Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
Senor Member
Feedback Rating: (2)

k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

uk radar incident...

Top this for a speeding ticket. This took place about 70 km North of Leeds in UK .
Two traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A-1 Great North Road . One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.
Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea .
Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.
Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style:
"Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed."
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 Palms incident Crossfits Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 24 03-25-2015 09:00 AM
Tony Stewart incident RACER X Sports 52 08-12-2014 08:02 PM
Someone gonna get it...(traffic incident) BMoreno Off Topic 20 08-09-2011 10:38 PM
The Ryan's Steakhouse Incident chops288 Off Topic 16 08-02-2007 07:39 PM
Near miss incident- Almost slipped R6_htown General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-07-2007 07:31 PM
Old 01-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

lucky popo
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
moving chicane
Feedback Rating: (0)

Well, , we have speeder on our hands. Let's see how fast he's running, 300mph, there must be something wrong with this radar gun, tap, tap. Uhh, it's not working. Zoooom! the military.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'Tis a true story I'm told
Fancy sending in a complaint
Where's a bit of "friendly fire" when you need it
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #5

06 SV650

Hate to burst your bubble, but I found this on snopes...

I'm still laughing about it, though!
"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error." -Andrew Jackson
JSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
Feedback Rating: (3)

'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

i didn't think that sounded right. I mean an aircraft at 300mph at low level in fairly crowded england?
With munitions armed?
Ready to launch automatically at handheld radar?
If it was common for that kinda thing to happen there would be horrible accidents 3 times a week.
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
When in doubt, restart!

10 Speed :(

would of been funny if true....
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
SBN Mechanic
Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years