MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #21
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

yep, i was always tought to man up to it, because if they find out later you lied, the punishment will be worse. the problem is that most people truly believe that they are the ones that won't get caught.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
would you report insurance fraud at a local dealership? green600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 01-03-2013 12:39 PM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #22
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Coming from an INS REP... INSURANCE FRAUD IS FOR LOSERS!!!! It costs us ALL!!!!!

I've had full cvg between my bikes & car for the past 10yrs, u know how many times i've collected from my insurance co for a claim in that period of time.......0, yet every other year or so my rates go up just a tad! Here's the reason why, and this is HOW insurance actually WORKS:

ok so imagine this olympic sized pool. Now let's start filling that pool with the $$ WE EACH spent this year for the cost of insuring our bikes and cars. NOW we have a couple of claims that we need to pay so, now we have to start taking $$ OUT of our full pool 2 pay these claims. So now our pool is getting low b/c the amount we taking out is MORE THAN the amount we r putting in, so how do we refill it....increase the amount we have to put in.

Bikes r the worst on this....u got a dude who paid $300 worth of premium on a bike, only to have totalled it in an avoidable wreck or HAD IT STOLEN. The ins co pays out $10k, our little pool of money just took a $9700 HIT, and the cold part is IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY, and we still gotta pay the false medical claims, the scum bag lawyers, and more importantly the REAL CLAIMS!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #23
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
Coming from an INS REP... INSURANCE FRAUD IS FOR LOSERS!!!! It costs us ALL!!!!!

I've had full cvg between my bikes & car for the past 10yrs, u know how many times i've collected from my insurance co for a claim in that period of time.......0, yet every other year or so my rates go up just a tad! Here's the reason why, and this is HOW insurance actually WORKS:

ok so imagine this olympic sized pool. Now let's start filling that pool with the $$ WE EACH spent this year for the cost of insuring our bikes and cars. NOW we have a couple of claims that we need to pay so, now we have to start taking $$ OUT of our full pool 2 pay these claims. So now our pool is getting low b/c the amount we taking out is MORE THAN the amount we r putting in, so how do we refill it....increase the amount we have to put in.

Bikes r the worst on this....u got a dude who paid $300 worth of premium on a bike, only to have totalled it in an avoidable wreck or HAD IT STOLEN. The ins co pays out $10k, our little pool of money just took a $9700 HIT, and the cold part is IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY, and we still gotta pay the false medical claims, the scum bag lawyers, and more importantly the REAL CLAIMS!

That's what I thought Candie!!!! But you mean, it isn't a way to get back from being raped throughout the years I haven't made a claim??? Oh wait, that is why they call it insurance....not "get out of a bind for cheap"....

I think I'm gonna try and pull a quick one on the dealer next time I'm sitting at a Blackjack table....he'll ask if anyone wants insurance b/c he's showing an ace...I'll decline the offer and when he pulls a face card out from under that ace I'll quickly throw my insurance money on the table so I can get paid....

I just can't see how people knowingly do this, and better yet....admit to it openly on a public forum.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #24
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

candies dead on, and people wonder why 600SS bike ins. is so high, there's your answer.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #25
TnTEntR1
R.I.P Bobby K/ NY Matty

Bike(s):
'06 Yama R1

No comments here.... will be closely supervised!

Tuan Tran
MOTO-INSURANCE
Direct# 281-300-1333
"Like a Good Neighbor, TntEntR1 is there!"
TnTEntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

And expect it 2 get higher...
Old 01-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #27
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TntEntR1M.S01 View Post
??
Old 01-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #28
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Candi. . . how hard is it to switch agents? I also NEED to get full coverage here pretty soon. Is there a way to also know what my rates will be after I turn 25 in May?
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #29
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
YOU TOO, HUH? You agree that when you f*ck up and fail to have appropriate insurance coverage you should lie, steal, cheat (whatever you want to call it) to make things right for yourself.... people....

and you say I need to wake up?

and of course they try squeeze you when they have to pay out....why wouldn't they? After all, like you said...it's a business. And when 100's of folks are making "false" claims they lose out even more....catch 22 isn't it???
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu91BKp...aud/index.html

No sympathy for the insurance company nor the thief. To me, both are the same.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #30
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

I dislike ins companies as much as anyone,but was always told 2 wrongs dont make a right
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #31
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch View Post
Candi. . . how hard is it to switch agents? I also NEED to get full coverage here pretty soon. Is there a way to also know what my rates will be after I turn 25 in May?
not hard at all, pm sent!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #32
TnTEntR1
R.I.P Bobby K/ NY Matty

