.6%

so...just like you, my opinion is backed up by fact as well. As the saying goes, one good apple can spoil the bunch. I've been chased AND bitten by both a lab as well as a german sheppard, but i HATE those dogs. But, do you think what happened to me was ever publicized? Do you think that if I had gone to the news station they would have aired that? Probably not. It's a double fkn standard, and the general ignorant public, will believe anything that the media tells them.

It seems to me that all you WANT to see is the negativity. You don't even want to research the GOOD about pits. I'm sure that when you've googled "PIT BULLS" in the past, all the link you click on have some sort of negativity in them. Typical... :/:

The media has also lead you to believe that pit bulls have locking jaws - which they don't
The media has lead you to believe that pit bulls don't feel pain - which they do, trust and believe they DO...

Are you so ignorant that you believe everything you see/read/hear?

I wrote a research paper last year in my computer class about pit bulls...i can forward it to you if you want

"believe 1/2 of what you see, and none of what you hear" - Ben Franklin

Last edited by amber|alexis; 02-04-2008 at 07:52 AM.
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #60
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
A F****** pit bull attacked my girlfriends dog tonight!!! thing somehow got into the back yard and did a number on the poor girl... She is gone to an emergency vet. she has some bad lacerations but she will be fine. we beat that pitbull with a pole and it wouldn't release bonnie. we ended up shooting the F****** thing 4 times!!!! and yes we did have to kill it. now don't get me wrong on this i love pits that are raised the RIGHT way. but you can tell this one has some problems due to lacerations on it's face and heavy scar tissue. Unfortunately some how or another i got a huge gash on my toe and i'm just really off at ignorant people who can't control their animals!!! alright i'm done for now need to relax and clean the foot and the damage. end rant for now!
dizzamn! anyway to locate owner of the aforementioned dead critter?
I hope your dogs ok.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement