MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
JSki

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Got pulled over...

Ok, so tonight on my way home heading north up I-45 towards Conroe I got pulled over. I was around 242 and there was a guy in a suburban that cut in front of me and was driving kind of odd. I was doing about 70 and decided that I would change lanes and blow by him instead of slowing down even more (bad choice). I indicated, downshifted, changed lanes, and overtook him and a few others while not paying attention to my speed while I was reading traffic and trying to find another "sweet spot" in traffic that I could cruise comfortably and safely. Well, next thing I know there are bright headlights RIGHT ON MY and I see flashing lights so I indicate and safely pull over to the shoulder right on top the 242 overpass as quickly and safely as possible. I took off my gloves and my helmet, pulled my headphones out of my ears and waited. It was a younger cop and he came up to me looking pretty and said "you know how fast you were going?" I said no, of course, but didn't really know anyway. He told me that I was doing in excessive of 85 mph (in a 65) and asked for my license and insurance. He went in ran it in his unmarked truck/suburban and came back and handed it to me with no ticket pad in hand. Normally I would feel better about it, but expected to get in a lot of trouble this time (first time pulled over on the bike). He gives me a kind lecture, tells me that he could also ticket me for competition of but felt like it was an error in judgement on my part and that I was smart enough to be more wise in my decisions from now on... you're free to go.
Overall, he was a nice guy, and I'd be saying the same thing even if I got ticketed, and I will be a little smarter about my decisions next time (especially pay more attention to who I'm passing). Thank he let me go because my wife would've KILLED ME!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GOT PULLED OVER!!!! blackinesenika General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 08-02-2012 05:30 PM
Wonder if he gets pulled over? Vegas Kid Off Topic 9 08-09-2011 12:07 PM
I just got pulled over. . . lilblueninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-21-2011 10:49 PM
Got pulled over... rickykline General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-12-2006 03:48 PM
Got Pulled over... mightymouse General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-19-2005 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

glad to hear no ticket. What time was this cause I was in the same area

Islandkilo
IslandKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50

Un-marked? Muct have been a constable..

Dont worry.. there dept. is going to .
sixshooter1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
BuffaloRider13
Pro Bike

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
XR600R in another state with a screwed top end

Glad you didnt get a ticket... And good thing you didnt use the ol.. I was just speeding up to pass this idot in a suburban...
BuffaloRider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Secret safe with us... exempt for all the search engines on the www that link to this very thread...

jk; glad ur safe, didn't run and did get off... good stuff...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Member Garage

....i think thats the kind of story everyone wants to tell if they get pulled over by a cop. Good lesson learned tho.
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Knightrider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
becareful pullin over for the unmarked cars...you never know who they are. he could of been someone dressed up as a cop, you hand over you ID and now he has your information and can steal your identity. you hear about people getting mugged cause they pulled over for false marked and unmarked cars..legally you dont have to pull over for an unmarked car, DONT RUN, but just cruise til they get a marked car there...also may be part of the reason he didnt write a ticket (i.e. not having a ticket book cause he isnt a traffic cop)

i have asked many cops about this and hear it all the time on the radio...an unmarked car will call out for a marked unit and follow the vehicle until the marked unit gets there and pulls them over
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #8
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
becareful pullin over for the unmarked cars...you never know who they are. he could of been someone dressed up as a cop, you hand over you ID and now he has your information and can steal your identity. you hear about people getting mugged cause they pulled over for false marked and unmarked cars..legally you dont have to pull over for an unmarked car, DONT RUN, but just cruise til they get a marked car there...also may be part of the reason he didnt write a ticket (i.e. not having a ticket book cause he isnt a traffic cop)

i have asked many cops about this and hear it all the time on the radio...an unmarked car will call out for a marked unit and follow the vehicle until the marked unit gets there and pulls them over
True, and great advice. But if he was a real cop(most likely he was) he woulda definately ticketed him then.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
way more times than not I get a lecture when i get pulled over and not a ticket. I did the same thing you did in that area... blew right by a constable lol. Gryphin was there. the cop laughed at me and let me go. he was like "what are you doing!?" and I responded as honest as any man could be and said "man I didn't see you and you know if I did I wouldn't have passed you" lol. he let me go and said he didn't want to pick up my body parts later tonight and to slow it down
I get a lecture EVERYTIME.......but they call me "sir" as soon as I take off the helmet. :/:
Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
Knightrider

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
True, and great advice. But if he was a real cop(most likely he was) he woulda definately ticketed him then.
not really...back when i was in highschool i was drivin down the freeway and this car came flyin up the on-ramp and tried to cut me off but i didn't let him. next thing i know red and blues, it was a swat guy. so it would depend on what kind of cop he is. heck undercover cops doin a sting on a place will have a marked unit on stand-by incase they need to pull a car over.

on another note there are cop cars out there (tomball and montgomery county) that have "ghost" markings and it is considered marked
Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 PM   #11
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter1125 View Post
Un-marked? Muct have been a constable..

Dont worry.. there dept. is going to .
I dont get the part??? Regardless congrats...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Speeding on I-45 around Oak Ridge/The Woodlands and up is asking to get pulled over. DPS, Oak Ridge, Shenandoah, Montgomery County and Precinct 1 have a pretty good handle on that stretch of highway. All have slicktops and Precinct 1 has trucks.
Oh Yeah... ??? bc I only know 1 PCT.1 Person that had a truck and thats my sgt...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Member Garage

popo just curious if you dont mind me askin but what police dept. do you work with?

Just so that way i can speed through your area......lol jk
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:37 PM   #14
Knightrider

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Metro, Harris County Sherrif, DPS, Constables (precinct 1-8) and several other departments have trucks and SUV's
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #15
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Oh Yeah... ??? bc I only know 1 PCT.1 Person that had a truck and thats my sgt...
Not only do the constable of Pct. 1 have trucks but I have seen suburbans, dodges, chevies, AND fords...
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #16
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

I work for Precinct 1... We do have suburbans,several chargers,crown vics, impalas, 1 camaro but in Patrol we only have 1 truck... there is 1 other truck but its a bike unit...
Old 01-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #17
Knightrider

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

What shift do you work? Mornings, late side, evenings, nights??? i ask cause i work the area and work with all you guys (the law)
Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #18
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Well what do you do???
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #19
Knightrider