Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #41
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

dont know just always wanted one and could never get one but when i was 22 i got a 92 ducati 900 ss and loved it, then threw some of lifes triles i sold it and about 2 yrs later i got a gixxer 6 and later i got the busa and a ironhorse both of witch i just sold and got a 08 softail deluxe!

but i have always wanted one so i guess that was that !

now i know i will always have one, atleast one!
EvOlUtIoN YES or NO Vote noW DepPravacion The Circus 11 05-10-2010 12:32 PM
Evolution? BigComfy The Circus 210 10-24-2008 10:04 PM
Evolution of Intelligence? CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 27 12-22-2007 11:10 PM
Third Arm - Evolution? ArturoC Off Topic 22 05-31-2006 04:01 PM
BIKER EVOLUTION FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-27-2005 08:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #42
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

hey newbi dont for get the mh bbq!
check the events page.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #43
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post
hey newbi dont for get the mh bbq!
check the events page.
fo sho, I gotta see if I'm off that day, I gotta represent the islanders!

Islandkilo
IslandKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #44
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

well if you not off you may be sick?

you never know its a ways off could be comeing down with a summer cold!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #45
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rnz450

dad used to race moto so watched it on tv and he always had a bunch a dirt bikes around so got me one at 9 then i wanted to race so got another then upgraded several classes and then at 15 i wanted a license so got that and another bike. bught me a street upgrade then another dirt bike and a pit bike and now at 18 lookin for another street bike hopefully somethin brand spankin new. and am seriously considering a supermoto
Old 05-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #46
pester
Black olives matter

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

i was a child and used brother's dirtbikes, never owned one untill i came here

had one for a while but was so busy and couldnt ride

untill 2 years ago bought my ninja 250 then i realized bikes were for me

from that time untill now, untill im too old to ride or die in the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #47
Twitch
yep.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CRF250x

Send a message via AIM to Twitch Send a message via MSN to Twitch
When I was about 10-13 I had ramps for bicycles and I would take 10ft gaps or so and this fed the need for a dirt bike. Around 13 I got a pw80 automatic (lol) and rode it in my backyard, with a little wooden jump. Than for a couple years I would just go over and look at my uncles motorcycles until I got a new dirt bike. And now i'm looking at getting a sportbike..
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #48
njay1984
3 for 11

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha Warrior
03 SV650 track hoe

When I was about 7 my dad built me my first mini bike, since then I have known that two wheelin it was for me, had a few Dirties as the years went on and at 22 bought my first street bike, 23 now and working on No.2
Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #49
TX-Zen
Meme Machine

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 R6

Send a message via MSN to TX-Zen
I got into riding because I like sport bikes and wanted to save some money commuting to work...just took the MSF and have about 100 miles and 1 curb impact/drop incident under my belt.

(Curb 1 Zen 0, but it's not over yet )

I like riding alot but it's a whole new world with a heck of a lot of things to get used to and learn how to do. Some things are very attractive like the freedom of riding itself, some things are intimidating like accident statistics...and there's a big learning curve too because it's nothing like driving a car (or M1A1 Abrams tank, of which I used to drive a lot of ) obviously.

I'm also revaluating my original decision to buy the Katana 600 and considering a smaller 2008 Ninja toofiddy, partly because with my limited experience my observations are different and maybe the Katana isn't the best choice for a first bike and partly because my priorities for the bike are changing...I'm thinking more commute now than anything else, so the smaller bike is seeming to make more sense. 60mpg+ and that neon green Ninja paintjob are really making it an attractive idea.

I haven't made up my mind on the 250 and have no plan to sell the Katana, but what I'm really after is the best way to learn so I can be as safe as I can while I get my experience up. The Kat is a great bike and I do enjoy it, but I just wonder if the 250 is a better fit at this stage of my skill level.

GQ* gave me some great comments on his 250 and I'd like to thank him for that, it is helping me make a better decision.

R6Izzy Sig
TX-Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #50
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

well...I had an uncle that raced moto back in the 70's and I can remember standing there in aw looking at all his trophies and pics and listening to his stories; other than him, no one else in my fam rode. my parents used to tell me sh*t like ''ladies don't ride motorcycles'', ''you're gonna get yourself killed'' ect...

like one of the folks posted earlier, I used to look for the people on bikes when we'd be ridding in the car and dreaming of the day I could get one for myself.

then I met a boy and the story gets ugly. for 8 years I begged him to teach me to ride or at least let me get a bike so I could learn on my own. he was an @$$; we broke up right at a year ago and im over it. so now I have my verry own lil ninja yaaaayyyy!!!!

I've only been ridding for a month now but I've already put over 1500 miles on her! its truly the best feeling in the world when im out on the bike
Old 05-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #51
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

Before
i04p9

After
bigbikecrash small

Alone
136253 24381 s moto
Old 05-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #52
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

well ever since I can remember my father had an old Triumph Scrambler. He gave me and my little brother a pair of Italjet M5's (50cc) couldn't even tell you how old we were.. I know I couldn't stop without pops being there to catch the bike cause neither of us could even touch.

When I was old enough to touch the ground on his Triumphs and Hardly I began to sneak them out of the house. around 12 I got caught didn't turn out too well for me.

At 15 he gave me the scrambler.. I rode that for a while till I trashed it thinking I was Marlon Brando.. I picked up a CB750 after that my dad took me to the DMV and signed me up for MSF. The rest is history.

Last edited by tarosean; 05-13-2008 at 09:34 PM.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:40 AM   #53
PB125

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

I started out when I was about 12. I had a 2 hp pull-start edger motor powered mini-bike. No suspension. Tecumseh was name I remember on the side of the engine. Anyway, I rode trails of Alief before Royale Oaks eventually took them over. It was a private airport. Then I borrowed my friemds XR75 honda and rode that for a while. I had friends in Highschool that had sportbikes, too and I ALWAYS wanted one and my parents of course said NO.
I waited until I was 33 and married to have my own. THAT was convincing PB125-X2 to have mine and now she has her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #54
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
Dad used to take me on rides on his nortons and BSA's and Royal Enfields. (yes he is a badass) when I was a kid. Started riding super sports when i was 16 and have been riding ever since.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #55
Polo1000RR

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

I started riding around the neighborhood like everyone else as a kid and then when I got a little older I was racing mountain bikes all over texas and a few other states. Got really competitive and was pretty serious. Then I started partying too much and hanging with the wrong crowd. A real good friend of mine bought a triumph, it was a 600 and I made the mistake of riding it one day. That was it for me I was hooked. The wife always said no so I held off from getting one. Then after about two more years I just didn't give a anymore I had to have one so I bought it and the old lady flipped out. After having it about a year she got a little tipsy one day and sid she wanted to go around the block a few times. LOL that was it she was hooked, she rides with me at least two times a week now. Her favorite thing to do is ride on one wheel.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #56
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Zen View Post
I got into riding because I like sport bikes and wanted to save some money commuting to work...just took the MSF and have about 100 miles and 1 curb impact/drop incident under my belt.

(Curb 1 Zen 0, but it's not over yet )

I like riding alot but it's a whole new world with a heck of a lot of things to get used to and learn how to do. Some things are very attractive like the freedom of riding itself, some things are intimidating like accident statistics...and there's a big learning curve too because it's nothing like driving a car (or M1A1 Abrams tank, of which I used to drive a lot of ) obviously.

I'm also revaluating my original decision to buy the Katana 600 and considering a smaller 2008 Ninja toofiddy, partly because with my limited experience my observations are different and maybe the Katana isn't the best choice for a first bike and partly because my priorities for the bike are changing...I'm thinking more commute now than anything else, so the smaller bike is seeming to make more sense. 60mpg+ and that neon green Ninja paintjob are really making it an attractive idea.

I haven't made up my mind on the 250 and have no plan to sell the Katana, but what I'm really after is the best way to learn so I can be as safe as I can while I get my experience up. The Kat is a great bike and I do enjoy it, but I just wonder if the 250 is a better fit at this stage of my skill level.

GQ* gave me some great comments on his 250 and I'd like to thank him for that, it is helping me make a better decision.
Katanas are expensive bikes to drop!! too much plastic IMO

Islandkilo
Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #57
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

awesome stories guys, keep em coming

Islandkilo
Old 05-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #58
02meanie

Bike(s):
02 Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak

Long time ago... in a town far away...

I got my first Honda in 1972, a blue and white CL 100.. put about 25,000 miles in 2.5 years on it and never left the city. Own several dirt bike...Elsinor Hondas to the first generation YZ Yami's . Bought an 883 Sportster in a box and rebuilt it... sold it pretty quick. Went without a bike for about 20 years and now own a 02 meanie. Both my older sons own or owned Ninja's and my daughter owned a SV650. I have put 11,000 mile on the meanie in 11 mths. I can't think of not owning one now.
02meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #59
LEANANGLE

Bike(s):
.07 Harley Davidson softail fsxtc-
05 gixxer 750
04 YZ 450
03 CR 125

three words BOB HURRICANE HANNAH, the first year of the monoshock,then a kx125, 2000 bought a cbr900rr and been sportbiking every since
LEANANGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #60
Amanda
Bulletproof

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

You hear so many ppl pose that question of 'what made u start riding or want to get a bike'?!

I never know how to answer....
Maybe i had a ken barbie with a MC, maybe i saw one while i was still in the car seat looking out the window..

I never had a bf with one, no man/woman ever had one in my family, no friend ever had one...

Long story short, i'm good with money...I was 19...went and took MSF (to learn gears, clutch, brakes etc...i had never even driven a standard anything, much less a MC... learned the gears and everything, found my dream bike shortly after..and started riding! Streets for about a year....then got bit by the track bug... (still determined to have some street riding tho :-p)...im stubborn like that..

Advertisement