MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #41
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

or you can be a Doctory in Cuba... a doctory makes as much as a brick layer... isnt communism grand???? NOT!!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awesome Cycles is Awesome.. Deflord Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 1 12-11-2014 03:14 PM
If they at least don't like the idea, maybe this isn't such a bad idea myla296 Off Topic 5 06-23-2013 03:52 PM
AWESOME CYCLES..........IS BEYoND AWESOME!!!!! Khan_man Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 6 04-12-2012 11:54 AM
Had an Awesome experience at Awesome Cycles!! rkl56119 New Riders and MSF Course Info 0 12-20-2009 07:22 PM
Awesome Cycles = Awesome Experience Soup Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 4 05-22-2008 09:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #42
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C. View Post
It was also not really open for debate, just an AWESOME IDEA!
I just got caught up in picking at it.
It's all good I'm not much of one for politics and I definately don't study any in the medical field but I always enjoy a good debate

In the end, I'm no better than anyone else, so who's to say my opinion is any better than yours? Just like hearing why people believe what they do.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #43
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Good point. As I stated, I'm mostly poking fun.

However I do think that BOTH the legal and medical professions in this country are well overdue for an overhaul.

Do you agree?
To a point yes I do...

Pyschiatrist & Psychologist...

Psychiatrist on avg make more per hour than a pscychologist, because they can prescribe drugs. Psychologist spends more towards education than pyschiatrist does in regards to mental issues.

Now step outside of medical... Lawyers, popular 'sports' figures?
...but it just highlites the bigger issues of our society(?)
Watch a corporation make layoffs 2 weeks before christmas, then the executives collect a 1/2 mil+ as an end of year 'bonus' (saw this first hand).
Old 01-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #44
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
It's all good I'm not much of one for politics and I definately don't study any in the medical field but I always enjoy a good debate

In the end, I'm no better than anyone else, so who's to say my opinion is any better than yours? Just like hearing why people believe what they do.

~Keith
Old 01-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #45
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

That reminds me, the *corruption* of the medical industry runs wayyy deeper than the doctors themselves. Once you start considering insurance(the big one), drug corporations, private and corporate pharmacies alike, it's makes you go
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 01-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #46
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
or you can be a Doctory in Cuba... a doctory makes as much as a brick layer... isnt communism grand???? NOT!!!
Leave it up to the dems and we will. Better presign the list for those ILLNESSES your going to have in the future.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #47
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
That reminds me, the *corruption* of the medical industry runs wayyy deeper than the doctors themselves. Once you start considering insurance(the big one), drug corporations, private and corporate pharmacies alike, it's makes you go
You left out that doctors get kick back from the drugs they prescribe. Asprin works fine for me.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #48
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
...but it just highlites the bigger issues of our society(?)
Watch a corporation make layoffs 2 weeks before christmas, then the executives collect a 1/2 mil+ as an end of year 'bonus' (saw this first hand).
Been there myself too, it's one of several reasons I left the corporate world.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #49
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Patrick, When I grow up, I want to be like you...
Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #50
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

ummmm....akward...:/:
Old 01-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #51
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Truly in the end, the root of the greatest evil in both professions is the insurance industry.
+1

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #52
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Truly in the end, the root of the greatest evil in both professions is the insurance industry .
Doesn't the government also allow/enable these insurance companies to operate the way they do?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #53
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Medicine is a vicious cycle. The doctor has large college loans to pay back after 12 years extra education. He/She has to have malpractice insurance with rates through the roof for those "frivilous" lawsuits. There aren't enough people who want to be Dr's anymore, so it takes 2 weeks to a month just to get an appointment. The offices and ER's are filled with uninsured people who will never pay a doctors bill and all those rates are included in your bill to your insurance.

As an example - One CPAP machine cost the Dr $400. He bills the insurance $1200 because the "Contracted Percentage" is $417.50. Think $17.50 will pay for even the receptionist who answers the phones? NOT. So now he has to see 6 patients per hour - that's 15 minutes per patient. Now he needs a Nurse, a PA and a billing clerk.

This is how our economy runs. It's good business. IF everyone were equal financially who would mow my lawn? Who would cook and prepare my fast food? Who would sack my groceries? Who would grow those foods I need to survive?

Socalized medicine and Communisim does not work. Equality is a pipe dream for the down trodden. America is great because no matter what your social status at birth you can rise above.

Rememer that next time you want to "pay less" - You get what you Pay for.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #54
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Good point. As I stated, I'm mostly poking fun.

However I do think that BOTH the legal and medical professions in this country are well overdue for an overhaul.

Do you agree?
I agree.

But as stated previously, the insurance premiums doctors/physicians have to pay are ridiculous!! I blame the Lawyers, Insurance Companies, and most of all people who bring on the frivolous lawsuits seeking easy money to exploit the failed system.

My dad was an ER doctor, then went into private practice. Doctors save lives only to be worried about being sued if something went wrong, or even if it didn't go wrong 'cause patients are always looking for a reason to sue anyway. Insurance foots the Bill, the Physicians pay the Premiums, but we (patients) end up paying in the long run.

Some Doctors can't even afford to be Doctors anymore because of the ridiculous premiums they have to pay to stay in practice!
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Doesn't the government also allow/enable these insurance companies to operate the way they do?
Yes they do. Insurance is big bussiness.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement