MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #61
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?
 
Diablomann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Meadows
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 259


Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife








R we ever!!! gonna see pictures of your Bike, sorry forgot her name, is it Jenny?

If frame and swing arm are not bent, you just replace parts, I would not make that a track bike, tooo expensive, your just gonna go out there and lay her down again, that's why you buy a cheap 600 or 750 to slap on the track unless you have money to burn!!!
__________________


A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track Bike Rebuild. (post them if you got them) floyd600 Taking it to the Track 23 01-11-2012 04:59 PM
My Bike Rebuild (Street to Track) Jenk's Taking it to the Track 39 11-12-2011 02:38 AM
Zorn's bike rebuild thread. Cleaning them up and need help with parts. e.Honda General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 11-16-2009 09:43 AM
Bike Rebuild Party Jan 10th Daily Triumph Events, Meets and Rides 189 01-12-2009 02:02 PM
Bike rebuild!! vicalma03 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-31-2007 10:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #62
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablomann View Post
R we ever!!! gonna see pictures of your Bike, sorry forgot her name, is it Jenny?
pics are in this thread...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44494

and 636 fury....you're not much of a man of integrity, huh?
dbuck is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #63
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?
 
Diablomann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Meadows
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 259


Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife








Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
pics are in this thread...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44494

and 636 fury....you're not much of a man of integrity, huh?

Thanks dude, hurt my heart...
__________________


A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #64
R6Spartan
1000 Killer
 
R6Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southeast Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,967

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and









dude just get your bike back on the road. even if you have to lie,cheat,steal,or kill
__________________
You gotta hurt in order to know. Fall in order to grow..., Lose in order to gain..., Because most of life's lessons are learned in pain...
R6Spartan is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #65
abelrob
Senior Member
 
abelrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Crew
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 669


Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa









Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
pics are in this thread...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44494

and 636 fury....you're not much of a man of integrity, huh?
Not that two wrongs make a right, but insurance companies are pretty fkn crooked. Ive been screwed a couple of times by them so would have no problem doing it right back.
abelrob is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #66
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by 636cc of fury View Post
you should lie and use your insurance thats why you pay for it

just don't be scared
cop....insurance fraud.....not a good idea. unless you like being on the news and wayne dolcefino doing a story on you.

wouldn't be too hard to make a case against him if he lied. DA office would supoena whatever file formats these messages are saved as from solracer. Plus he already posted up his picture on here before so its safe to say that lying to the insurance company aint worth it.

My suggestion to POPO is to work extra jobs everyday of the week for a couple of months and you can have the loan balance paid off. Its sucks to work like that but I did it once to pay IRS 13k in a two month time period. At least he has a job where he can make that kind of money if he wants to. I did it but was basically living out of my truck.
andre3k is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #67
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
cop....insurance fraud.....not a good idea. unless you like being on the news and wayne dolcefino doing a story on you.
that's what I told him in a PM....not a bright idea...especially being a cop....no reason to pass down higher rates to the rest of us....I know a few peeps who have done this and it bit them in the ....HARD. Not worth it...and it shows who has integrity...PoPo being one of them
dbuck is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #68
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Man after seeing those crashed bike pics, I don't think I will ever put my bikes on the track.....I mean I would love to try my 1000 out there but....it just seems WAY too easy to slip up and crash, and that equals mega dollars to repair....I think if I got the bug for the track, I would buy a old 600 to go beat up on around a track..... I know if I just had a simple fall, maybe a stupid low side or something and tore up my $1k akro, I would be major ....not to mention the rest of the bodywork etc.....

MMMM No thanks.
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #69
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
cop....insurance fraud.....not a good idea. unless you like being on the news and wayne dolcefino doing a story on you.

wouldn't be too hard to make a case against him if he lied. DA office would supoena whatever file formats these messages are saved as from solracer. Plus he already posted up his picture on here before so its safe to say that lying to the insurance company aint worth it.

My suggestion to POPO is to work extra jobs everyday of the week for a couple of months and you can have the loan balance paid off. Its sucks to work like that but I did it once to pay IRS 13k in a two month time period. At least he has a job where he can make that kind of money if he wants to. I did it but was basically living out of my truck.

Aside from all the fraud stuff.....he can't claim it on his insurance anyway as he has LIABILITY that has been posted here 10 times.....that doesn't cover your own vehicle....not sure what is so hard to understand about that but..... There is no lying, scamming, blah blah blah that is gonna get that bike repaired under his insurance....its LIABILITY....
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #70
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Aside from all the fraud stuff.....he can't claim it on his insurance anyway as he has LIABILITY that has been posted here 10 times.....that doesn't cover your own vehicle....not sure what is so hard to understand about that but..... There is no lying, scamming, blah blah blah that is gonna get that bike repaired under his insurance....its LIABILITY....
I think he was referring to the ignorance of some people who suggested that he claim the bike under a "new" policy that he could upgrade to after the "accident"....
dbuck is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 04:56 PM   #71
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
I think he was referring to the ignorance of some people who suggested that he claim the bike under a "new" policy that he could upgrade to after the "accident"....
Yeah I was not referring to him particularly.....just several guys posted about claiming it on his insurance after POPO already posted he had liability......

Popo is just gonna have to suck it up and fix it. I bet he could fix it for $3k......$7k is just stupid, they were trying to total it out. I would just buy another bike for $7k and write that off.... sux though cause he owes $11k on it still.
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #72
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












i kind of appreciate my track bike that I bought for a low price, sure its a 2001 with carbs but that didn't bother me when we were sliding down the track together either.
andre3k is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #73
abelrob
Senior Member
 
abelrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Crew
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 669


Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa









Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Aside from all the fraud stuff.....he can't claim it on his insurance anyway as he has LIABILITY that has been posted here 10 times.....that doesn't cover your own vehicle....not sure what is so hard to understand about that but..... There is no lying, scamming, blah blah blah that is gonna get that bike repaired under his insurance....its LIABILITY....
10 times huh? You can have a theft policy without having full coverage, and say the bike was stolen. You can say you hit a dog, and it would be covered under a comp policy for unisured motorist. There are ways without having full coverage.
abelrob is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #74
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
10 times huh? You can have a theft policy without having full coverage, and say the bike was stolen. You can say you hit a dog, and it would be covered under a comp policy for unisured motorist. There are ways without having full coverage.
YES AND THAT WOULD BE CALLED INSURANCE FRAUD!!!!!! I tell ya, some people have no respect and abuse that is suppose to prtect us....so, if PoPo did claim his bike as stolen he could get a check, but he didn't. Why should we (other people who carry insurance (or propoer insurance for this matter)) have to pay for his mistake? People like you kinda me off.
dbuck is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #75
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
10 times huh? You can have a theft policy without having full coverage, and say the bike was stolen. You can say you hit a dog, and it would be covered under a comp policy for unisured motorist. There are ways without having full coverage.
along the lines of what I was thinking. i lot of people have liability with theft, or i've seen them drug out to an empty parking lot and burned.
andre3k is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #76
abelrob
Senior Member
 
abelrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Crew
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 669


Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa









Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
YES AND THAT WOULD BE CALLED INSURANCE FRAUD!!!!!! I tell ya, some people have no respect and abuse that is suppose to prtect us....so, if PoPo did claim his bike as stolen he could get a check, but he didn't. Why should we (other people who carry insurance (or propoer insurance for this matter)) have to pay for his mistake? People like you kinda me off.
I understand that is insurance fraud, and have never commited it or been in the position to commit it. I was responding to the remark that was impossible for one to file a claim with just liability. I have dealt with my insurance many times and they have had no problem ****ing me so givin the chance I might get back at them. Had 1500 dollars worth of stolen out of my truck in a parking lot and was told a homeowners policy would cover it, but the the deductible is usually 1% of the value of the house = $1500.
abelrob is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:21 PM   #77
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I understand that is insurance fraud, and have never commited it or been in the position to commit it. I was responding to the remark that was impossible for one to file a claim with just liability. I have dealt with my insurance many times and they have had no problem ****ing me so givin the chance I might get back at them. Had 1500 dollars worth of stolen out of my truck in a parking lot and was told a homeowners policy would cover it, but the the deductible is usually 1% of the value of the house = $1500.
so, how is that ***ing you??? The only way I see it is that you didn't read your policies fine print and when you needed it, it appeared to screw you....I don't see that as "****ing" you. Most insurance policies carry a deductible...now, if your car burned to the ground and it was worth 20k and you had to shell out $1,500 for a deductible, would you still be that they "screwed" you? I think not....either way, suggesting ins. fraud as a way out is a copout.... And seeing that he is a cop, I doubt he's gonna pursue insurance fraud...especially since it's all over the internet now.
dbuck is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #78
abelrob
Senior Member
 
abelrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Crew
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 669


Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa









Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
so, how is that ***ing you??? The only way I see it is that you didn't read your policies fine print and when you needed it, it appeared to screw you....I don't see that as "****ing" you. Most insurance policies carry a deductible...now, if your car burned to the ground and it was worth 20k and you had to shell out $1,500 for a deductible, would you still be that they "screwed" you? I think not....either way, suggesting ins. fraud as a way out is a copout.... And seeing that he is a cop, I doubt he's gonna pursue insurance fraud...especially since it's all over the internet now.
My truck deductible is only 250, I could have at least recovered 1250.

My home deductible 1500 no recovery.
abelrob is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #79
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,625

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
My truck deductible is only 250, I could have at least recovered 1250.

My home deductible 1500 no recovery.
In that case, I would have claimed it on your truck insurance

Suggesting Ins. Fraud is a coward move...just my opinion of course.
dbuck is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #80
abelrob
Senior Member
 
abelrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Crew
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 669


Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa









Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
In that case, I would have claimed it on your truck insurance

Suggesting Ins. Fraud is a coward move...just my opinion of course.
Ins. wouldnt let me claim it on the truck. They had some ****ed up name for when gets stolen out of your vehicle when its not on your property. The ins. is Allstate so beware.

Only a sugg. its up the the individual on weather or not they want to listen.

Only broken traffic laws in my lifetime.
abelrob is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy