MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #41
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
My pennies, for what they're worth, when learning to wheelie it, start in first, from a standstill, with your feet on the ground.

Throttle it up to balance point and then drag your feet on the ground to help balance. I did this and could ride out first gear wheelies all the way across the lot after about 15 minutes.
i tried that with Mala's 50, it didn't work with me... i strated with staggered wheelies, i knew to cover the brake and staggered made the front wheel come up MUCH easier
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
50 stunt questions upononer6 Stunters Lounge 11 05-18-2011 07:38 AM
Honda NSR 50 questions tonyt915 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 13 02-12-2010 10:06 PM
some 50 title questions (ver. 1million) switch Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 14 07-02-2009 01:57 PM
50 Questions vertigo Stunters Lounge 10 01-21-2008 03:42 PM
street legal 50 questions sbfuller Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 25 01-15-2008 09:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #42
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i tried that with Mala's 50, it didn't work with me... i strated with staggered wheelies, i knew to cover the brake and staggered made the front wheel come up MUCH easier
You have rear pegs?

If I'd had rear pegs, I would have tried stand-ups, I think. It felt like BP was hard to get when seated, stand up would have been much better, but I had no rear pegs and you can't stand up on the stockers (as far as I know)

I found dragging my feet to be a really easy method to learn 'em.
__________________
freak20brothers



Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #43
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
You have rear pegs?

If I'd had rear pegs, I would have tried stand-ups, I think. It felt like BP was hard to get when seated, stand up would have been much better, but I had no rear pegs and you can't stand up on the stockers (as far as I know)

I found dragging my feet to be a really easy method to learn 'em.
yeah, i have rear pegs. you should get some, they are cheap... i have a friend that bought bicycle pegs, drilled out the middle so the axle would fit through, cut them on an angle and then done... cheap pegs, i couldn't image ones made for a stunt 50 are expensive though
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #44
Cherub
FTP
 
Cherub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 11,832


Bike(s):
06 Raven R6




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
didnt read the rest of the post but when i was learning getting the BB kit made all the diffence!

to actually wheelie just crank on the gas when you feel it hit pull back a little and it will come up
__________________

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #45
vertigo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NORTH WEST CREW
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,541


Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50









Send a message via AIM to vertigo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
yeah, i have rear pegs. you should get some, they are cheap... i have a friend that bought bicycle pegs, drilled out the middle so the axle would fit through, cut them on an angle and then done... cheap pegs, i couldn't image ones made for a stunt 50 are expensive though
got a set for 35 bucks.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Its not how you ride, it's what you ride..[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
07 Busa
03 Busa
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy