MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #21
Knightrider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
i have seen dps on other departments scenes for whatever reason...the other 2 i dont mess with cause they are WAY out of my way lol
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GOT PULLED OVER!!!! blackinesenika General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 08-02-2012 05:30 PM
Wonder if he gets pulled over? Vegas Kid Off Topic 9 08-09-2011 12:07 PM
I just got pulled over. . . lilblueninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-21-2011 10:49 PM
Got pulled over... rickykline General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-12-2006 03:48 PM
Got Pulled over... mightymouse General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-19-2005 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #22
JSki

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 SV650

I feel lucky and will pay a little more attention to who I pass, but the whole "contest of speed" stuff that he pulled because I passed someone was kind of lame. If he felt that way he should've pulled the other vehicle over too. Either way, not very often a youngen like me (21) gets let go for doing 20 over.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #23
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Glad you didn't get a ticket

But You know...

If you're ganna give me a ticket. Then just go ahead and give me the ticket!
I hate getting the "you could kill someone" speech.
I always feel like saying....
You know who could kill someone? That person going 50 on the left lane making everyone switch lanes to pass them. THATS WHO!!!
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #24
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

you don't have to stop for an unmarked vehicle, I wouldn't. they need a marked unit to initiate violator contact. he didn't issue out on you because he probably didn't have a ticket book. doesn't really need one in a supervisors vehicle unless he's working accidents. which he probably isn't. he was just flexing on you, with that lame excuse.

good save though dude.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #25
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandKilo View Post
glad to hear no ticket. What time was this cause I was in the same area
This was between 6:30 and 7. And I did get that whole "I don't want you to become someone's hood ornament" speech... I could only imagine what it would be like in his shoes, but the simple matter was I screwed up, didn't watch me speed, and flew by him and I understood that. No need to tell me how I could be road kill or someone's new decal because I face that fact every time I put the kickstand up. That's actually part of the reason why I sped up, because I didn't feel safe where I was at and felt like I needed to get ahead to a more open gap in traffic where I didn't have to worry as much about another jerk off almost running me off the road! If he saw that car speed up when I passed him did he just overlook where he cut me off without indicating? Oh well, once again, I say lesson learned and be more wise about where I open up the throttle to escape potentially bad situations because sometimes it leads to other bad situations.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #26
slim

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
03 R1
zx7r street fighter
95 shadow 1100

was it the suburban that cut you u off in the 1st place?
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #27
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

I'm not sure, to be honest. I couldn't tell if his vehicle was a black truck or suburban because I could only see the front with his blue and red lights and bright headlights on. I don't think it was the same one, but they looked very similar. All of the details of the vehicle were trivial to me by the time I got pulled over. I made no mention of the other guy cutting me off or anything like that because it would mean nothing to him. I've watched that show speeders too many times and would rather say "yeah, I messed up" than make excuses for what I did, but I've pretty much always been like that and it's saved me more times than not.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #28
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Like I said, lesson learned and I'll think twice about how to handle the situation in the future.

Advertisement