Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #61
louisiana954

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14

standardize test dont properly gauge how much your kid has learn, it gauges how much they have been taught him to remember...yall have to understand teacher are graded on how many student past thier specific part of the test....so what do you think they teach....thats how you get raises and promotion in the educational system....Unlike myself i teach Teen Leadership
(6-12)...every child out there isnt going to college...so i prepare them to be able to adjust to society...how to approach people, how to shake hands, how to go for a job interview,,,you would be amazed how many kids dont know how to shake a persons hand the right way...or how to hold an intelligent conversation with thier peers little known a school teacher.....
louisiana954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pacific Education Group RACER X The Circus 4 06-04-2015 11:56 AM
What has to be done to fix our education system? Perf_White_GT Off Topic 42 01-29-2013 10:05 AM
What level of education do you have? urbanXJ Off Topic 53 02-26-2009 02:47 PM
Higher Education BigComfy Off Topic 4 01-13-2009 11:12 AM
Hunter Education Class hotnanas Off Topic 2 01-04-2007 01:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #62
Jango

Send a message via AIM to Jango
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisiana954 View Post
when they make it to middle school its only given in english...
i remember when i was in school the ESL students took the tests in a separate room with a teacher reading the questions and answers to them in their first language. And I'm sorry but by the time some one is in the 12th grade they should be able to read and write in English unless they just moved from another country.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #63
louisiana954

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Same as Squoddy - teach them at home because school is a circus with bunch of hoops for animals to jump through...

When my oldest son was ready for school, age wise, he didn't want to go. I MADE him go, some days the teacher had to PRY him out of my arms. After 6 weeks we got his first report card. It was kindergarten so his report card was in blocks denoting what he would learn each six weeks. The only thing he could not do on the entire report card was TIE HIS SHOES! I took him out that day and bought the Hooked on Phonics. May seem silly to you guys, but it taught both my son to read better and daughter (age 3) to read.

All 4 of our kids (squoddys and mine) are in advanced classes and A/B Honor Roll students. School is a social activity.
your right school socializes kids or well at least its surpose to...the teaching comes from home...and i applaud you for being pro-active not retro-active:HC:
Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #64
louisiana954

Bike(s):
07 Kawi ZX14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
i remember when i was in school the ESL students took the tests in a separate room with a teacher reading the questions and answers to them in their first language. And I'm sorry but by the time some one is in the 12th grade they should be able to read and write in English unless they just moved from another country.
according to state laws ESL students should know how to read in the fifth grade if the yhave been educated here in elementary
Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #65
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

didnt read the whole thread. i agree with racer x, the THREE R'S are a must for basics. but ill tell you what i DONT want my children to be taught:

1. the virtues of homosexuality (its being taught in some schools in america)
2. how to put a condom on a fukken cucumber
3. the teachers political agenda.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #66
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Learning how to read, write and COMPREHEND both well.

Learning basic math skills well; add, subtract, multiply and divide, WITHOUT a calculator.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement