MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 08:37 PM   #81
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






She LIVES!
I started her a few minutes ago, man o man does she ever whistle like crazy!
Sounds freakin' awesome. Still have some odds and ends to finish but am close to riding soon. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
feel like a kid with a new toy
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem: Bike makes turbo spool sound.. but i have no turbo! JusAnotherTran How To's and Q & A's 30 10-08-2009 01:11 AM
Can you say TURBO? Solracer Off Topic 13 04-09-2008 11:00 AM
turbo help... upononer6 Off Topic 12 03-09-2007 06:16 PM
new turbo zero4o3 General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 09-21-2006 01:09 AM
New turbo build update ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 56 02-11-2006 02:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #82
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
AWESOME! Do you think we can see it this week some time?!
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:29 PM   #83
itsjustme
PIZZA *****!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 780


Bike(s):
'05 CBR 1000RR/'01 cbr 929 project bike









Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
She LIVES!
I started her a few minutes ago, man o man does she ever whistle like crazy!
Sounds freakin' awesome. Still have some odds and ends to finish but am close to riding soon. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
feel like a kid with a new toy
congrats. Hopefully we will be able to see this beast at a local poser point soon.
__________________
"I was a Christian by force, now I'm an agnostic by choice"
"Why is religion strong enough to incite war but not strong enough to instill peace?"
mysig
itsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:25 AM   #84
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,901

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey
AWESOME! Do you think we can see it this week some time?!
Ill going over there tuesday to take some shots and some vid footage for a video ima make with his bike.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:13 PM   #85
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









awsome man cant wait to see it in person....
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:07 PM   #86
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






ok, I have it running pretty nicely, at first it was boosting 12 - 15# and I couldnt go past 4 k rpms because I didnt wanna over boost and also didnt have the octane for 15#...anyways, I adjusted it down to 9 - 10# and it hauls major elephant bawls on premium . Wowzers! I'm stoked
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:39 PM   #87
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
"hauls major elephant bawls"

huh, that's a nice image in my head now.

Didn't you run premium before the turbo?
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #88
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey
"hauls major elephant bawls"

huh, that's a nice image in my head now.

Didn't you run premium before the turbo?
yes I ran premium, but when your boosting semi high levels (15# is a way high number on a stocker) you need octane to help with the detonation, and with premium and the temps of the motor at the time, there just wasnt enough to boost over 10# w/o the death detonate clatter.
I did get it adjusted and last night I did some pulls to the rev limiter and it went to 9 - 10# and was pulling to the rev limit so fast, I was at 100 mph in 3rd gear in a couple of blinks and still had two more gears left, and thats with the windsheild on .
The boost comes on so smooth, prolly in the 3,500 rpm range your cresting 8# and climbing quick, need to start holding on a bit tighter at that point
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 11-23-2005 at 08:47 AM.
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #89
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









thats bad fool
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #90
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
thats bad fool
yeppers, its definately fun, tonight I went riding with a buddy of mine that has a 1200 sporty, and his wife on her 883 L sporty and they were ahead of me staggered and when the light went green, they eased into it and then they were hauling a short burst, through second and through third and a bit of fourth. I didnt know how far they were going to take it so, I was way behind and I romped on it in second and started the boost pull, I flew by them as they were doing their third gear pull, him in front, like they were going backwards!
I was short shifting it too :-) and at the next stop, they both said that thing sounded like a freaking jet engine as I went by. They and I admittedly were amazed at how I tromped them. Again, we didnt wind em through the gears, just a short romp, but was fun to see real world results.
, this boost stuff is fun
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #91
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









lol yes boost is very addicting
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:27 PM   #92
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






ok, here is a link to a short movie of it running.
I likes it lots :icon_bigg
http://www.msnusers.com/TexasHarleyR...tachments/3355
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #93
EFmang
secret AGENT
 
EFmang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: motohouston heist
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,048

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Send a message via AIM to EFmang
clip only allows members.
__________________
avatar12
EFmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #94
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by EFmang
clip only allows members.
fixed now :-)
check it out and lemme know what ya think of my HD :icon_bigg
turn the sound up loud to get the full effect
http://www.muddyjeep.com/mvc-703v.mpg
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:52 PM   #95
itsjustme
PIZZA *****!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 780


Bike(s):
'05 CBR 1000RR/'01 cbr 929 project bike









, that's awesome.
__________________
"I was a Christian by force, now I'm an agnostic by choice"
"Why is religion strong enough to incite war but not strong enough to instill peace?"
mysig
itsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:05 PM   #96
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









ssssssswwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaattttt
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #97
rickykline
super squid
 
rickykline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Porte
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,159

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r





holy i wanna see that man....
__________________
its RICKY KLINE

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #98
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






coolio 'eh?
sure is different
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 05:45 PM   #99
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






an early peek at the heat shield I am making, this is fresh from the cut, so the edges have to be cleaned and then spaced 1/4" off the pipe, its going to be painted high heat silver to match the engine case.
MVC 708S
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #100
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









So Sick dude with a capitol s....
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy