MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

So I got this speeding citation

And what I really would like to know from those of you who have used the services of an attorney is........I haven't taken defensive driving in over a year or gone the route of deferred adjudification. So knowing that the fine is $133.00 or $75 or so for an attorney, should I just ask for one of the outs or do I pay the attorney?

As for the details, I was on the Beltway service road on a Saturday morning and yes, I was exceeding the posted limit. The constable zapped me with his laser and walked out to wave me over. He was very cordial and didn't even give me the sermon. We talked as he wrote me up and he finished by saying "Have a nice day and don't you know how dangerous those things are?" I laughed and said, "You are the one who voluntarily took a job that requires you to carry a gun and protect yourself and others from all types of criminals and miscreants and you think that riding a motorcycle is dangerous?"
He told me that I was number 15 that morning and that he would be there every weekend for the next several weeks.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Out of state speeding citation CarbonJames Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 13 11-07-2012 01:17 PM
Expired plate citation? theManofRussia General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 05-30-2012 09:13 PM
citation help! X2thaV General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-26-2012 11:32 PM
school gets noise citation witchdoctor575 Off Topic 10 04-14-2009 08:30 PM
Speeding ticket, wrong address on citation CarbonJames Off Topic 10 03-23-2009 03:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
vertigo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50

Send a message via AIM to vertigo
I have noticed they are busting a lot on the tollway lately as well. Kinda keeps me in check I guess.

Get the lawyer, you dont want it on your record, unless of course you can take DD.
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Well yeah, I know I don't want it on my record and I'm pretty sure if I ask for DD it will be granted. So what is the value of the attorney if I'm gonna have to pay the fine and pay for DD? If the attorney can't get it dismissed or reduced, I just add their cost too. So it seems like a bit of a gamble and I am asking those who have done it, if it's worth spending the $75.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

G-Man got a lawyer and got Deferred with a $299 ticket... Doesn't have to take DD and it won't go on his record as long as he doesn't get another one for 4 months. (and he better not!)

He may have been able to get the same deal with the lawyer but he only cost $70, so ?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
tyme2move

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
And what I really would like to know from those of you who have used the services of an attorney is........I haven't taken defensive driving in over a year or gone the route of deferred adjudification. So knowing that the fine is $133.00 or $75 or so for an attorney, should I just ask for one of the outs or do I pay the attorney?

As for the details, I was on the Beltway service road on a Saturday morning and yes, I was exceeding the posted limit. The constable zapped me with his laser and walked out to wave me over. He was very cordial and didn't even give me the sermon. We talked as he wrote me up and he finished by saying "Have a nice day and don't you know how dangerous those things are?" I laughed and said, "You are the one who voluntarily took a job that requires you to carry a gun and protect yourself and others from all types of criminals and miscreants and you think that riding a motorcycle is dangerous?"
He told me that I was number 15 that morning and that he would be there every weekend for the next several weeks.

Exactly where would that be??
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

was it on the bike?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I got this ticket in December, so I doubt that he is still working the South beltway and Cullen area.

Yes, I was on the Daytona and was clocked at 70 in a 50. It was 8:00 AM and virtually no traffic. I wasn't playing or trying to speed. Just traveling and not paying attention.

Defensive driving and deferred are usually available for the asking if your record isn't heavily tainted. With this exception, my record is clean. That's why I want to keep it off. I'm just trying to do it the least expensive way.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Take defensive driving... an attorney DOES NOT guarantee you will get out of the ticket...
Old 01-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
G-Man got a lawyer and got Deferred with a $299 ticket... Doesn't have to take DD and it won't go on his record as long as he doesn't get another one for 4 months. (and he better not!)

He may have been able to get the same deal with the lawyer but he only cost $70, so ?
Did he have to pay any court costs in addition to the attorney fee?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

don't know if you could DD since it was on the bike, alot of times peeps take the MSF ERC (experienced) class $75 when they're popped on the bike.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I was allowed defensive driving last year when I got one on the ZX-14, but that was HPD on the Gulf Freeway.

I wouldn't mind the ERC if it's an option. Frankly, I have the DD class almost memorized and would prefer something different.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

remember that you CAN ask for deferred adjudication YOURSELF
Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #15
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I was allowed defensive driving last year when I got one on the ZX-14, but that was HPD on the Gulf Freeway.

I wouldn't mind the ERC if it's an option. Frankly, I have the DD class almost memorized and would prefer something different.
Take the ERC course. it's pretty fun + you spend the day outsided on your bike instead of inside a class room.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #16
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

My attorney sucked and I went to trial by jury and lost. Wasted 2 days.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #17
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I ain't tarded. I just don't always pay attention.

But I'm giving your avatar my full attention. You could poke an eye out with one of those.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #18
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
"Have a nice day and don't you know how dangerous those things are?" I laughed and said, "You are the one who voluntarily took a job that requires you to carry a gun and protect yourself and others from all types of criminals and miscreants and you think that riding a motorcycle is dangerous?"
LOL you got him good. Oh yea, tickets suck and speed limits suck too. Sorry you got popped bro.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #19
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Kenneth Bradshaw in Deer Park is a ticket wizard. WWW.DPLAW. I know of a bunch of tickets he has made go away for people. Not one person has said he failed them. He has even gotten racing tickets dissmissed.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

use theticketattorney.com
the best, the only. has done MANY for me. and don't take defensive driving, it goes on the record of what you DON'T see. when stopped your record has "hits" or information regarding traffic offences. even if you get DD you show "ticket 60 in 50 XXXXX county" then "DD taken". this tells the guy who stopped you information you don't wan't him to know. your insurance sees this as well, but doesn't do much about it that you can see. get deferred, and keep it away forever!

trust me.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement