MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #41
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I finally got around to calling the JP's office. My fine is $180. If I want deferred I have to show up in court to request it. Otherwise, I can apply online for defensive driving or a safety course. My courts costs will be $105 and the ticket dismissed if I complete the course in a timely manner.

I'm thinking of taking the ERC rather than defensive driving. I've got that show memorized. Does anyone know if that is offered on the SE side of town?

Where do I get information on the course itself?
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Out of state speeding citation CarbonJames Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 13 11-07-2012 01:17 PM
Expired plate citation? theManofRussia General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 05-30-2012 09:13 PM
citation help! X2thaV General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-26-2012 11:32 PM
school gets noise citation witchdoctor575 Off Topic 10 04-14-2009 08:30 PM
Speeding ticket, wrong address on citation CarbonJames Off Topic 10 03-23-2009 03:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #42
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R

I'll use a lawyer from now on. Sprecher (713-639-2600) has gotten the last two tickets dismissed - lawyer fees were $100.00 each. Nothing on my record and spent less than 30min in court between the two. I'm willing to gamble at the chance of having to pay a little more, in hope to have everything dismissed. Already way ahead anyway...

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #43
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

They must not like you. I'm on deferred right now and didn't have to show up at the Court. Just sent a letter.

We have an ERC scheduled for March 8 that still has spots left.

Additional Info about the Experienced RiderCourse.

If you want one closer, there's a list of schools here.

Be sure and check the cancellation policy when you call. We get calls all the time from people that had their ERC cancelled at the last minute and then they can't find one in time to get their ticket dismissed.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #44
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
They must not like you. I'm on deferred right now and didn't have to show up at the Court. Just sent a letter.

We have an ERC scheduled for March 8 that still has spots left.

Additional Info about the Experienced RiderCourse.

If you want one closer, there's a list of schools here.

Be sure and check the cancellation policy when you call. We get calls all the time from people that had their ERC cancelled at the last minute and then they can't find one in time to get their ticket dismissed.
Thank you for the info.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #45
1fasthyundai

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
05 GSXR-1000

Send a message via AIM to 1fasthyundai Send a message via Yahoo to 1fasthyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
use theticketattorney.com
the best, the only. has done MANY for me. and don't take defensive driving, it goes on the record of what you DON'T see. when stopped your record has "hits" or information regarding traffic offences. even if you get DD you show "ticket 60 in 50 XXXXX county" then "DD taken". this tells the guy who stopped you information you don't wan't him to know. your insurance sees this as well, but doesn't do much about it that you can see. get deferred, and keep it away forever!

trust me.
dam it I wish you had posted this like a month ago lol
1fasthyundai is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement