MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Deferred Adjudication

Can it raise your insurance rates? I've received 5-8 tickets since last summer but I KNOW I have either gotten them dismissed, gotten on deferred, or haven't gone to court for the others yet. Yet this month I had a Policy Change charge of $36.11 making my bill this month $132.94

It says my total policy change was $169.05 but it's being split up. WTH could cause this? I will call my agent tomorrow but it's bothering me now.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ticket got deferred GSXRCoastie Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 9 08-09-2011 04:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Can it raise your insurance rates? I've received 5-8 tickets since last summer but I KNOW I have either gotten them dismissed, gotten on deferred, or haven't gone to court for the others yet. Yet this month I had a Policy Change charge of $36.11 making my bill this month $132.94

It says my total policy change was $169.05 but it's being split up. WTH could cause this? I will call my agent tomorrow but it's bothering me now.

~Keith
No DA doesn't increase ur rate as long as u completed it and the ticket is not on ur record.

Sounds like u either added a car, or made a coverage change that increase ur rate. is this with sf? is it car or bike?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

As far as I know, it's supposed to be dismissed as long as you stay clean so it shouldn't show up at all.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
No DA doesn't increase ur rate as long as u completed it and the ticket is not on ur record.

Sounds like u either added a car, or made a coverage change that increase ur rate. is this with sf? is it car or bike?
SF, bike
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:

Also, I did change to full coverage a while back which bumped my bill from ~50 to ~94 or so. And it says current installment: $93.63 Policy Changes: $36.11
Old 01-30-2008, 01:24 AM   #6
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Maybe they started this early:

SB 502 increases the minimum liability coverage amounts for automobile insurance. The first increase applies to motor vehicle liability insurance policies issued or renewed after April 1, 2008. A second, larger increase in motor vehicle liability insurance coverage takes effect on
January 1, 2011.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:26 AM   #7
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post

SB 502 increases the minimum liability coverage amounts for automobile insurance. The first increase applies to motor vehicle liability insurance policies issued or renewed after April 1, 2008. A second, larger increase in motor vehicle liability insurance coverage takes effect on
January 1, 2011.
Considering I have full coverage that should have no effect on me. Atleast I don't think so :/:
Old 01-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #8
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post

January 1, 2011.
Not yet!

Quote:
Also, I did change to full coverage a while back which bumped my bill from ~50 to ~94 or so. And it says current installment: $93.63 Policy Changes: $36.11

Ok so that's the reason for the change. From the date u increased 2 full coverage up until the date they finally got it on a bill, they took the difference in what u did pay from the amount u should have paid for the increase, and split that amount into 3 separate installments to be added for the next 3 mos 2 ur billing rather than have u pay the whole difference at once. Here's the Math:

Old amount - $50
New amount with the full coverage $94
difference is $44

So u musta changed to full coverage back in December, and they are now billing u for Dec/Jan/and month up front (if ur not on drafting) for the $44 difference u shoulda paid with the increase for the full coverage, but didn't cause they still billed the $50.

Make since?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:36 AM   #9
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Make since?
No...sorry

I've paid Around $100 for the last few months IIRC. I changed back in October or November. I was told my bills would be right around $100/month. I'm soooo confused
Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #10
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
No...sorry

I've paid Around $100 for the last few months IIRC. I changed back in October or November. I was told my bills would be right around $100/month. I'm soooo confused
It's kinda sucky how it's done, but ur not paying any more than what u owe. Keep in mind our monthly dept and auto department r both kinda slow with communicating 2 each other..

Riddle me this batman, Do we automatically draft for ur monthly amount or r u on regular monthly where u just get a bill in the mail every month? When did the policy changes start? What is ur monthly due date?

I'm good a this i promise..I've been explaining these kinda bills for SF for 10yrs!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 AM   #11
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Riddle me this batman, Do we automatically draft for ur monthly amount or r u on regular monthly where u just get a bill in the mail every month? When did the policy changes start? What is ur monthly due date?

I'm good a this i promise..I've been explaining these kinda bills for SF for 10yrs!

I'm still confusseeddd!

-Monthly Bill
-Policy changed in Nov. or Dec.
-Due Feb. 8th

I just now saw it says this is 2 out of 3 billings that include my policy change. So my question is this: If I continue with my full coverage and comprehensive what will my bills be on a monthly basis? $96.83 or $132.94(both include the $3 service fee )?! I can afford 97, but no bueno on the 133

If I dropped full coverage right now, would I still owe 133 for this bill? If I did drop it and still had to pay, when would I be covered on full coverage until? Sorry for being such a nuisance!

Last edited by a forum moderator; 01-30-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #12
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm still confusseeddd!

-Monthly Bill
-Policy changed in Nov. or Dec.
-Due Feb. 8th

I just now saw it says this is 2 out of 3 billings that include my policy change. So my question is this: If I continue with my full coverage and comprehensive what will my bills be on a monthly basis? $96.83 or $132.94(both include the $3 service fee )?! I can afford 97, but no bueno on the 133

If I dropped full coverage right now, would I still owe 133 for this bill? If I did drop it and still had to pay, when would I be covered on full coverage until? Sorry for being such a nuisance!
Not at all, it isn't u i answer this question daily!

Ok so as of the middle or near the end of Nov because u added the full cvg, ur premium on the bike went up by $44 to $96.83. In Nov & Dec however they charged & u paid what ur regular premium was for liability which was the $50.

So in Jan u owed this $44 difference from the exact date u increased ur coverage thru Jan.

So the total charges for the increase in premium due 2 the addition of the full coverage from Nov to Jan is $108.33 exactly($44 for jan, $44 for dec, $20.33 for Nov), and all they did was rather than give u this amount all at once, they broke it up into a $36.11 installments for the next 3 months.

So u will see the $132.94 for Jan/Feb/Mar and in April u will come back to the $96.83.

Original premium $50
New premium $96.83
The cost for the full coverage from date u added in mid Nov thru Jan $108.33
$108.33 broken up into 3 installments is $36.11
$36.11 + new premium of $96.83 + $3 svc chg = $135.93 or
as of feb 5th u can pay $169.05 to pay everything up and as of Mar u will get a regular bill of $96.83 instead of that happening in april

Last edited by Candy; 01-30-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 AM   #13
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

I see the light! Thanks a tonnnn
Old 01-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #14
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
I see the light! Thanks a tonnnn
Do u really??!! it's a shitload to take in, honestly.... but the gist of it is u'll pay the $ 135 until mar, and in april u'll see the correct amount of the $96.

Nothing is being added, that u don't actually owe.

As for the deferred/ticks/accidents, they'll never increase ur premium for these items we have no way of surcharging for them on bikes like on cars. Instead if u have the at fault accident or the tickets, they just CANCEL the policy at the next renewal, b/c once u get em, u no longer qualify for a bike policy thru SF. So do whatever it takes 2 keep ur ticks off ur record, and drive safely.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:38 AM   #15
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Do u really??!! it's a shitload to take in, honestly.... but the gist of it is u'll pay the $ 135 until mar, and in april u'll see the correct amount of the $96.

Nothing is being added, that u don't actually owe.

As for the deferred/ticks/accidents, they'll never increase ur premium for these items we have no way of surcharging for them on bikes like on cars. Instead if u have the at fault accident or the tickets, they just CANCEL the policy at the next renewal, b/c once u get em, u no longer qualify for a bike policy thru SF. So do whatever it takes 2 keep ur ticks off ur record, and drive safely.
I've realized that when worse comes to worse they almost always offer deferred regardless of the circumstances

Thanks again hun, you helped a LOT
Old 01-30-2008, 03:30 AM   #16
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
I've realized that when worse comes to worse they almost always offer deferred regardless of the circumstances

Thanks again hun, you helped a LOT
Exactly!!!

Great News!!! Anytime!

Advertisement