Bike(s):
'06 Yama R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
I dislike ins companies as much as anyone,but was always told 2 wrongs dont make a right
i'm the small percent that like insurance company. you must of had a bad experience with insurance in your past.

log on to department of insurance at http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/auto/cpautoci06.html

Tuan Tran
MOTO-INSURANCE
Direct# 281-300-1333
"Like a Good Neighbor, TntEntR1 is there!"
TnTEntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #33
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu91BKp...aud/index.html

No sympathy for the insurance company nor the thief. To me, both are the same.
So u self insure right! Ur home, ur cars, ur health....u pay EVERYTHING OUTTA POCKET. Ur $200k house burns to the ground, YOU write a builder a check for $200k to rebuild it. U go to the hospital and need stitches YOU pay that bill in full.

It's not about sympathy at all, it's about using the insurance co for the RIGHT REASONS instead of frivolously. Insurance Fraud is a $1billion+ industry right now and guess whose ultimately paying that tab....the consumer. Wanna keep rates low, use ur insurance WHEN U NEED IT.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #34
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Everybody that's on here blabbing about not liking ins co's need 2 rethink their situation. NONE of u are prepared to fork over $10k to repair or replace ur bike if it gets wrecked/stolen...for real that is.... so since u CAN'T, who can u rely on 2 do it the INS CO that u can't stand.

Now since u NEED INS CO's, the key to making ur experience more pleasurable is to not have to fork over obscene amounts of money to them every month, SO kicking fraud out the window and encouraging better habits of driving to prevent AVOIDABLE accidents are a benefit 2 u!

So no fraud and better judgment when riding or even driving FTW!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #35
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

....well on the other side candy,

There are a number of insurance carriers/companies that could work on their customer service skills also.

With my wreck, earlier this month.. it's been interesting in comparing the
quality of information and communication with my insurance carrier and the other guys... and interesting differences in operation also.

Last edited by Ulric; 01-25-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #36
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
....well on the other side candy,

There are a number of insurance carriers/companies that could work on their customer service skills also.

With my wreck, earlier this month.. it's been interesting in comparing the
quality of information and communication with my insurance carrier and the other guys.
NOW that I 100% agree with!! i tell customers all the time, u don't know ANYTHING about a co until u have a CLAIM! if it's an easy process, ur with a co that's awesome, if they r slow and dragging their feet about paying u, they are trash.

Ur agent is a representation OF that claim service 2. If ur getting treated bad in the front end, expect it come claim time 2. I'm normally pretty up front and HONEST with my customers and it goes a long way!

Best advise....GO TO ANY BODY SHOP car or bike and ask them what the BEST insurance co's are.....STATE FARM hands down!

Tuan jus put up a great stat sheet from TDI about our complaint index, and the numbers are BEAUTIFUL as far as customer service goes on a company as big as SF!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #37
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
NOW that I 100% agree with!! i tell customers all the time, u don't know ANYTHING about a co until u have a CLAIM! if it's an easy process, ur with a co that's awesome, if they r slow and dragging their feet about paying u, they are trash.

Ur agent is a representation OF that claim service 2. If ur getting treated bad in the front end, expect it come claim time 2. I'm normally pretty up front and HONEST with my customers and it goes a long way!

Best advise....GO TO ANY BODY SHOP car or bike and ask them what the BEST insurance co's are.....STATE FARM hands down!

Tuan jus put up a great stat sheet from TDI about our complaint index, and the numbers are BEAUTIFUL as far as customer service goes on a company as big as SF!

If you know a Wendell (sp?) in TL, tell him he REALLY needs to work on his people skills.
No offense to you and Trent.. but my epxeriences with SF have been. Ok, first time was better than last. However the contact with the other guys carrier has been a LOT nicer, informative and communicative.
Granted, we haven't settled out yet...but so far I'm more impressed with the other side.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #38
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TntEntR1M.S01 View Post
yeah, especially if you're client is open to the idea of "I got run off the road...2 months after they tore the bike up".
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #39
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #40
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
If you know a Wendell (sp?) in TL, tell him he REALLY needs to work on his people skills.
No offense to you and Trent.. but my epxeriences with SF have been. Ok, first time was better than last. However the contact with the other guys carrier has been a LOT nicer, informative and communicative.
Granted, we haven't settled out yet...but so far I'm more impressed with the other side.
TL, sounds like Total Loss...

I'm sorry 2 hear of, but when ur dealing with people unfortunately it happens. No offense taken at all!

Advertisement