MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #41
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
track that hoe. happes, move on.

but yeah, i'd look more into having insurance cover it.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track Bike Rebuild. (post them if you got them) floyd600 Taking it to the Track 23 01-11-2012 04:59 PM
My Bike Rebuild (Street to Track) Jenk's Taking it to the Track 39 11-12-2011 02:38 AM
Zorn's bike rebuild thread. Cleaning them up and need help with parts. e.Honda General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 11-16-2009 09:43 AM
Bike Rebuild Party Jan 10th Daily Triumph Events, Meets and Rides 189 01-12-2009 02:02 PM
Bike rebuild!! vicalma03 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-31-2007 10:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #42
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

POPO, since you still owe $11k, I would shop around, hustle up parts and fix it. I don't know how bad your bike is but I know for sure I would not have an $11k bike that I could only ride on the track. Bite the bullet, search for parts and repair it. Having an expensive track bike thats just a hobby and likely to get crashed again is not wise.

Ebay, Honda 1000RR message boards/forums, salvage places etc... Even if you have to get painter plastics and have them repainted, its still cheaper then spending the $2500+ on factory plastic, then you could put your own touch on it. If you need help rebuilding it, let me know. Bring beer and pizza and we will rebuild it....ofcourse we will have to add a few mods to it cause thats just my style but....

Oh and next time around, get full coverage....>State Farm is like $75 a month for FC on my busa, I have paid that exact same amount on it since I was 23, I am now 31. It will only pay off the blue book value less the deductable but its better then nothing. But on the same lines as you, I only have liability on my 1000, I paid cash for the bike and don't have a lot of money tied up in it(bout $7k total) so I decided to not penny up for FC. But if I was making payments still or had a lot of money in it(mods/paint/etc) I would have full coverage.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
Old 01-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #43
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

11k owed on the bike and 7k in repairs! 18k

ii would never own something i could not afford full coverage insurance on. i dont trust others or myself to take a financial hit like that

ducatisignature
Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #44
Pat

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 FZ6

I think you should actually check with your insurance company and get the information on what they will and will not do. No need to lie to them, either.

We have all seen some strange accidents here in Houston. Insurance companies have to investigate and discover if they cover those. No real difference in this case. You had an accident, they have to investigate to determine what they cover.

I also think you should check out other shops around town. Not using premium-brand-spanking-new parts & better repair deals should cut the cost of that 7k down a LOT. Sort of like auto repairs, look for the best quote on the fixes.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #45
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
If you need help rebuilding it, let me know. Bring beer and pizza and we will rebuild it....ofcourse we will have to add a few mods to it cause thats just my style but....
Count me in!!!
PGR #121546
Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #46
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx View Post
Look around some BEFORE you decide..........for $7K you might be able to buy another bike AND fix yours. Buying all new Honda parts isn't the only option.
+1
Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #47
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I think you should actually check with your insurance company and get the information on what they will and will not do. No need to lie to them, either.
no point in checking with his insurance company....he only has liability, crash was his fault, no one to put at fault besides himself.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #48
level5
moving chicane

I'll can repair your bike for half the price. If you want mint condition, buy a new one. There is always evidence of bike being down after the repair is being done, unless you replace everything with factory parts.
Such a shame to take a bike on the track without full coverage. I guess you didn't plan on going down like many of us.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #49
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
my full coverage cost 1200yr and im 19 wth an ss
Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #50
Milez28
Blue Blur

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
No... its not just bc of the fact it was on the track... its bc I had liability with that thing that covers you if someone runs you off the road... some people suggested that I say I was Ran Off the road... NOT!!!
didn't you say in the other thread that someone hit you from behind?............. don't know if that will work but just trying to help out.

and 1 other thing, you are STUPID if you spend 7k to fix that thing. You can buy a clean one - same year w/ low miles for LESS that's never been down. Plus even if you spend that much fixing it - it will never be worth that cause it's been in a major crash, so dumping that for cheap and picking up another one would be the smartest decision.......... or if people on this board are willing to help you find cheap parts and help you rebuild I suggest going that route.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #51
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

DBUCK... I would never lie to any financial institution... Its called the HONDA CARD... and with that you ONLY need liability... Please dont assume...

Last edited by PoPoRiderRR; 01-24-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #52
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

UPDATE: Thanks to the many many many PM I have recieved about getting my bike fixed at a much lower price... Many have offered to help me themselves... This was just the 1st estimate... I am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM going to go with the first thing someone tells. me... I plan to fix it slowly but surely... For those that have PMed me I will be writing you all back soon... Again thanks...
Old 01-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #53
MadseasoN

If it were me, I'd get it to a rideable condition and just leave it that way. Ride it on the street and track. Who cares what it looks like.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #54
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
DBUCK... I would never lie to any financial institution... Its called the HONDA CARD... and with that you ONLY need liability... Please dont assume...
no need to PM me and post the same thing, like I said...I was presuming/assuming with what info you gave. Now, riding on the Honda Card with only liability was a poor decision on your part....don't make me out to be the fool....Thanks

and if you need help putting it back together I am more than willing and happy to help you out
Old 01-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #55
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Tobey, I dont give 2 if this WAS directed towards me or not... BC if it wasnt IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN... You are 100% RIGHT... Lesson Learned
Well Obviously, bc if you would have read the post you would have seen I have agreed to that a load of times... but Ill say it again... Guys it WAS A POOR CHOICE TO GO OUT WITHOUT FULL COVERAGE...
Thanks to all for your support regardless...
Old 01-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #56
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I'm with dnutz on this one 100% GL with your situation.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #57
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

I PM'd Dbuck and I will say this to all... I am not upset with anyone here but myself... Its my fault and as such I have to eat the money... I will do my best to put it back together but I know it will take time... I REALLY do appreciate all of your post about this subject and your comments... Thanks again...
Old 01-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #58
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Let me know if you want to sell it as is.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #59
projektsol
flickr:rtranphotography

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
05' 600RR

Send a message via AIM to projektsol
7Gs? wow you can get another used bike for that much.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #60
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
I spoke to Larry(from MSRHouston) today who did a prelim estimate on my FUBARed bike. It' the first estimate since the accident many of you know I had on 1-12-07 at MSRHouston. Larry advised me that it would cost at least $7,000.00 dollars to build the bike up to Pre-Wreck mint conditions using the best HONDA parts out there... He did say we can cut the cost way back if we use " other " after market parts... OR I can turn it into a track bike and just let her be a track from now on... My insurance will not cover a wreck on the track and I DO NOT INTEND TO LIE as many have suggested... I would rather eat the cost... What would you all do??? I thought of just making it a track bike and then buying another brand new one in the near to semi-near future...
you should lie and use your insurance thats why you pay for it

just don't be scared
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com
Closed Thread

Advertisement