Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Insurance Fraud....

ok, so I have a few peeps on here that disagree with me when I say that insurance fraud affects all insured motorists....as in higher rates for everyone....

am I wrong?

am I the only one (besides PoPo of course) that mans up when we screw up?

It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and it was everybody's fault, except my own of course. If you screw up and make poor decisions in life, please don't pass those mistakes down to honest individuals who try to abide by the law and try to be positive members of society.

Thanks,

DBuck
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
would you report insurance fraud at a local dealership? green600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 01-03-2013 12:39 PM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
ok, so I have a few peeps on here that disagree with me when I say that insurance fraud affects all insured motorists....as in higher rates for everyone....

am I wrong?

It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and it was everybody's fault, except my own of course. If you screw up and make poor decisions in life, please don't pass those mistakes down to honest individuals who try to abide by the law and try to be positive members of society.

Thanks,

DBuck
i agree, make a mistake, man up to it. be honest.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
The whole industry is a scam. They will use any excuse to raise rates.

It's still illegal and shouldn't be done.

of course, I think since we are required by law to have insurance, the rates should be limited, and no claims denied, but that's just me.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sure it does, just like store thefts or any kinda thievery.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
yeah, of course ins fraud affects everyone... but people still do it.

this is actually an interesting game theory concept:

if I commit an insurance fraud I will probably financially gain from it (let's assume that the fraud is un-catchable for the sake of the example). While I will gain a lot from it, all the rest will loose a little bit. So there is an incentive for me to do it. However, other drivers following the same logic will also commit frauds. The effect of all the other drivers committing their frauds will have on me: I will be loosing little bits every time someone else commits one and because there are a lot of drivers doing it I will end up loosing more than i've gain by committing the fraud myself.
So in spite of the logic that says that you will gain financially if you commit a fraud, we are all better off by not committing any frauds. This is called Nash equilibrium (nobel prize winning work )("Beatiful Mind" movie). It's unstable since everyone wants to commit the fraud but we are all better off by not doing it!
nuclearalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #6
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

+1.....

frauds, cheats, thieves, etc tax the rest of us.....no such thing as a free lunch

insurance companies might even pay full claims (ie medical) if the system was not so abused
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
sure it does, just like store thefts or any kinda thievery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
no your just a . . . . as far as i am concerned if the insurance companies are gonna rape me with overpriced rates i am gonna get my moneys worth.

dude just get your bike back on the road. even if you have to lie,cheat,steal,or kill

so, I wouldn't be assuming if I said the idiots who make comments like these are scum individuals, right?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
so, I wouldn't be assuming if I said the idiots who make comments like these are scum individuals, right?
no, they are not particularly scummy... after all we all feel this way... but intelligent ones realize that if we all "act" on our "feelings" we all will lose.

I do not steal not because i believe in 10 commandments but because i know if everyone else starts stealing i stand to lose a lot more than i gain by stealing... Its a basic concept of humanity - we all live in a society after all.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstn26 View Post
no, they are not particularly scummy... after all we all feel this way... but intelligent ones realize that if we all "act" on our "feelings" we all will lose.

I do not steal not because i believe in 10 commandments but because i know if everyone else starts stealing i stand to lose a lot more than i gain by stealing... Its a basic concept of humanity - we all live in a society after all.
ok, maybe scum wasn't the right word, perhaps I should have said CHEATERS....and plus one on the 10 commandments....

I didn't realize so many people would actually consider taking the "easy" way out....it just bugs me that I could possibly be asociating with people like this at M&G's and such.....It's people like this that I actually despise (sp?) the most.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #10
level5
moving chicane

Why are y'all defending the biggest crook of all? Insurance is a business company, they collect your money and make money and more money. When you are involve in an accident, they will try to screw you and not paying you a dime if they could. They are one heartless . Maybe, you haven't been screwed by them. They will raise your rates regardless if they pay out $1 or millions. It is a way for them to get their money back. Wake up people.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I am sensing an underlying story here...
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
dirtybaydj

Bike(s):
03 Gixxer 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstn26 View Post

Everyone needs to remember that you can't trust a thief. Honesty pays off in the end . It's cool to screw over people till someone does it to you!
dirtybaydj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #13
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Why are y'all defending the biggest crook of all? Insurance is a business company, they collect your money and make money and more money. When you are involve in an accident, they will try to screw you and not paying you a dime if they could. They are one heartless . Maybe, you haven't been screwed by them. They will raise your rates regardless if they pay out $1 or millions. It is a way for them to get their money back. Wake up people.
YOU TOO, HUH? You agree that when you f*ck up and fail to have appropriate insurance coverage you should lie, steal, cheat (whatever you want to call it) to make things right for yourself.... people....

and you say I need to wake up?

and of course they try squeeze you when they have to pay out....why wouldn't they? After all, like you said...it's a business. And when 100's of folks are making "false" claims they lose out even more....catch 22 isn't it???
Old 01-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Level, I understand you. However I disagree with your "methods". If you think insurance companies are the crooks (it very well may be) then we should use our legal system to fight it with. I dont think we should be "crooking" back at insurance companies - it won't lead anywhere...

And as for the 10 commandments. Thanks, DBuck, but I hope I didn't confuse you. What I meant to say was that i *don't* believe in living according to some book. I believe living according to basic human principles and logic(and John Nash's game theory! )
Old 01-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #15
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:

am I wrong?

Thanks,

DBuck

+1
Old 01-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of just JetG View Post
No $hit right, wow just read the other popo thread now I see where this came from. Some people think someone owes them something. Very sad world we live in with so much lies and deceit. Just amazing on some of the comments. Not to suprized as I have meet a lot of not so on the up and up people in the bike world. But for the most part I have especially meet on MH a good group of people. I have been very suprized by some and not so suprized by others. I stopped doing any or helping hold any M&G as people though it would be cool to get up and walk there tabs. I have paid over time no less than $250 worth of tabs to have LH keep hold the meets. The last time was when we where doing the M&G benefit for Matt. I got stuck with 75-80 worth of food and drinks. I even know what tables they came from. Wow no shock there, thanks to people like this. It has soured me in to going to as many M&G, I have meet my friends. I have a great group of people that I know would turn there hand to help me if I asked. Most people that just go out and ride with you, wont do jack for you. If you go down, you might be lucky to have someone sit and wait with you. The one that stays are the true friends, the ones that leave and dont care do give two about you or anyone else. They are oportunists, they are out for themselves. Pretty sad, but that is the way it is. I like MH and my friends that I have meet here on this board, but some people I just could care less about. I have had a detective knocking on my door about a insurance fraud case with a bike here recently. I dont like it when I have unannounced visitors and I had nothing to do with any of this, it pissses me off that someone would pull that kind of bs and try and get away with it. Then say well I didint' know anything or I didnt do that. Ya right

J
i'd sit there and wait with ya jet... as i would with most anybody on a motorcycle if they needed it. i know exactly what you are saying though... everyone wants something for free and it's all about me,myself, and I. it's sad really. and on insurance, if you want to get paid in a wreck to fix the car, have full coverage, AND read the fine print. if you don't like it, get a different policy, if you fail to do so you can only blame one person.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #17
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:

People have stupid accidents, file false claims etc...and guess what your rates go up all the same.
Insurance companies do have to make some kind of profit in order to stay in business. That money has to come from somewhere... fraudulent claims, accidents involving un-insured motorists. Where do you think that money comes from? It's not the magic insurance-money fairy.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #18
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
I am sensing an underlying story here...
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=45365

at the end of the second page and most of the third you will see some pretty poor attitudes regarding just let insurance fix it.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #19
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=45365

at the end of the second page and most of the third you will see some pretty poor attitudes regarding just let insurance fix it.
and that is people ACTUALLY recommnding to a COP, to commit fraud.... wow...
Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #20
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
and that is people ACTUALLY recommnding to a COP, to commit fraud.... wow...
that is what I was thinking.... You have to understand that most of those individuals are probably pretty young...maybe they still love at home with mommy or daddy, I dunno.:/: Their remarks basically bring me back to a time in my life (let's say 14 or 15 yrs old) when things were never my fault and blame could be passed onto others....that is why I assume they are young and have very little integrity

Advertisement