MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #21
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Just turn off the bike and take your helmet off, that way, the po-po knows your not gonna run...

Personally, until the guy I have stopped either takes his helmet off, turns his bike off, or gets off the bike, I don't get out of the car (you feel awful gay when you've walked half-way to 'em car and they jet).
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
banks: irritating procedures GAU-8 Off Topic 19 01-11-2010 10:49 AM
hurricane procedures for my job..WTF!?!?! JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 9 09-02-2008 07:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #22
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Just turn off the bike and take your helmet off, that way, the po-po knows your not gonna run...

Personally, until the guy I have stopped either takes his helmet off, turns his bike off, or gets off the bike, I don't get out of the car (you feel awful gay when you've walked half-way to 'em car and they jet).
So if I stay on the bike leaned over like I am fixing to launch like a race looking in the rear view mirror feather the throttle it is going to be a mexican standoff. How long are you going to wait in your car?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #23
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I like to jump out of the car real fast and run towards toward their car to freak their . Kinda scary having the gun drawn on ya though. But still a rush for me and the cop I bet.

The other fun thing to do is to stop wait until they are almost to the window and drive forward 10ft and then stop and say I am just playing how you doing officer.
Best response by far
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #24
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Sorry about that 1 time i was drunk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #25
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
So if I stay on the bike leaned over like I am fixing to launch like a race looking in the rear view mirror feather the throttle it is going to be a mexican standoff. How long are you going to wait in your car?
He'll just call ahead and get the roadblock set up

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #26
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
I like to jump out of the car real fast and run towards toward their car to freak their . Kinda scary having the gun drawn on ya though. But still a rush for me and the cop I bet.

The other fun thing to do is to stop wait until they are almost to the window and drive forward 10ft and then stop and say I am just playing how you doing officer.
GB for MOD!!! no, wait, GB for PRESIDENT.... although i think hillary still looks better and has more brains
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #27
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #28
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
GB for MOD!!! no, wait, GB for PRESIDENT.... although i think hillary still looks better and has more brains
Dang, I don't know how to take that post.

Seriously, I have done the first one in my jeep when I was in highschool going to the east beach(back in the party days of east beach) in Galveston. He had a hard time pulling his gun out looked like a cop from super troopers. My bud and me couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't believe he let us go.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #29
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #30
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
I'll wait till my buddies come and we block you in on four sides, then... well... just don't try it please

Its usually pretty obvious within the first few seconds of a chase how the chase will end. 90% of the time you can see the extreme squidliness of the rider and you just KNOW hes gonna eat it! And sometimes the guy jets and you can tell from the way he rides, hes gonna get away.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #31
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
I'll wait till my buddies come and we block you in on four sides, then... well... just don't try it please

Its usually pretty obvious within the first few seconds of a chase how the chase will end. 90% of the time you can see the extreme squidliness of the rider and you just KNOW hes gonna eat it! And sometimes the guy jets and you can tell from the way he rides, hes gonna get away.
so, deep down when you pull over a sportbike rider, do you want him to run? i guess if i was patrolling I-10 out in the middle of nowhere, it'd give me a reason to let the car run a little.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #32
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:

Has anybody ever pulled over then took off? That seems kinda stupid because you would have their license by then. Or did they have a fast tag?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #33
level5
moving chicane

Quote:

Sounds like you have had some ran on you.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #34
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i would advise ONLY getting your license and ins. when asked to do so. digging around the dash and reaching behind your back as he walks up would arouse my suspecion if i were a cop.

as for locking the doors, whats an illegal under hood search.
Not sure how "illegal" it might be but Im sure this is from the stand point of someone who has all kinda stuff done to the motor and didnt want extra tickets from non C.A.R.B. parts. If you get a ticket for aftermarket parts you then have to go see a smog ref. etc.. prob a nightmare..
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #35
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
so, deep down when you pull over a sportbike rider, do you want him to run? i guess if i was patrolling I-10 out in the middle of nowhere, it'd give me a reason to let the car run a little.
I don't like chases, period... they're dangerous. Thats not to say that I won't chase you, though. The minute police stop chasing, everyone will run.

The courts need to give ALOT stiffer penalties for running in a vehicle. These days, you run, you may get caught, but its no biggie if you do. Just a slap on the wrist for endangering lives of EVERYONE around you. liberals!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #36
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Running the car hard is fun, though!

Last night someone dropped an assist... seemed like I was sideways the whole way there!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #37
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
I don't like chases, period... they're dangerous. Thats not to say that I won't chase you, though. The minute police stop chasing, everyone will run.

The courts need to give ALOT stiffer penalties for running in a vehicle. These days, you run, you may get caught, but its no biggie if you do. Just a slap on the wrist for endangering lives of EVERYONE around you. liberals!
If you run and get caught, you now have a felony jail time, lose your vehicle. I guess that is a small price comparing to if you wreck and kill yourself. If you got away, you have just save yourself $200 ticket. Not worth it.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #38
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
If you run and get caught, you now have a felony jail time, lose your vehicle. I guess that is a small price comparing to if you wreck and kill yourself. If you got away, you have just save yourself $200 ticket. Not worth it.
Not if you are caught wheeling then you go to jail. They need to lower the charge on wheelin'g like an expensive speeding ticket then their would be less running. It is stupid to throw someone in jail and impound their bike for a wheelie. Stupid lawmakers.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #39
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

the texas dps are the ones that stay on our out here, because they are bored. when i get pulled over i have my mp3 player blaring in my helmet. i get off the bike approach the trooper and in a loud voice tell him i have headphones on and cant hear what he is saying. i then tell him i am armed and that my pistol is in my jacket pocket and need to reach in my front pocket to turn the music off. i tell him feel free to draw his pistol if it will make him feel more comfortable, they never feel uncomfortable around me for some reason. so i reach in my front pocket turn off the music and then take off my helmet...when they see how old i am (51) they never give me any . they usually just visit for a few min then tell me to be careful. for the most part all dps troopers around here are great guys.
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Not if you are caught wheeling then you go to jail. They need to lower the charge on wheelin'g like an expensive speeding ticket then their would be less running. It is stupid to throw someone in jail and impound their bike for a wheelie. Stupid lawmakers.
as stupid as people who wheelie. see how simple it really is.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement