Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #21
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Dang... Look at Jorge go.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP Testing Sepang SPOILERS Grinchy Taking it to the Track 53 02-09-2012 10:08 AM
MotoGP testing 11, Sepang Grinchy Taking it to the Track 24 02-25-2011 08:44 AM
2009 MotoGP Testing in Sepang Mr Richards Taking it to the Track 4 02-19-2009 12:44 PM
MotoGP Testing - Sepang - Day 2 ArturoC Taking it to the Track 19 11-17-2007 04:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #22
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Dang... Look at Jorge go.
Very impressive! The next Rossi you think?

Looks like we are in for a great season. I hope the contributions making Collin faster transfers to race day.

Last edited by hypertrophyy; 01-24-2008 at 01:13 PM.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife

Jorge Lorenzo, is gonna be the spoiler in this Season!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
MotoGP Sepang Test Day Three - Lap Times
24 January 2008 -

MotoGP Sepang Test Day Three - Lap Times

Pos.-Rider-Team-Time
1.-Nicky Hayden - Repsol HRC-2:00.326
2.-Casey Stoner - Ducati Marlboro-2:00.660

4.-Colin Edwards - Yamaha Tech3-2:01.179
5.-John Hopkins - Kawasaki Racing -2:01.198
6.-Valentino Rossi - Fiat Yamaha Team-2:01.425
7.-Andrea Dovizioso - Jir Team Scot -2:01.447
8.-James Toseland - Yamaha Tech3 -2:01.745
9.-Chris Vermeulen - Rizla Suzuki-2:01.748
10.-Loris Capirossi - Rizla Suzuki-2:01.778
11.-Randy De Puniet - Honda Lcr-2:01.873
12.-Shinya Nakano - Honda Gresini -2:02.032
13.-Alex De Angelis - Honda Gresini-2:02.198
14.-Marco Melandri - Ducati Marlboro-2:02.725
15.-Anthony West - Kawasaki Racing-2:02.978
16.-Toni Elias - Alice Team-2:02.995
17-Olivier Jacque - Kawasaki Racing -2:03.030
18-Sylvain Guintoli - Alice Team -2:03.628
19-Niccolò Canepa - Ducati Test -2:03.703
20-Tamaki Serizawa - Kawasaki Racing -2:04.354
21-Nobuatsu Aoki - Rizla Suzuki --
22-Kousuke Akiyoshi - Rizla Suzuki--

Shaping up nicely
This guy here is gonna make thing real interesting, trust me on this one!!!
3.-Jorge Lorenzo - Fiat Yamaha Team-2:00.766

A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #24
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
Very impressive! The next Rossi you think?

Looks like we are in for a great season. I hope the contributions making Collin faster transfers to race day.

Waaaaay too early to make any Rossi comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablomann View Post
This guy here is gonna make thing real interesting, trust me on this one!!!
3.-Jorge Lorenzo - Fiat Yamaha Team-2:00.766

I have to agree, one way or another. On the track, or off.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

IMO Dovi is the better racer and will edge out Lorenzo over the course of a season.

Hopper up to 5th on the Kwaka

Edwards has to win one this year, he just f#ckn has too. Imagine if it was Laguna

Marco 14th...... WTF ???????

JT 8th in front of some big names, get in there James

We should have a poll for the 2008 top 3 championship positions......
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #26
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
IMO Dovi is the better racer and will edge out Lorenzo over the course of a season.
I think once again it will come down to equipment. Dovi had the 'best effort, we'll do what we can, if we can' Honda factory ride against Jorges brilliant Aprilia effort.

I loved watching and rooting for Dovi to run down Jorge and make time on the brakes. I think that improved his riding a ton by being the underdog.

Dovi could be the sleeper hit this season for sure.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 01-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #27
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

I loved watching and rooting for Dovi to run down Jorge and make time on the brakes. I think that improved his riding a ton by being the underdog.
Dovi could be the sleeper hit this season for sure.

I totally agree .
I really think Dovi is the complete racer, he has everything, and if it's wet.......... watch out Vermin

Still, I'm basing that on a 250 career and a few goes on an 800 !!!
We'll have to wait and see.

Rossi is gonna be the man though 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46
Old 01-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #28
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:

We should have a poll for the 2008 top 3 championship positions......

Lets start the pole after they complete the offical testing.

I don't understand why you guys think Dovi has more promise. He hasn't topped Lorenzo after 2005. The battles between the them in 250's were awsome but Lorenzo quadrupled the wins of Dovi the next 2 years. Most of the time during testing, rookie Larenzo lap times are in the top quarter of the racers ahead of Dovi. You guys think its cause of the machinery??? Maybe. Either way, looks impressive for Lorenzo to come to speed with only several months on the 800's and top his teammate "Rossi".

Saying he could BE the next Rossi was a bit of a jump. I think Lorenzo might do better than Pedrosa's rookie year though. Speaking of Pedrosa... sucks about his wreck, would have been nice to see his testing on day 3.

Last edited by hypertrophyy; 01-24-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #29
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

oooo yea its gonna be a good season........and yea Rossi looks as gay as i can get
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:35 AM   #30
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Lets start the pole after they complete the offical testing.

I don't understand why you guys think Dovi has more promise. He hasn't topped Lorenzo after 2005. The battles between the them in 250's were awsome but Lorenzo quadrupled the wins of Dovi the next 2 years. Most of the time during testing, rookie Larenzo lap times are in the top quarter of the racers ahead of Dovi. You guys think its cause of the machinery??? Maybe. Either way, looks impressive for Lorenzo to come to speed with only several months on the 800's and top his teammate "Rossi".

Saying he could BE the next Rossi was a bit of a jump. I think Lorenzo might do better than Pedrosa's rookie year though. Speaking of Pedrosa... sucks about his wreck, would have been nice to see his testing on day 3.
For me it's about how Dovi has consistantly ridden the wheels off the "slower" Honda 250 over the last two years to keep Lorenzo and the other 'prilas in sight.
Dovi is pushing the bike and his tyres to the absolute max (seldom falling) from the start while Lorenzo quite often has taken a breather mid race safe in the knowledge his considerable skill (no argument there) and clear machinery advantage will carry him to the rostrum.
Watching Dovi in the flesh, you can't help but be impressed with his commitment on the brakes into the turn and his accuracy which is very Rossi like.

I would liken Dovi and Lorenzo to Rossi and Stoner.
Both massive talents respectively but one with a distinct machinery advantage (and tyre in Stoners case) over the other in the recent past.
Take nothing away from them, you still have to ride it, which Stoner and Lorenzo did brilliantly last year, but it helps!

Lorenzo's speed in testing on the 800 though has been incredible but then so has Colin's, JT's and Rossi on the "new" Bridgestonestones, maybe Yamaha have found something ??........

At the end of the day we'll all have our favourites and the more the merrier.
2008 should be a cracker.
Now if we could just ditch the electronics and go back to the 990cc
Old 01-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #31
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
For me it's about how Dovi has consistantly ridden the wheels off the "slower" Honda 250 over the last two years to keep Lorenzo and the other 'prilas in sight.
Dovi is pushing the bike and his tyres to the absolute max (seldom falling) from the start while Lorenzo quite often has taken a breather mid race safe in the knowledge his considerable skill (no argument there) and clear machinery advantage will carry him to the rostrum.
Watching Dovi in the flesh, you can't help but be impressed with his commitment on the brakes into the turn and his accuracy which is very Rossi like.

Both massive talents respectively but one with a distinct machinery advantage (and tyre in Stoners case) over the other in the recent past.
Take nothing away from them, you still have to ride it, which Stoner and Lorenzo did brilliantly last year, but it helps!

Lorenzo's speed in testing on the 800 though has been incredible but then so has Colin's, JT's and Rossi on the "new" Bridgestonestones, maybe Yamaha have found something ??........

+1323
Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #32
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:

Good points Remember, Honda backed Pedrosa stomped the Aprila's in the 250's. Dovi ran great his first year in 250's while Lorenzo didn't do so well with Honda. Those guys were surrounded by 'prilias. Stoner was with Aprila and couldn't dethrone Pedro but when he goes to the 800's with Duc he dominated everybody with the better package. Would you say Pedrosa is still the better rider?

To me it seemed like Lorenzo was maturing as a racer on the 250's and his true talent is showing in Motogp. I don't remember Rossi's teammates Hayden or Edwards putting down faster times than him during testing. Both Rossi and Lorenzo were testing the new engine and Rossi seemed to be focused more on tire testing. Since Lorenzo is new to Motogp wouldn't all the profiles and compounds of the Mich tires be new to him too? I'm surprised to see a rookie out do the Doctor testing most of the same stuff.

Collin's times are also surprising. His team hasn't been able to work with the new engine yet and is still very competitive. Sounds like he's able to work the bike to his needs now and is paying off.

I think the pneumatic engine Honda and Yamaha are developing is going to make them much more competitive with Ducatti this year. Hopefully Yamaha works the kinks out this time.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #33
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Good points Remember, Honda backed Pedrosa stomped the Aprila's in the 250's.

I think the difference has been the level of support from Honda. Aprilia has a full factory support at the 250 level. The word in the paddock was that Honda had focused the majority of it's engineering toward the MotoGP class because of the poor results leaving Dovi with no real development on the 250.

Dovi and Lorenzo are both awesome talents despite the machinery.

I give the edge to Dovi for the racecraft experience he learned while trying to keep up and doing as well as he did.

For Lorenzo, it's hard to learn, or hone your racecraft when all you're passing is lappers. Although he did have some incredible moments where in the 2nd half of the race he'd go from 6th to 1st and then walk away from the field.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 01-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #34
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Would you say Pedrosa is still the better rider?
The thing is I would, yes.
What Stoner did last year was just unprecedented in modern times.
Do I think that makes him a better rider than Pedrossa, no, than Hayden, no, than Melandri, no, than Rossi, no most certainly not.
Perhaps I should but I believe that what we saw last year was similar to Hamilton in F1, a young very talented hungry rider/driver falling into the best ride/drive available and making the very most of it with just a little luck thrown in for good measure.
I just can’t see it happening again this year.

I have to agree with AturoC and point to the level of support, or relative lack of it, HRC were giving Dovi during his time in 250’s compared to say Pedrossa or Kato.

Quote:
I'm surprised to see a rookie out do the Doctor testing most of the same stuff.
Remember, Rossi has spent all of his MotoGP and 500GP career on Michelins so he’s just dialling himself in to the Bridgestone’s right now, no worries lol
Good to see Edwards right up there though, hope it translates to race pace.

You know what, we need to all get a posse up, catch a flight over to the US GP, paint our faces up, set off some firecrackers, eat some pig, chew some fat and just soak up that atmosphere…………………… heaven. 2009 maybe. Here's hoping.

Advertisement