MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #21
Mic

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
I've always loved going fast, hard acceleration, etc. I grew up riding bicycles everywhere, loved the freedom and the wind.

Bought my first bike (1980 Honda CB750K w/ Vetter fairing) as a commuter, I lived 45 miles from the office in farm country up in Northern Colorado. Those were some of the best days, just cruising empty farm roads just me, the green farmers fields and the mountains as a backdrop.

I stopped riding for a few years after I moved to Houston old the bike sat and now need some serious maintenance. Every time I fixed a part, something else broke. I bought a my second bike (03 Kawi Z1K fuel injected! No more gummed carbs) July of last year and have been rinding the snot out of it since.

I just love being free.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EvOlUtIoN YES or NO Vote noW DepPravacion The Circus 11 05-10-2010 12:32 PM
Evolution? BigComfy The Circus 210 10-24-2008 10:04 PM
Evolution of Intelligence? CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 27 12-22-2007 11:10 PM
Third Arm - Evolution? ArturoC Off Topic 22 05-31-2006 04:01 PM
BIKER EVOLUTION FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-27-2005 08:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #22
Whorenet
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #23
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by Squeaky; 01-30-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #24
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Learned to ride my brother's dirtbike at 4 (so I guess it was then both of ours) and got several bigger dirtbikes as I got older. Rode moto for several years in college and got my first street bike (R6) 3 years ago when I was 24.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #25
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorenet View Post
just talk? i think youre on the wrong forum to find those kinda people....

I think you misunderstood me. I'm glad people on MH aren't just about "talk"

Islandkilo
IslandKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:00 AM   #26
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
I'm enjoying the stories being shared here. Best thread I've seen in a while
fo sho

Islandkilo
Old 02-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #27
tyme2move

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

My parents had street legal dirt bikes when we were kids (can't remember what kind) I rode with mom & my little bro rode in front of my dad on his. Every weekend we hit the roads. Got my m/c permit @ 16 right after my driver's license. M/c driver's ed was alot more fun than regular drivers ed. I did some trail riding in my teens and then married young. Hubby #1 turned out to be allergic to work (but not alcohol) & there was never any money for hobbies. Soo..did not ride for many years.. Hubby #2 came along, we got a 4wheeler and had lots of fun! He mentioned buying a m/c..i said not unless I got one first, '87 yamaha virago 535. Good starter bike. I've since moved to his '99 katana 600, he's on his GXS-R 1000. I really like the katana, but am still getting used to it! My 17 yr old daughter is learning on the Yamaha. She just took the MSF with me and my mom. My 5 yr old has a kawa 50 with training wheels.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #28
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme2move View Post
My parents had street legal dirt bikes when we were kids (can't remember what kind) I rode with mom & my little bro rode in front of my dad on his. Every weekend we hit the roads. Got my m/c permit @ 16 right after my driver's license. M/c driver's ed was alot more fun than regular drivers ed. I did some trail riding in my teens and then married young. Hubby #1 turned out to be allergic to work (but not alcohol) & there was never any money for hobbies. Soo..did not ride for many years.. Hubby #2 came along, we got a 4wheeler and had lots of fun! He mentioned buying a m/c..i said not unless I got one first, '87 yamaha virago 535. Good starter bike. I've since moved to his '99 katana 600, he's on his GXS-R 1000. I really like the katana, but am still getting used to it! My 17 yr old daughter is learning on the Yamaha. She just took the MSF with me and my mom. My 5 yr old has a kawa 50 with training wheels.
nothin beats a family that rides together

Islandkilo
Old 02-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #29
mrclean
Squid Pro Quo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda XL 600
Blackbird
RC51
1000RR
CB 350

My rider skills did not evolve . . . it was Intelligent Design!
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #30
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I was drawn to bikes like a moth to a flame.
My parents said I could have one when I could afford to make the payments AND a place to live because I would never have one as long as I lived at their house.
Once I got a decent job I moved into an apartment and 3 weeks later bought a Yamaha 850 special. The day I went to pick it up it was raining hard outside and the salesman (who I'm still good friends with) asked if I wanted to wait a day or 2.
I told him I was taking that bike home if I had to swim with it. So we taped a face shield on my borrowed helmet and off I went.
That was in 1980 and I've had at least 1 bike ever since.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #31
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

my dad was a motorcycle rider since he was in high school, he ended up building his own chopper from the ground up, so i grew up around motorcycles.
I knew i wanted to get a motorcycle but not a chopper like him. i was more into the sportbikes. Now i have my gsxr and love it..

.....end
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #32
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I was drawn to bikes like a moth to a flame.
My parents said I could have one when I could afford to make the payments AND a place to live because I would never have one as long as I lived at their house.
Once I got a decent job I moved into an apartment and 3 weeks later bought a Yamaha 850 special. The day I went to pick it up it was raining hard outside and the salesman (who I'm still good friends with) asked if I wanted to wait a day or 2.
I told him I was taking that bike home if I had to swim with it. So we taped a face shield on my borrowed helmet and off I went.
That was in 1980 and I've had at least 1 bike ever since.
, the day I signed my contract it started thundering and raining. I wasn't comfortable enough to ride in the rain so I signed all the papers but had to leave the bike at the dealer. But the next day the weather cleared up and it was worth the wait

Islandkilo
Old 02-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #33
Amanda
Bulletproof

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)

mine is simple and sweet, i always wanted one. when i was little i would always look out the car for motorcycles. No one in my entire family, mom or dad, never had a bf with one... it was all me...i just wanted one... so finally when i had the money in the bank, i was 19, went and took msf, and bought my 600rr!! 750 comes within the next yr. and then ill get the 1000, then the 1300 :-)... and hopefully by the time i go through all those a better brand will make the 1400 :-) otherwise ill just be stuck with the busa... darn :-) ...

(and no offense to the kawi riders...just not my cup of tea!)
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #34
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandKilo View Post
, the day I signed my contract it started thundering and raining. I wasn't comfortable enough to ride in the rain so I signed all the papers but had to leave the bike at the dealer. But the next day the weather cleared up and it was worth the wait
The worst part was I had never even ridden a big street bike before. I had only ridden friends dirtbikes when i could get away with it.
There was street flooding and lightning, man i was soo nervous but I survived and still got the passion.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #35
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

I was about 8 years old and I began to notice dirt bikes popping up all over my old neighborhood (Mission Bend)... The other kids would ride up and down a bayou we had behind our house all day long... About that time, I was one of the few kids in my click that did not have one so my dad went and bought me a HONDA XL 80, without me knowing... I remember I was playing some type of Sega game at the time and my mom came and told me that my dad needed help getting something out of his van... seconds later I see my dads friend ride up with the XL and from then on it was love... I purchased 2 Ninjas years later... the first one was a 6R and then a 9R... Sold both... then I bought Jenny (my 07 Honda 1KRR)... and so I wait for her to be fixed so that I can continue the story...
Old 02-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #36
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandKilo View Post
nothin beats a family that rides together
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9816 (Small).JPG
Views:	78
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	9148  
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #37
TeXasGiXXer

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Send a message via AIM to TeXasGiXXer
My dad used to ride Trials back in the 70's and 80's, he had a few street bikes back then as well. All of his brothers ride HDs and I was never really interested until about middle school. I started looking at them online in about '00 and looked in the cycle trader for a while. I found a guy that I thought I would buy from back in '01, he gave me a ride on the backseat, it was my first time on any bike then. I was automatically hooked and knew that I wanted one for sure. I started to ride around on my dad's old trials bike to understand controls. I rode a mountain bike around for many years, learned wheelies, stoppies, balancing and lots of other tricks. Finally, out grew that and bought my first bike in 2004. I have been riding my Gixxer since. I'm looking to upgrade to a 750 or 1k within the next couple of yeas.

2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750
TeXasGiXXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #38
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

Thats awesome u can ride wit ur fam

Islandkilo
Old 02-03-2008, 10:50 PM   #39
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

harleys run in my family. My great granda-pa rode a harley in a steel ball in a carnival on galveston island. everyone on my dad's side every since has had motorcycles... including me. Got my first dirt bike at 15 years old, a kx-80. rode it for years until I traded a 72 vw bug for a 83 magna 75 when I was 19 years old. Owned several bikes since... 82 magna 750, shadow 600 vlx, shadow 1100, superhawk, rc51 and now a busa.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #40
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

aight its been awhile since this thread was active and we have A WHOLE BUNCH of new members since then so I thought I'd bump it......

Again, post up the beginnings of u as a rider, what made u start riding/racing, etc..

Islandkilo

Advertisement